Elliott detained after Vegas scuffle

WizardHawk

@DaBoys Hell, @Calvert28 and any other Dak hater chip in as well,

Seriously I would love for you to address this points:

1. PFF ranked us the 5th worst pass blocking OL. They were credited for 41 sacks by one site and 42 on another (the rest on Dak). Do you have any facts whatsoever that shows our OL was a good pass blocking OL?

2. In addition, we fired our OL coach midseason. Can you agree that was a terrible hire?

3. We Scott linehan as our OC. He was fired as well.

4. Our WR's were rated dead last at getting open before Cooper. Do you agree that is bad and they were bad before cooper?

5. Additionally, do you agree our tight ends are less than stellar?

6. Do you recognize that adding 1 - just 1 - WR caused Dak to put up top 10 passing stats the remainder of the season. Which again, points to how god awful they were before.

Finally, would you agree that having a crappy pass blocking and no weapons would make it really really hard for Dak to succeed? IE the team absolutely let him down in 2018?

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. 

That should be Daks soup slogan. "This soup fills you up like my excuses fill up footballs future."

Hey, I didn't want to fire Dez and replace him with Hurns. I was pissed about that. Witten retired. That's on Witten. That's not on the coaching staff. They sure as hell didn't want that to happen days before the draft and after free agency. 

But at what point do we start to actually blame the QB for the passing woes?

Passing game sucks so:

We fired Dez. We hired "Dak friendly" WRs. We drafted a WR in the 3rd. We drafted a LG in the 2nd. We fired our OL coach. We traded our first round pick for a WR. We fired Scott Linehan. Jason Garrett wasn't extended. We talked Witten out of retirement. We drafted ANOTHER offensive lineman in the 3rd. We let Beasley walk, and signed Cobb. 

I mean who else is left to can? Jason Garrett? Okay and then what? We have drafted more OL in the first 3 rounds than any other team I can think of since Tyron Smith. We have completely overhauled the the WRs to "fit" what Dak "needs." We have fired everybody involved in the passing game except our coach who is getting put on the hot seat over it. There is no one else to change out after JG except Dak himself. We have narrowed the problem down to two. If the problems continue in the passing game this year, JG is out. 

I said last offseason after the big moves to the WR position and drafting a guard early that the excuses are gone. Now a year later, with even more moves to the WR position, even more drafted OL, and more people fired over our passing game, I'll say it again.

NO MORE EXCUSES. If Dak can't do better this year, he is what he is. A bus driver. I bet even Daniel Jones could hand it to Zeke and run a little sometimes. Haskins fell to 15. Drew Lock. I'd rather pay little for a QB who does little.

You know why everything you said is void? It only took 1 player for Dak to go from near last in the league to top 10. 

But I do want to point out that even if "we addressed the concern" that doesnt mean we did a good job of it. Especially the young players. Pointing out we signed Hurns is not indicative that properly addressed the WR position. If anything, it shows incompetence in the FO.

Just like the OL coach. Just like the OC. Its systematic incompetence. and Jason Garrett should be fired if he doesnt get us a deep playoff run.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@DaBoys Hell, @Calvert28 and any other Dak hater chip in as well,

Seriously I would love for you to address this points:

1. PFF ranked us the 5th worst pass blocking OL. They were credited for 41 sacks by one site and 42 on another (the rest on Dak). Do you have any facts whatsoever that shows our OL was a good pass blocking OL?

That same site rated our most important pass blocker as the best in the NFL, Tyron Smith. I know he didn't play all 16 but he played most. What was Zack Martin rated I wonder? My guess is tops in the league as well. So that leaves LG(below average), C(average), and RT(slightly above average) who are all around average NFL starter. Dak is known for holding that ball. Most mobile QBs do it. Aaron Rodgers, Watson, and Russ Wilson all have high sack totals as well. Daks time from snap to throw was one of the longest in the league. Which meant that he had a lot of time back there most of the year. Without Frederick it hurt. But we didn't get that far off. 

Edited by DaBoys

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That same site rated our most important pass blocker as the best in the NFL, Tyron Smith. I know he didn't play all 16 but he played most. What was Zack Martin rated I wonder? My guess is tops in the league as well. So that leaves LG(below average), C(average), and RT(slightly above average) who are all around average NFL starter. Dak is known for holding that ball. Most mobile QBs do it. Aaron Rodgers, Watson, and Russ Wilson all have high sack totals as well. Daks time from snap to throw was one of the longest in the league. Which meant that he had a lot of time back there most of the year. Without Frederick it hurt. But we didn't get that far off. 

You cant use the site that rated 1 player #1 to go ahead and discredit the fact that AS WHOLE they are ranked 5th worst. No matter how you feel about the other players, they gave up 40 sacks and ranked our OL 5th worst. Those are facts. 

You arent providing any facts. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

2. In addition, we fired our OL coach midseason. Can you agree that was a terrible hire?

Yes. I was happy we were bringing back a power scheme. But mainly for the running game. 

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

3. We Scott linehan as our OC. He was fired as well.

4. Our WR's were rated dead last at getting open before Cooper. Do you agree that is bad and they were bad before cooper?

I blame all of this on our passing game coordinator Scott Linehan. Dez Bryant told the truth about Linehan in the locker room. Even Amari Cooper said "I've been running alot of slants since I got here." Scott Linehan is a joke. The WRs didn't suck. Linehan did. It's not like our separation numbers shot up to top 5 with Amari.

53 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

5. Additionally, do you agree our tight ends are less than stellar?

The TEs sucked. Yes.

6. Do you recognize that adding 1 - just 1 - WR caused Dak to put up top 10 passing stats the remainder of the season. Which again, points to how god awful they were before.

The remainder? Not counting playoffs right? And what exactly was top 10? Regardless Amari Cooper was great at YAC, I agree. In fact, of all the WRs with 1,000+ yards only TY Hilton, JuJu, and Tyler Boyd had more YAC per reception. And I think Amari is the only one who lines up as the outside #1 all the time. I mean, the Redskins thanks giving day game comes to mind. The TD in the playoffs. All of these are just simple slants that Amari takes to the house. 

Finally, would you agree that having a crappy pass blocking and no weapons would make it really really hard for Dak to succeed? IE the team absolutely let him down in 2018?

No. That's dumb. We made it to the divisional round of the playoffs. There were only 7 other teams in the league at that point. I would say having the leagues leading rusher and a top flight defense were the real reasons we were even there. Even if they did let us down in LA. Probably wouldn't have beat Seattle without them. Daks passing wasn't going to win it.

Here is my question to you:

1. If Dak is so important, and so valuable. If all the other players, coaches, and teammates are just riding his coat tails... If he was brought down, beaten and battered all year due to the terrible players around him....

Why oh why would you play him in a meaningless week 17 game against a bitter rival? Zeke sat, Tyron Smith sat, Zack Martin sat. The true stars sat out. Dak needed work with his WRs. 

Edited by DaBoys

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

And yet another non-Dak thread turned into a Dak thread. LOL

But I do actually enjoy the arguments from both sides. Valid points at both end of this deal.

Yeah I know, but this place is a ghost town. There isn't anything going on. I'm happy Matts is on.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

The remainder? Not counting playoffs right? And what exactly was top 10?

Dak was top 10 in passer rating, QBR, Yards, YPG, TD, INT and comp% after acquiring Cooper. That was done after the Seahawks game IIRC, but did not include the Rams game. He had a good Rams game though, so I dont think it matters

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

No. That's dumb. We made it to the divisional round of the playoffs. There were only 7 other teams in the league at that point. I would say having the leagues leading rusher and a top flight defense were the real reasons we were even there. Even if they did let us down in LA. Probably wouldn't have beat Seattle without them. Daks passing wasn't going to win it.

Here is my question to you:

1. If Dak is so important, and so valuable. If all the other players, coaches, and teammates are just riding his coat tails. If he was brought down, beaten and battered all year due to the terrible players around him....

Why oh why did would you play him in a meaningless week 17 game against a bitter rival? Zeke sat, Tyron Smith sat, Zack Martin sat. The true stars sat out. Dak needed work with his WRs. 

So you agree that our coaches sucked and in turn it made both our OL and WR suck - - but you dont think that let Dak down? 

How should Dak fix our coaching, OL, WRs?

Dak did need work. Tyron sat because he was recovering from injuries. Zeke sat because he had 4 million carries last year. I assume Martin sat to get the other guards work.

2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Are you saying Marino was a liability? Seriously, can't read the context on that one.

Lol no. Marino came up short here and there but was never the liability. He put his teams on his back. But if we are actually comparing Dak to one of the greatest passers of all time. Well.....

• Like 1

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Lol no. Marino came up short here and there but was never the liability. He put his teams on his back. But if we are actually comparing Dak to one of the greatest passers of all time. Well.....

Ok...gotcha. I thought that's what you meant....just wasn't totally sure.

But if it was what you meant I was going to have to call you crazy and living outside of your generation. Because I'm old enough (which means fortunate enough) to have been able to watch his whole career. And he was far from a liability, as you clarified.

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So you agree that our coaches sucked and in turn it made both our OL and WR suck - - but you dont think that let Dak down? 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I think Dak can succeed in this league and firing Scott Linehan was a great first step. If he was brought down by anyone, he was at the top of my list. I think this is setting up for Dak to have a career year. This time of the year hope always springs eternal.

While you are endlessly searching for reasons why our all pros are terrible, I openly blame Scott Linehan. 

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

While you are endlessly searching for reasons why our all pros are terrible, I openly blame Scott Linehan. 

To be fair I dont think any of our all pros sucked. 

Tyron

Martin

Zeke

^^^^^ None of those guys sucked. It was all the other players and coaches that let Dak down. And all the stats and ratings back up my claim. The WRs and OL were terrible. There are 4 components to the passing game.

1. QB

2. Coaches

3. OL

4. WRs

^^^ 3 of the 4 were terrible and it affected the QB. When we changed OL coaches and added a WR the QB improved immensely. IF the Cowboys want Dak to succeed, he needs a good OL, WR, Coaches. Just like any QB. 

Edited by Matts4313

On 5/22/2019 at 6:00 PM, Matts4313 said:

Im saying star athletes have always been this way. The greatest defender in the league (LT) liked to bang teenagers. The greatest basketball player (MJ) liked to beat his wife. Hell, there are a lot of rumors that Jerry has his own drug dealer so players wont be caught buying from a stranger.

Zeke is just another moron. Its not like being a moron is exclusive to "kids today". If anything young people are more cognizant of their actions.

Sounds to me like we are making the same point. Zeke's a moron.

• Like 1