2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Despite the second half where Chase just made some really amazing plays. AJ would be the CB I would take at 19 if they cant get CJ. I liked how he didn't shy away from those plays being made on him. He kept going back. I like that mindset where he is not gonna mentally give up. I think the ties the Raiders developed last year with the Clemson staff will come in handy this year with them not able to get a first-hand look at these players. i don't know if he can start right away, but def feel better about him than Fulton or Johnson at 19

Really dislike what you're giving up compared to what you're getting with that Packers trade. Dropping all the way to 30 for a first in 2021 draft is not worth it. Getting a first-round pick in next years draft is cool, but you have to be realistic on where that pick will be so 21-32 unless Rodgers gets hurt and missed the season. Not worth it I would rather get my choice of WR then do the Packers a favor on taking a trade that doesn't benefit the Raiders at all. 

26 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Really dislike what you're giving up compared to what you're getting with that Packers trade. Dropping all the way to 30 for a first in 2021 draft is not worth it. Getting a first-round pick in next years draft is cool, but you have to be realistic on where that pick will be so 21-32 unless Rodgers gets hurt and missed the season. Not worth it I would rather get my choice of WR then do the Packers a favor on taking a trade that doesn't benefit the Raiders at all.

Having a second first round pick in 2021 is definitely a huge asset. It'd give us three consecutive years with multiple first round picks. 

Lets say we have another meh year next year and neither Carr or Mariota looks like the guy for us at QB. We finish with around the 15th pick and the Packers finish with the 25th pick. In theory having those two picks would give us enough draft capital to jump into the top 5 to select someone like Justin Fields. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I like it. Burgess is a low key draft pick who could take Joyner's role in 2021 as a nickel corner/safety. 

One of my favorite prospects in the class. Funny enough he has been compared to Damarious Randall. My man crush and dream pick at #80 is still Ashtyn Davis though. 

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

ESPN did an article discussing potential trades for every first round pick. 

For the 12th pick they suggested trading it to Green Bay for #30 and a 2021 1st round pick. In this scenario the Packers would be jumping up to grab the top WR on the board to give Rodgers the legit weapon needed to make one last run. I'd actually like this deal because having another 1st in 2021 would give us the draft capital to move up for Fields/Lawerence if we wanted to go that direction. 

For the 19th pick they suggested trading it to Indianapolis for #34 and #44. 

Let me get that 19 trade lol. Even the 12 trade is tempting but GB won’t suck.id rather do 34 or 44 and a indys ‘21 1st, and hope they bomb

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Let me get that 19 trade lol. Even the 12 trade is tempting but GB won’t suck.id rather do 34 or 44 and a indys ‘21 1st, and hope they bomb

According to the draft value chart it would probably have to be: 

#19 (875) and #91 (136) for #34 (580) and #44 (460) 

or 

#12 (1,200) and #121 (52) for #34 (580), #44 (460), and #75 (215)

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Having a second first round pick in 2021 is definitely a huge asset. It'd give us three consecutive years with multiple first round picks. 

Lets say we have another meh year next year and neither Carr or Mariota looks like the guy for us at QB. We finish with around the 15th pick and the Packers finish with the 25th pick. In theory having those two picks would give us enough draft capital to jump into the top 5 to select someone like Justin Fields. 

Its an asset but I wouldn't consider it a huge asset because where the pick will be. Packers would have to offer that second-round pick as well for me to take it. I would need something else with that 2021 pick because I would need something that can get on the field this season along with pick 30. 

* Trade #12 and #121 for #34, #44 and #75 * 

19 - Zach Baun | LB | Wisconsin 

34 - AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson 

44 - Laviska Shenault | WR | Colorado 

75 - Ashtyn Davis | S | California

80 - Jordan Elliot | DT | Missouri 

81 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

91 - Zack Moss | RB | Utah

159 - Antonio Gandy-Gold | WR | Liberty

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Its an asset but I wouldn't consider it a huge asset because where the pick will be. Packers would have to offer that second-round pick as well for me to take it. I would need something else with that 2021 pick because I would need something that can get on the field this season along with pick 30. 

Having an additional first round pick is always a huge asset. 

As I said before in theory if we had the 15th pick (1,050) and the 25th pick (720) that would give us enough capital to jump into the 5th spot (1,700). We might need to add a 3rd round pick as well but we'd be able to move up for a franchise QB and keep our 2022 1st round pick. 

I'd rather select Jalen Reagor or Laviska Shenault this year at #30 with a chance to land Justin Fields next year than land Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy at #12. 

Edited by NYRaider

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I read lamb is a dez Bryant clone 

now I can’t erase it out my brain 

I like that comp tho

I don’t. But I also thought Dez had the best ball skills in the league for awhile. Right up there with megatron 

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

I read lamb is a dez Bryant clone 

now I can’t erase it out my brain 

I like that comp tho

Physically, Dez was much bigger. He was like a rocked up 225-230 pounds whereas Lamb is a lanky 190 but he plays much bigger.

Its been hard to come up with a great comp for Lamb. Play style wise i see some Brandon Marshall in him with his yac and fight to stay up.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Despite the second half where Chase just made some really amazing plays. AJ would be the CB I would take at 19 if they cant get CJ.

You can't really hold that against him. Chase abused everyone this year including CJ Henderson.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Vic comp for Jerry Jeudy is Antonio Brown. Interesting comp, but I see it with his route running ability. I find the Cooper comp rather lazy and easy since they come from the same college. 

I've seen Jeudy compared to Cooper, Chad Johnson, Antonio Brown, and Isaac Bruce.