2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

I think the Raiders will end up with C.J Henderson and Ruggs, Ruggs at #19 because of the WR depth I think they will be pushed down the board with a run on OT's

Agreed a WR can fall to 19, especially if the Raiders don’t select one. 

You have the Niners at 13 and Broncos at 15. And to be honest, don’t know if the Broncos go WR over defense in a stacked WR class. That’s not how their team usually operates. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed a WR can fall to 19, especially if the Raiders don’t select one. 

You have the Niners at 13 and Broncos at 15. And to be honest, don’t know if the Broncos go WR over defense in a stacked WR class. That’s not how their team usually operates. 

And they don't like Alabama WR's

• Like 1

I can't see the Broncos passing up on Ruggs if he's on the board. Would give them their mini Mahomes/Hill/Kelcee with Lock/Ruggs/Fant.

Ruggs the Denver has picked up a lot of steam, but I have often wondered if Fangio would want to spend a first on offense this year after devoting a first and second to the offense last year. They could use pretty much everything but edge and safety on their defense. Plus, their oline is pretty suspect. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

I can't see the Broncos passing up on Ruggs if he's on the board. Would give them their mini Mahomes/Hill/Kelcee with Lock/Ruggs/Fant.

Ruggs makes the most perfect sense for the Broncos, yes. However,

1) They hate Alabama players (let’s see if this myth finally dies). They’ve never drafted a Alabama player in the 1st Round since their existence in 1960, and have drafted 5 in total overall. 

2) They are a team that usually prefers defense and offensive trenches in the first. 

I don’t expect them to pass up on Ruggs III, but it’s more than possible. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Read an article by a Raiders Beat Writer that Mayock and Gruden were bummed that Hurts had such a fantastic Pro Day and Combine. He possibly went from a 4th Round Selection to a Late 2nd Round Selection. If the Raiders do indeed wants Hurts they may have to trade ahead of the Lions and Panthers, who both attended his Pro Day and have been linked all over the place to him. 

I’m not advocating this, but if they do indeed trade up, Pick 60 with the Ravens would make the most sense. Ravens don’t have a lot of needs at that spot. And Pick 80 and 91 meet the value of the Pick. I think they’d gladly be willing to trade down. 

It’s not a surprise Gruden loves every QB.... it’s all BS this time of year, makes for great articles.  QB articles get clicks.  It’s all fake news with these fluff pieces.  All these justblogbaby, raidersramble, etc sites are just me and you types who post their fluff pieces on a central website.  They don’t know anyone, not even a PFF intern.  So how exactly are these articles “news”?

this reply isn’t just to you, btw.  It’s to everyone.

Also, how often goes Gruden really draft QBs anyway? Definitely not enough to warrant ever QB “grabbing our attention” this time of year.

btw.... I wouldn’t be surprised if Hurts didn’t have a great interview, etc with Gruden+Mayock.  Their both really like-able men and Hurts is a high character guy  himself.  I’m sure they had a nice time at dinner.  But that doesn’t mean their Gonna spend a valuable pick on him.  They have great interviews and talks throughout this process.

i posted this video before.... and I think it’s worth the short watch for everyone interested.  It’s interesting how Mayock’s allegedly new culture of Always looking to improve every position every year, bring in all top QBs in draft to not just consider drafting them but to build your scouting report for when you don’t draft them and are playing against them.... all these things  the narrative tells us Mayock  Has brought new to the organization.... well not to burst anyone’s bubble but Al did that exact same thing for decades.  The videos from before we got Mayock.  It’s crazy how similar Their belief system and way of doing things are.  Probably why hes such a good fit as our GM.  

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/09000d5d82862de5/Al-Davis-draft-philosophy

btw... lots of times Gruden and Mayock are interviewing these guys and putting out nice fluff piece info to real beat writers .... all their doing is starting free agent tampering period 4-5 years early.  They know it’s unlikely they’re gonna draft the guy but it’s good to play the game Incase in time your try to sign them.

maybe we do draft Hurts, but it’s more likely than not we don’t draft a QB at all.  If we do it’s probably a value proposition pick.  What does Hurts do for us Mariota can’t do?  I see value in drafting Hurts in the 3rd go be a cheap but good backup for his rookie contract and maybe (10% chance) he becomes a starter by the end.  But don’t now we’d be trading up into the 2nd for him? Overkill... and the value is gone.

Idk maybe I’m jaded by the Tui’s (marques tuiasosopo) and Andrew Walter’s and Conor Cooks and Tyler Wilson’s and heck even Billy Joe Hoebert.... there’s always this chase for the mid round QB project to turn future franchise QB.  First, these guys have a low % chance of becoming starters league wide.  Second, for various reasons they have next to no chance when we draft them. Its just my stupid opinion , but I think you draft QBs in 3 general locations.  1st round for the should be franchise QB, top of round 2 (like Carr) when you have a deep QB class and one guy slips but has a 1st round grade, and rounds 5-7(generally speaking) and what your doing is taking a long shot on a guy who could develop but more important your drafting a hopefully competent backup QB for a few cheap years.  The chances picks in these rounds hit are low anyway and having a backup QB making rookie deal wages vs $3-7M a year far outweighed a 5th CB who can be found in plenty in FA for the league minimum or close.

• Like 1

2) They are a team that usually prefers defense and offensive trenches in the first. 

They took Noah Fant in the first round last year. Elway knows that if he wants to compete in the AFC West against Mahomes he's going to need to build around Lock. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They took Noah Fant in the first round last year. Elway knows that if he wants to compete in the AFC West against Mahomes he's going to need to build around Lock. 

That could mean OT which is in short supply.

Edited by raidr4life

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t expect them to pass up on Ruggs III, but it’s more than possible. 

Also the AFC West could be scary in the next few years. 

You have KC with Mahomes throwing the ball to Hill/Kelce/Watkins

You have Denver with Lock potentially throwing to Sutton/Fant/Ruggs

And you have LA with Herbert/Tua potentially throwing to Allen/Williams/Henry 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Also the AFC West could be scary in the next few years. 

You have KC with Mahomes throwing the ball to Hill/Kelce/Watkins

You have Denver with Lock potentially throwing to Sutton/Fant/Ruggs

And you have LA with Herbert/Tua potentially throwing to Allen/Williams/Henry 

All the more reason to draft an absolute dominant defense and shove Jacobs/Zack Moss down their throat and control the clock. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

That could mean OT which is in short supply.

Garrett Bolles needs to clean up the penalties but he's a sold player at LT for them. Plus they'll have JuWan James back this year at RT who they just paid in 2019.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The more I watch the WR's the more I'm okay with trading down. I like Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy but I'd also be okay with someone like Jalen Reagor or Laviska Shenault Jr in the late 1st or early 2nd. 

I’m all aboard the Shenault train 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

All the more reason to draft an absolute dominant defense and shove Jacobs/Zack Moss down their throat and control the clock. 

Agreed. Which, again, is another reason it is so damn frustrating that we traded away our 2nd round pick this year. If we had that pick we could've easily double dipped on defense in the first and targeted a WR in the 2nd.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Garrett Bolles needs to clean up the penalties but he's a sold player at LT for them. Plus they'll have JuWan James back this year at RT who they just paid in 2019.

Bolles has been bad , solid is a major stretch, and the 2nd most penalized OT in the league.

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm completely confident in our QB room as it stands. Carr going into his third season in the system as the starter, Mariota with an incentive heavy deal that will motivate him to push for the job, and Kizer/Peterman both in their second year in the system battling for the third spot. 

One scenario I haven't seen discussed much but is something that I would love to see. I'd personally look to trade back with a team like Indianapolis. Preferably with a move like #19 for #34, #122, and your 2021 first round pick. Acquiring an additional first round pick next year would give us the fire power to move up for someone like Lawerence or Fields. 

I’ve been preaching this for months now!!! Thank you! 
either 34/44 or even better 34/‘21 1st.  I’d take the 1st and pray rivers is more done then we know he is.  Next years top of the draft will be very very good... could land a stud even at 12ish... but even if they’re ok it’s still another year of 2 1st... we’re loving this extra draft picks thing right? Keep it going!  It’s like a good investment: don’t buy the new TV, etc and buy some bonds that compound interest!

i did this in the ffmd mock draft.