2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

@raidr4life I don’t believe that for a second. I don’t even believe he runs 4.3. Probably better than his combine, like 4.43 or so. 4.22 is super laughable. I don’t really get the Reagor hype, people can try to compare his speed to Ruggs, but he’s simply not as fast. Not to mention he’s not as well rounded as Ruggs. These virtual pro days/drills have been a joke across all prospects. Not just Reagor. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@raidr4life I don’t believe that for a second. I don’t even believe he runs 4.3. Probably better than his combine, like 4.43 or so. 4.22 is super laughable. I don’t really get the Reagor hype, people can try to compare his speed to Ruggs, but he’s simply not as fast. Not to mention he’s not as well rounded as Ruggs. These virtual pro days/drills have been a joke across all prospects. Not just Reagor. 

Did I tell you I ran a 4.49?  I had my friends and people I pay a lot of money to tape it.  Yeah these nothing suspicious about that. I mean my time only dropped .20 second from when people were really watching 

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

CAMERON DANTZLER is a guy I would really want in the 3rd.. I think we should trade up in the 2nd for a corner like Cam.

I considered taking a guy like Johnson/Terrell late 1 early too and doubling up on CB in the 3rd/4th.   

but that leaves no space for a vet corner to sign..... Mullen, (terrell/Johnson), ____, Johnson, nevin Lawson 

then Joyner aNd Nixon in the slot.

With the rosters upped to 54 we can keep 7 CBS and 4 S.... but doubling up on draft picks means no vet FA  or Lawson has to go,,,, unless Lawson moves to the slot over Nixon.

Can I make a concern about Lamb without being flamed? I know he’s a popular one here. All WR’s have concerns including Jeudy, Ruggs III, Jefferson, and yes, even Lamb. This is not a negative Lamb post. Feel this forum and the media has made him out to be a perfect prospect as of late, so I have to put this disclaimer. I just want to feel as if I can discuss anything. Thank you.

So I was listening to Jim and Pat today and they said Lamb has by far played the least amount of Press coverage playing in the Big 12 (hardly anything), compared to Jeudy, Ruggs III, and Jefferson. Jeudy, Ruggs III, and Jefferson are constantly criticized for their ability to defeat press, when Lamb should have at least equal concerns. Matt Miller also expresses deep concern about Lamb being able to beat press. And while Lamb has a tough, physical play style, you still need strength to play with that play style. For reference, Lamb had 11 Bench Reps which is quite bad actually. Comparisons: AJ Brown 19 Bench Reps last year, DK Metcalf 27, Jalen Reagor 17, Laviska Shenault 17, Denzel Mims 16.

So my point here is:

1)    Can Lamb play with the physical/tough play style he does in college, and also defeat press coverage? I think he’ll have to add more strength, a lot more actually.

2)    My main point, people criticize the other three: Jeudy, Ruggs III, and Jefferson for their question marks with Press Coverage, but Lamb has the same concerns, in a equal manner, and it should be treated as such. Everyone seems to assume he can beat press because of his “play style” and “demeanor”, when he’s gonna need a lot more than that including much more strength. It's an equal concern among all four of them, in my opinion, is the main point of this post.

And yes I do realize hand usage is also a big factor in defeating press, not just strength. However, Jeudy, Lamb, and Jefferson all have great hand usage. So if you’re gonna ever criticize Jeudy and Jefferson about defeating Press, you have to criticize Lamb equally as much. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can I make a concern about Lamb without being flamed? I know he’s a popular one here. All WR’s have concerns including Jeudy, Ruggs III, Jefferson, and yes, even Lamb. This is not a negative Lamb post. Feel this forum and the media has made him out to be a perfect prospect as of late, so I have to put this disclaimer. I just want to feel as if I can discuss anything. Thank you.

So I was listening to Jim and Pat today and they said Lamb has by far played the least amount of Press coverage playing in the Big 12 (hardly anything), compared to Jeudy, Ruggs III, and Jefferson. Jeudy, Ruggs III, and Jefferson are constantly criticized for their ability to defeat press, when Lamb should have at least equal concerns. Matt Miller also expresses deep concern about Lamb being able to beat press. And while Lamb has a tough, physical play style, you still need strength to play with that play style. For reference, Lamb had 11 Bench Reps which is quite bad actually. Comparisons: AJ Brown 19 Bench Reps last year, DK Metcalf 27, Jalen Reagor 17, Laviska Shenault 17, Denzel Mims 16.

So my point here is:

1)    Can Lamb play with the physical/tough play style he does in college, and also defeat press coverage? I think he’ll have to add more strength, a lot more actually.

2)    My main point, people criticize the other three: Jeudy, Ruggs III, and Jefferson for their question marks with Press Coverage, but Lamb has the same concerns, in a equal manner, and it should be treated as such. Everyone seems to assume he can beat press because of his “play style” and “demeanor”, when he’s gonna need a lot more than that including much more strength. It's an equal concern among all four of them, in my opinion, is the main point of this post.

And yes I do realize hand usage is also a big factor in defeating press, not just strength. However, Jeudy, Lamb, and Jefferson all have great hand usage. So if you’re gonna ever criticize Jeudy and Jefferson about defeating Press, you have to criticize Lamb equally as much. 

You should feel free to speak your mind bro.

I think what you said is valid by the way.

11 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

You should feel free to speak your mind bro.

I think what you said is valid by the way.

Sometimes prospects or players reach holy grail status among fans/media to the point you can’t make concerns. So I had to write that disclaimer lol. 

Just feel Lamb has been getting a free pass on his press concerns, when it’s an equal concern compared to the other 1st Round WR Prospects. 

Yes, Lamb is physical. Some people confuse physical with strong though. Physical is a mentality. Lamb is not much stronger than the others at all, and his hand usage is arguably the same level as Jeudy and Jefferson. Not to mention he’s hardly played any press what so ever compared to the other three. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can I make a concern about Lamb without being flamed? I know he’s a popular one here.

No you may not! Your stupid and your ideas are stupider!  

lol seriously jk

those are legit concerns.  I’ve said it before Lamb needs to add bulk in his arms and legs.  Almost all non physical freak WRs are going to have this concern coming out of these college offenses. 

theres absolutely no way to prove my points... there’s no data or whatever to back this up, but:

Lamb seems to be open of those wiry, “high tensile” strength guys.  He’s rather thin in his traps/arms and calves.  He’s going to need for hit the weight room for sure.  But he has a frame that looks like it can easily add 10lbs without sacrificing speed.  

Jeudy can obviously add some size but I don’t think he’s going to add 1/2 of what lamb does.   His game is more using footwork and his hands to glance off the blows from opposing CBs at the line.  I don’t think he’s ever going to out physical CBs in press.  Lamb on the other hand should be able to use his strength and some footwork to beat press... and he’ll only get better at it as he adds size.

i would say I’d be concerned, based on body type that adding more than 12 pounds to his frame would impact his speed.  But he should be able to get to around 210 without losing speed.  I wouldn’t say his upper body is under developed because the dude is shredded AF but in an NFL weight room he should be able to add some mass and punching power without getting to “bulky”.

but If anyone will need to get better at beating press if will be Lamb... as Jeudy and Jefferson will spend a lot of time in the slot of “z”/ “flanker” WR... going on motion and being off the line slightly to give them room to use their feet to help beat press.

If we drafted Lamb I’d play Williams at xWR, at least initially, because his size and speed allows him to beat press and threaten deep.  lamb would play zWR so he’d be off the line and that is an advantage beating press.

• Like 1

I don’t think he’s gotten a free pass, in fact I mentioned him needing to get bigger in the arms and calves 1 or 2 times in the last day or two.

i would also say that he’s definitely stronger than his BP reps indicate.  Like I said he’s a cut, high tensile strength build and AJ Brown/Metcalf, etc are certainly stronger but they also have significant additional bulk.... which really helps in the BP.  BP doesn’t really properly show how strong someone can punch and hand fight.  It’s more about endurance, not one strong blow.  Yes overall it’s an indicator of arm and chest strength but someone can be average bench press guy and have a strong jab.  Also, the bench is so much about form and dedication to repetition.  Guys like brown and metcalf live in the gym for years and probably have perfect form and been doing it since high school.  Lamb obviously isn’t a weight room freak.  He’s going to have to work on that for sure.  But he can still be adequate in strength without having to add unnecessary bulk to his frame.

Lamb definitely had some strength it can be seen on how forceful his blocks are and  his stiff arm.  Also, to pull off so many crazy twisting catches and keep his balance as he’s cutting and breaking tackles, that takes tremendous core strength.  

Being able to punch and beat press is about high impact punch strength from your arms, chest, and core....core strength to twist and fight thru contact.... and leg drive to push off and accelerate by.

lamb seems to have the core strength already.  He’ll need to get stronger in his legs and arms and he should be fine.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Can Lamb play with the physical/tough play style he does in college, and also defeat press coverage?

Lastly, beating press is about your hands and footwork.  That isn’t something that’s up for debate.  
my point is great strength isn’t what makes a WR, or CB for that matter, good at their punch.

As one of the best pound for pound strikers, Conor McGregor, in the history of the world says:
precision beats power and timing beats speed.”

those brilliant words translate directly, 100% to football too, whether it’s OT, CB, or WR.  

my point is you don’t need crazy power to be good at beating press coverage.  Precise, perfectly timed strikes will always be more effective than brute power.  

once again I have zero facts to back it to but Lambs body type is advantageous to the flexibility, and looseness/fluidness necessary to be precise and well timed in strikes.  The bulkier one is in the upper body the harder it is to be fluid in movement.  Lamb might punch like a girl for all we know,,, but he does have the body type, like Israel Adesanya, to be precise, well timed striker.  Fluidness beats the raw power of mass/bulk every time.

If if Lamb or his nfl FO, I’d send him to a mma gym in the off season to work in striking and faints.  If he can master throwing faints and landing those precise shots to a CB’s chest it’s game Over for the CB at the start of the route. It’s the shots you don’t see coming or expect that knock you out in mma or off balance in football.  

Edited by jimkelly02