2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I agree people are going to pass on WR early, I see Ruggs at #19

In this situation, I see Eagles calling Miami and offering a 3rd and 5th just to move up 3 spots. 

Unlike most though, I see one of the big three WRs falling to Pick 18 at least. 12, 13, 15 just seems so unlikely. WRs fall every single year. 

Heck I wouldn’t even be surprised if one WR went in the Top 15. Broncos love defense in the 1st, and already selected offense last year. 49ers don’t seem like a team to select a WR in the 1st, unless it’s Jeudy who seems like a perfect fit for Shanahan. 

I’m totally fine with a WR at 12, and unless Okudah, Simmons, or Brown fall, I actually want WR at 12 cause it’s definitely BPA (not a Henderson guy, but would accept it). 

However, I prefer to trade out of 12. Keep building a bully on defense. That’s how you win a championship. 

Eagles need a WR bad, maybe they want to trade up for their 2nd (doubt Howie does this, but Wentz does need a WR bad). We’d have to give them 80 in return imo, even if we lost a little value. 

So you have:

19. Jaylon Johnson or AJ Terrell..

Whichever one Mayock prefers is fine with me. 

21. Zack Baun or Ross Blacklock. 

Baun is a pretty nice chess piece. And he has Bellichick written all over him, so this is a nice value spot for him to be selected. Also DT is still a need in my honest opinion (Collins is nothing more than a stop-gap). 

53. Insert your WR Preference. There will be plenty of WRs left over in the Late 2nd. Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool, Lasviska Shenault, KJ Hamler, Michael Pittman Jr. 4 out of 5, at least, should still be here at Pick 53. 

81. Jalen Hurts. I still think Gruden/Mayock take him if he’s actually available. 

Defense will always be more valuable than WR in the 1st. 

However, I’m totally fine with WR at 12. And trading down is way harder than people think. 

• Like 1

That video really isn’t saying anything new Top 10 was always gonna be OT and QB driven with 3 defensive players with a possibility of a WR going as early as 9 to the Jags with the Raiders likely being the first team to target a WR, but once the Raiders pick Niners, Broncos, Cowboys all most likely will go WR. Never say never but Ruggs ain’t making it past the Broncos at 15. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’m totally fine with a WR at 12, and unless Okudah, Simmons, or Brown fall, I actually want WR at 12 cause it’s definitely BPA (not a Henderson guy, but would accept it). 

However, I prefer to trade out of 12. Keep building a bully on defense. That’s how you win a championship. 

Eagles need a WR bad, maybe they want to trade up for their 2nd (doubt Howie does this, but Wentz does need a WR bad). We’d have to give them 80 in return imo, even if we lost a little value. 

So you have:

19. Jaylon Johnson or AJ Terrell..

Whichever one Mayock prefers is fine with me. 

21. Zack Baun or Ross Blacklock. 

Baun is a pretty nice chess piece. And he has Bellichick written all over him, so this is a nice value spot for him to be selected. Also DT is still a need in my honest opinion (Collins is nothing more than a stop-gap). 

53. Insert your WR Preference. There will be plenty of WRs left over in the Late 2nd. Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool, Lasviska Shenault, KJ Hamler, Michael Pittman Jr. 4 out of 5, at least, should still be here at Pick 53. 

81. Jalen Hurts. I still think Gruden/Mayock take him if he’s actually available. 

Defense will always be more valuable than WR in the 1st. 

However, I’m totally fine with WR at 12. And trading down is way harder than people think. 

I think we give Collins, Hurst, Hall a shot this year to bring the heat in the interior. If they fail, we will spend in free agency at DT. Collins signed a 1year deal for a reason, and Hurst/Hall get one last chance to prove if they can emerge. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think we give Collins, Hurst, Hall a shot this year to bring the heat in the interior. If they fail, we will spend in free agency at DT. Collins signed a 1year deal for a reason, and Hurst/Hall get one last chance to prove if they can emerge. 

That’s totally fine. Then select Baun. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s totally fine. Then select Baun. 

I'm liking the idea of adding a nice athletic pass rusher we can blitz off the edge. We should have a good pass rush on paper, but let's make it great. Give Qbs nightmares like the old days

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm liking the idea of adding a nice athletic pass rusher we can blitz off the edge. We should have a good pass rush on paper, but let's make it great. Give Qbs nightmares like the old days

I want a bully, man. 4 out of 5 first round picks in two years on defense is just a rare luxury teams don’t usually get. 

I know fans want to help Carr, doesn’t a defense like that help him? 

And the WR class is deep as heck. You’ll even get a Outside-Starter at 80 in all likelihood. You don’t need a dominant WR1 in the NFL. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I want a bully, man. 4 out of 5 first round picks in two years on defense is just a rare luxury teams don’t usually get. 

I know fans want to help Carr, doesn’t a defense like that help him? 

And the WR class is deep as heck. You’ll even get a Outside-Starter at 80 in all likelihood. You don’t need a dominant WR1 in the NFL. 

agreed, defense be looking nice if we invested 2 additional 1st rounders. 4 first rounders in 2 years, plus Max was playing like a 1st rounder, and Mullens is solid. Then adding 5 guys hitting their prime in Littleton, Kwiatkoski, Randall, Nassib, and Collins. Best defense we would field in over a decade

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Trojan said:

I think Jalen Hurts makes sense as Mariota or Carr being gone for cap space in 2021, that would give Hurts a year to develop into either a backup on the cheap or potential starter if it panned out and it's not the investment 12 or 19 would take.

I know a lot of you don't like him (mostly BayRaider I think) but if for some freak reason Justin Herbert is there at 19 I'd take him (Tua @12, Herbert @19, or Hurts in the third are the QBs I'm down with... obviously Burrow as well but that's impossible). Hurts in the third is the only reasonable fall I think.

Heck me and bp would prolly take him at 12.lol I personally will be surprised if any of the top 4 qbs even sniff pick 20. Maybe love, but when it all shakes out, I doubt it. Especially if any are there at 19 and we don’t find a trade partner?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

agreed, defense be looking nice if we invested 2 additional 1st rounders. 4 first rounders in 2 years, plus Max was playing like a 1st rounder, and Mullens is solid. Plus adding 5 guys hitting their prime in Littleton, Kwiatkoski, Randall, Nassib, and Collins. Best defense we would field in over a decade

Yep. Max playing like a 1st, Mullen being only eight spots away from being a 1st, and Randall being a 1st, it’d be like you have 7 of 11 starters being a 1st Round Pick. Then you have Collins, a 2nd Round Pick, and Hurst, a Projected 2nd Round Pick who fell three rounds because of his heart issue. 

The only talent that wouldn’t be Top 2 Rounds is the two LBs we just signed, who are good anyways. 

Edited by BayRaider