If we can't trade at all..

12. Henry Ruggs, WR

19. Jaylon Johnson, CB

80. Malik Harrison, LB

81. Jaylen Hurts, QB

91. Bryan Edwards, WR

121. Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB

159. Derrek Tuszka, Edge

Good work I wouldn't complain about any of those picks. Tuszka is more James Cowser than Maxx Crosby though, IMO.

• Like 1

FWIW Ted Nguyen did a breakdown of the top WRs with grades on various parts of their game. 

CeeDee Lamb

Run after catch: A

Route running: B+

Separation: B

Contested catches: A

Release: B+

Play strength: A

Jerry Jeudy

Run after catch: B+

Route running: A

Separation: A

Contested catches: B-

Release: A-

Play strength: B

Henry Ruggs

Run after catch: B

Route running: B+

Separation: A

Contested catches: A-

Release: B

Play strength: C

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Good work I wouldn't complain about any of those picks. Tuszka is more James Cowser than Maxx Crosby though, IMO.

Classic example of why chasing “the next” ‘player X’ almost never works out.  Typically guys like Tuszka don’t have the finer traits that make Crosby a winner.

if anything im leery of player comps.

Edited by jimkelly02

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW Ted Nguyen did a breakdown of the top WRs with grades on various parts of their game. 

Lamb still #1 confirmed. Checks boxes on play strength, contested catch and RAC. Meaning he is a threat anywhere on the field and doesn't drop off in the red zone. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Classic example of why chasing “the next” ‘player X’ almost never works out.  Typically guys like Tuszka don’t have the finer traits that make Crosby a winner.

if anything im leery of player comps.

The thing about Crosby too though is that he was the most athletic edge player at the combine and one of the most athletic edge players to come out in a long time. Tuszka also lacks length while Crosby's wingspan ranked in the 74th percentile. Crosby also ranked in the 90th percentile or above in 40 time, vertical, broad jump, 3 cone, 20 yard shuttle, and 60 yard shuttle.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Lamb still #1 confirmed. Checks boxes on play strength, contested catch and RAC. Meaning he is a threat anywhere on the field and doesn't drop off in the red zone. 

Supposedly Philadelphia wants to move up to get him. Give me #21, #53, and #127 and you can come get him at #12. I'll take Laviska Shenault at #21 and call it a day. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I could still see Jacksonville going WR at #9. And I am pretty confident that the Jets will go WR at #11. They just gave George Fant $10M/yr to play LT and they have Edoga at RT who they supposedly like.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

With the News about the Eagles wanting Lamb or just wanting to trade up to get a WR. If I was the Raiders I would be open for business at 12 for them if Lamb is there. 

According to the draft value chart we could likely get #21 (800), #53 (370), and #127 (45) for #12 (1,200). 

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly that's why I mock us Ruggs, I don't see Lamb getting past AZ, NYJ, or JAX or I fully expect someone to jump us for him.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The thing about Crosby too though is that he was the most athletic edge player at the combine and one of the most athletic edge players to come out in a long time. Tuszka also lacks length while Crosby's wingspan ranked in the 74th percentile. Crosby also ranked in the 90th percentile or above in 40 time, vertical, broad jump, 3 cone, 20 yard shuttle, and 60 yard shuttle.

Exactly... and I’m not trying to bust on anyone’s last pick in their mock or late round flier prediction.... this is a generalized statement about prospects:

but yeah a guy like crosby succeeds because of either a high athleticism or unique intangibles that lesser prospects lack.  If anything looking back on it Crosby was should have been ranked above Oshane Ximines, Jaylon Ferguson, Chase Winovich, and Zach Allen.  While I can’t say definitely why (how could anyone?) my guess would be the flaw in the evaluation process where a lesser known prospect has a ceiling placed over them and evaluators struggle to rank someone like Crosby, who wasn’t in an early draft discussions, above established guys like Ferguson, Ximines, Allen, etc who were all on the radar for years.  Their long time production prejudiced evaluators.  Evaluators often fear ranking guys who rise quickly out of “nowhere” (in Crosby’s case he had good production but from a lower level school and was a early entry) too, too high.  Had Crosby been considered as an early entry candidate going into his junior year he’s probably have been a late 2nd round pick.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

According to the draft value chart we could likely get #21 (800), #53 (370), and #127 (45) for #12 (1,200). 

I'd do that in a heart beat, your still going to come away with Jaelen Reagor if the rumors are true they like him, and Jaylon Johnson if you make that trade.

• Like 2