2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, NYRaider said:

Bolles definitely needs to clean up the penalties but with him and James I don't see them investing an early pick into an OT. 

you could say the same about trading up, losing draft capital, to grab a WR in probably one of the deepest wr classes ever. I don't see that happening. but , like I said earlier I do believe in horse teeth and his bad drafting (the reason why bolles is there, he reached for need that year) it could go either way....to be continued.lol nothing wrong with friendly debate though.

totally off track but damn! 10 flippin inches of snow up here today.....cant wait to move to a place that has spring. thank the almighty for the draft. otherwise I might be typing "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy" instead for the last week. lmao!

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

If we can't trade at all..

12. Henry Ruggs, WR

19. Jaylon Johnson, CB

80. Malik Harrison, LB

81. Jaylen Hurts, QB

91. Bryan Edwards, WR

121. Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB

159. Derrek Tuszka, Edge

Great mock. I’d personally change 80 to a DT like Elliott, but overall, very solid draft. 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

With the News about the Eagles wanting Lamb or just wanting to trade up to get a WR. If I was the Raiders I would be open for business at 12 for them if Lamb is there. 

Agreed. Eagles are my favorite trade partner in mock drafts, whether it’s 12, or a one spot leap over the Jags at 19 if one of the Big Three falls. 

• Like 1

You can get cute, and trade back from 19, and still get a CB you like, but I think it seems like a wise thing to do to stay at 19, and take your guy. 

You can run a dozen scenarios where we trade down into the 20's, get a 3rd rounder, and get Jaylon Johnson, or Terrell, but we don't know where the board is. If they have Terrell in a tier above any other CB left, or Jaylon or whoever, even if there's 4 CBs there with good grades, but one guy with a very good grade, you take the CB. Especially if it's a CB.

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Dude I'm not that sensitive like you know who. Lol

It wasn’t even like that. And I know your not like that.... at all!  I just was entering a conversation I hadn’t really read the entire background on and wasn’t trying to come charging in and ****e on some persons #160 Pick.... a late round flier ... or when they just want to discuss a late round guy.... that their not proclaiming to be great.

My comments weren’t as much about the NDST DE as much as it was just an overall observation of the draft.  Everyone this time of year has found their late round favorites or think player X is rated around 40 and should be top 20.  And a lot of this is influenced by projections to recently successful players and early in the process rankings.  Heck even NFL teams jump on these trends and make draft mistakes over and over.  But amateurs and pros make the same mistakes: they don’t look at just the prospect... outside influences effect the evaluations.  That could be previous “consensus” rankings or recent similar players or much more.

while BR does oddly have the same opinions of a not mentioned “pro evaluators” most of the time... I’ll give it to him he does stick to his own evaluations and not give a F about outside opinions.  I do think he’s often incredibly overzealous with the projections for various reasons but I still give him credit for sticking to what he believes he saw.  

I’ve noticed you and HB are like that too, in a more mild manner way.  We agree on a lot and the stuff and what we don’t I at least can’t say nothing bad about the case you make.  I just might be more partial to a different option.

7 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

totally off track but damn! 10 flippin inches of snow up here today.....cant wait to move to a place that has spring. thank the almighty for the draft. otherwise I might be typing "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy" instead for the last week. lmao!

Damn I thought CT’s weather sucked.... I couldn’t imagine snow right now.  Makes my cold wind feel like I’m back in Miami, lol.

btw, where u at ? Alaska?

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

One week!

I’ve never had a more anticipated event before. Just being off work and constantly looking at draft news, draft prospects, counting down the days, etc. Been soooo long. Gonna be unbelivable when the day finally gets here. 

20 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Pretty accurate 

Pretty hilarious. I’d replace Tampa with Philadelphia though. Eagles have the biggest need at WR of any team imo and they are in range to trade up. 

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Great video. 

That Denver rumor seems early to me. 

Might be smart for Denver to go fishing here, see if they can get the Raiders to give a 3rd rounder to CLE to get Ruggs. 

Start a rumor to force a division foe to trade up when they don't need to. 

• Like 1

FWIW according to Mel Kiper and Dane Brugler after the top 2 CB's no teams really have a consensus #3 guy. Also Jaylon Johnson's shoulder injury could push him down the board and apparently Trevon Diggs stock is way down and he's likely not a first rounder anymore. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Which could happen but we'd also have one of the worst CB rooms in the league again this year. The only two CB that will be off the board before #19, IMO, are Jeff Okudah and CJ Henderson. We'll have our pick of AJ Terrell, Jeff Gladney, Jaylon Johnson, or Trevon Diggs at #19 if we decide to go CB. BPA is subjective, if you think one of those guys can play early and be a long term starter opposite of Mullen, it's a good value at #19.

Idk how much better we are on the field in ‘20 with Terrell or Johnson at 19 then if we add Worley and Kirkpatrick/T.Johnson/etc.

and I think we’ve as a group just become resigned to the fact that we’ll overdraft a CB at 19 and are already making rationalizations for why it was a good move.  Im sorry but Terrell or Johnson, etc at 19 is not a good draft pick, it’s a moderate reach.  

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Damn I thought CT’s weather sucked.... I couldn’t imagine snow right now.  Makes my cold wind feel like I’m back in Miami, lol.

btw, where u at ? Alaska?

about 40 miles west of Denver up at about 8500/9500 ft.lol grand lake / granby Colorado. just when I thought things were thawing out and maybe time to fish. like I said on FB, old man winter just stays here too long for me. moving back to the Ozarks in 2 wks, just south of branson ,mo. beautiful fishing there, unfortunately lots of Chef fans as well (and im sure plenty new ones riding the wagon also.lol)

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It wasn’t even like that. And I know your not like that.... at all!  I just was entering a conversation I hadn’t really read the entire background on and wasn’t trying to come charging in and ****e on some persons #160 Pick.... a late round flier ... or when they just want to discuss a late round guy.... that their not proclaiming to be great.

My comments weren’t as much about the NDST DE as much as it was just an overall observation of the draft.  Everyone this time of year has found their late round favorites or think player X is rated around 40 and should be top 20.  And a lot of this is influenced by projections to recently successful players and early in the process rankings.  Heck even NFL teams jump on these trends and make draft mistakes over and over.  But amateurs and pros make the same mistakes: they don’t look at just the prospect... outside influences effect the evaluations.  That could be previous “consensus” rankings or recent similar players or much more.

while BR does oddly have the same opinions of a not mentioned “pro evaluators” most of the time... I’ll give it to him he does stick to his own evaluations and not give a F about outside opinions.  I do think he’s often incredibly overzealous with the projections for various reasons but I still give him credit for sticking to what he believes he saw.  

I’ve noticed you and HB are like that too, in a more mild manner way.  We agree on a lot and the stuff and what we don’t I at least can’t say nothing bad about the case you make.  I just might be more partial to a different option.

I suppose I’ll take this backhanded compliment mixture here, lol. 

I try not to look at rankings at all when forming my own. It’s how I came away with Gross-Matos at 6 and CeeDee Lamb at 23. I thought about moving Gross-Matos down and CeeDee Lamb up because of negativity, but I’ve stuck to those two rankings. 

I’ll use Chris Simms as an example. People get sooo mad when they don’t see the “usual” consensus rankings. I don’t get it personally, but it happens. Simms changed things last year because of fan-backlash. This year, he stuck to his guns even though the backlash/hate over Jeudy at #6 WR and Okudah at #3 CB was overwhelming. 

People like what they are use to seeing (same rankings they’ve seen a million times, everyone just copies each other). 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

That Denver rumor seems early to me. 

Might be smart for Denver to go fishing here, see if they can get the Raiders to give a 3rd rounder to CLE to get Ruggs. 

Start a rumor to force a division foe to trade up when they don't need to. 

during "misinformation week" this is definitely another angle to consider, problem is apparently john doesn't know al is dead? mayock wont bite I hope.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I suppose I’ll take this backhanded compliment mixture here, lol. 

I try not to look at rankings at all when forming my own. It’s how I came away with Gross-Matos at 6 and CeeDee Lamb at 23. I thought about moving Gross-Matos down and CeeDee Lamb up because of negativity, but I’ve stuck to those two rankings. 

I’ll use Chris Simms as an example. People get sooo mad when they don’t see the “usual” consensus rankings. I don’t get it personally, but it happens. Simms changed things last year because of fan-backlash. This year, he stuck to his guns even though the backlash/hate over Jeudy at #6 and Okudah at #3 was overwhelming. 

People like what they are use to seeing (same rankings they’ve seen a million times, everyone just copies each other). 

It wasn’t a back handed compliment it was a compliment.  I don’t expect you to thank me for it and invited me over your home for a nice gluten free meal, but geeze just take the compliment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Idk how much better we are on the field in ‘20 with Terrell or Johnson at 19 then if we add Worley and Kirkpatrick/T.Johnson/etc.

and I think we’ve as a group just become resigned to the fact that we’ll overdraft a CB at 19 and are already making rationalizations for why it was a good move.  Im sorry but Terrell or Johnson, etc at 19 is not a good draft pick, it’s a moderate reach.  

So who's a good pick at 19?