2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

As @Mr Raider said, I feel Tua is a once every 10 years “Generational Prospect”. 

Is it likely we trade? No. 

Have Mayock/Gruden discussed 2,000+ draft scenarios including this one? Absolutely. 

That’s what I was doing. Basically think of every scenario you can think of. There’s thousands of things that can happen and are options. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You just need two solid starters. And this is a super deep-class where you can get a starter in the 3rd Round opposite of Tyrell Williams. 

I agree we don’t need 2 studs to win. However, a GM can’t draft with hindsight.  Who knows who will be available in the 3rd.  Obviously some guys will be there at 80.  But will it be guys like Pittman and Hamler or guys like Gabriel Davis and Lynn Bowden.  We can’t bank of finding a starting WR at 80.  

also, a starting WR like Lamb is more likely to improve the offense then any other pick at 12.

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It sure would be fun to watch.  It may hamstring our D with no true #1 CB or S next to Abram but our O could potentially hang with anyone.  

I don’t endorse the two WR idea, and it 99% won’t happen, but it’s fun to think about. 

Jeudy, Ruggs, Tyrell, Renfrow, Waller, Foster, Jacobs.... yeah good luck stoppin that. 

The problem with shootouts though is it becomes arcade-y. You can lose a shootout to any other great offense pretty easily. It’s very random. 

A great defense is a consistent winner, against all competition. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree we don’t need 2 studs to win. However, a GM can’t draft with hindsight.  Who knows who will be available in the 3rd.  Obviously some guys will be there at 80.  But will it be guys like Pittman and Hamler or guys like Gabriel Davis and Lynn Bowden.  We can’t bank of finding a starting WR at 80.  

also, a starting WR like Lamb is more likely to improve the offense then any other pick at 12.

I agree that if we are going WR at 12 and all Wr's are available Lamb has to be the pick.  From the film i have watched he is the most well rounded and impactful Wr in this class.  

I am skeptical of Bama Wr's playing on an O littered with 1st round talent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree that if we are going WR at 12 and all Wr's are available Lamb has to be the pick.  From the film i have watched he is the most well rounded and impactful Wr in this class.  

I am skeptical of Bama Wr's playing on an O littered with 1st round talent. 

Lamb is fine at 12, but just have a solution to add some speed at WR later on. Lamb has below-average speed (below-average is not a “bad word” and does not mean terrible in any way). Renfrow is not very fast and Tyrell is fast but not a great deep threat imo. Much better in the intermediate parts of the field. 

Yeah I have concerns with Jeudy and Ruggs but still like them.  Lamb is my fav.  He’s got that alpha take the team on his shoulder and go up and get it mentality.  I think Jeudy has more upside potentially but also a lower floor.  Lamb can be a WR1 imo, a 1200yd 12 TD guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lamb is fine at 12, but just have a solution to add some speed at WR later on. Lamb has below-average speed (below-average is not a “bad word” and does not mean terrible in any way). Renfrow is not very fast and Tyrell is fast but not a great deep threat imo. Much better in the intermediate parts of the field. 

I don’t want to under state the Need for speed, it’s a lack of speed is what crippled our offense last year. But we need a consistent offensive threat at WR1 the most.  Give me Lamb at 12 and maybe Hamler at 80.  Our offense isn’t built to go deep often.  We just need the threat of it and to go deep every so often.  I think a consistent pass catcher like Lamb is more impactful than a guy like Ruggs who would likely catch 50-66% the balls but be going deep more often.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah I have concerns with Jeudy and Ruggs but still like them.  Lamb is my fav.  He’s got that alpha take the team on his shoulder and go up and get it mentality. I think Jeudy has more upside potentially but also a lower floor.  Lamb can be a WR1 imo, a 1200yd 12 TD guy.

Best non game catch I’ve seen. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You'd pass on Ruggs?  I understand spreading the love on a team that has been devoid of talent but that O would be fun :)

Yeah. I'd feel more than comfortable rolling into the season with Lamb/Williams/Renfrow as the top 3 WR. I'd prefer to add another starting DB, preferably a CB so that we'd have a pair of stud young CB's on the outside going forward. 

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

@BayRaider

I agree 19 isn’t a great spot for us.  We almost have to trade out of that spot and likely will.  Only way we stay is to staff Delpit if Mayock thinks he’s perfect to combo with Abram.  

Agreed, I’m gonna be heated if we take a corner there... at least trade down to 28-32. One of his ideal corners will still be there whether it’s Terrell or Johnson. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t endorse the two WR idea, and it 99% won’t happen, but it’s fun to think about. 

Jeudy, Ruggs, Tyrell, Renfrow, Waller, Foster, Jacobs.... yeah good luck stoppin that. 

The problem with shootouts though is it becomes arcade-y. You can lose a shootout to any other great offense pretty easily. It’s very random. 

A great defense is a consistent winner, against all competition. 

Don’t forget Witten

Just now, BayRaider said:

Agreed, I’m gonna be heated if we take a corner there... at least trade down to 28-32. One of his ideal corners will still be there whether it’s Terrell or Johnson. 

100% agree.  That wasn’t so hard for us was it? Lol

no way we trade away Conley mainly cause he can’t tackle and draft Henderson who tries not to tackle and when he HAS to tackles like a girl.  If only that man had a sack on him and Joseph’s mentality ... ughh

• Like 1