2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Would you trade up from 19 to secure AJ Terrell?

Because as the draft nears, im starting to think Henderson is gone at #9 to Jacksonville.

Probably not. The only trade ups I'd really be happy with would be moving up a few slots from #12 to get Okudah or Brown plus that Henderson trade up. The Jaguars are a real wild card at #9. I could see them doing any of the following: 

• Take Tua/Herbert/Love if they don't believe Mindshew is the long term guy. 

• Take Derrick Brown/Javon Kinlaw because they need help on the interior DL.

• Take CJ Henderson because they need help at CB. 

• Take a LT to replace Robinson if you think Mindshew could be the long term guy.

• Take a WR and have one of the best young WR groups in the league if you think Mindshew could be the guy. 

• Take Chaisson or Gross-Matos if they plan to move Ngakoue. 

13 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Don't think he's worth trade up. Rather trade back and get diggs or Fulton

Agreed. I like Terrell but personally think he's a late 1st round type prospect so even taking him at #19 is a slight reach.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

But you're advocating in your original post in taking two defensive players in the first round.

The important thing in the NFL at receiver is core quality and versatility. When I look around the league, I see corps which are much much better than what the Raiders have between Waller, Williams, and Renfrow. Williams and Renfrow are more like a 3 and 4 respectively.

Williams is very limited as a route runner in Gruden's offense and really only lined up at one spot (X). Renfrow is similarly limited in that he's not going to play outside. The problem arises when injuries occur and you have a gaping hole at one of the receiver positions. Receiver has evolved to the point where there isn't a true X, Y, or Z, but each player must be able to play each position effectively. 

Investing multiple picks at the position in a draft which has a lot of depth at the position is the smart thing to do. Like last year, when the Raiders leveraged the strength of the draft by taking two defensive ends, the Raiders can leverage the strength of this draft by taking two starting-caliber receivers.

Yeah, I goofed there. 

The staff clearly loves Williams with as much as we paid him and he has consistently been one of the best deep threats in the league. Renfrow is what he is but he came on really strong toward the end of the season, he can be effective playing exclusively in the slot. 

Agholor had a bad year last year but he's capable of moving around and has shown that he can be a 700+ yard type producer. 

I wouldn't be made with a double dip on WR but would prefer to continue to add depth on the defensive side of the ball. 

Renfrow came on strong as the season went on, in the last 7 games he had 35 receptions on 45 targets for 490 yards and 4 TD. That production translated over a 16 game season would've been 80 receptions on 102 targets for 1,120 yards and 9 TD. Williams was also on pace for over 1,000 yards and 10+ TD before he got hurt. 

Add Lamb to that group who should be around a 1,000-1,200 yard guy as a rookie with Waller at TE and we have more than enough at the skill position spots. 

3 hours ago, SodakRaiders said:

Screams Mayock pick.

Blocking is important trait but you don’t draft Ruggs over Lamb and Jeudy because he chased a guy down on an INT and picked up a fumbled ball.  I already knew he was a willing capable blocker for his size so that video did literally nothing for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I think the offense needs to add two receivers within the first two days of the draft. I don't want Zay Jones and Nelson Agholor to make the team.

Even if we draft 2 WRs, which I want as well, how do both those guys not make the team?

X+Z: williams, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder m, Zay Jones, Ateman, Doss

Slot: renfrow, Agholor, Gafford

We’re gonna keep 6 WRs most likely so even if we draft 2 + Williams and Renfrow, that leaves 2 spots.  You want Ateman, Doss, and Gafford being The ones to fill those spots.  Bad decision If you ask me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

Yeah I saw McKinney in the 3rd, weird. Lamb and Terrell was a good 1st round but Jeudy at #21 set the alarms off.

Yep, no way Davis falls that far. Personally I hated it too. We pass on Wilson, Dugger,McKinney and ADG. Don’t believe we’d let these guys get away. And oh yeah, this guy had SD taking Dillon AND perine in the 4th? Yep, for me personally....I’d hate it!!! Lol!

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Blocking is important trait but you don’t draft Ruggs over Lamb and Jeudy because he chased a guy down on an INT and picked up a fumbled ball.  I already knew he was a willing capable blocker for his size so that video did literally nothing for me. 

Yeah that video does nothing for me. He hustles and has a high football IQ, which is good. But he's a WR, I only care about his ability to make plays. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

With Crosby, Ferrell and now Nassib is Baun really going to see enough snaps to make it worthwhile taking him #19? We have bigger holes to fill than a backup pass rusher.

I see no need to spend a 1st rounder on a guy like Braun.  He’d only see moderate snaps at SAM (we rarely use the position) and he’s not an amazing pass rusher that’s gonna be better than what we have at DE.  I’d much rather spend the 1st on a guy that will get far more use.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah that video does nothing for me. He hustles and has a high football IQ, which is good. But he's a WR, I only care about his ability to make plays. 

Yeah,,, that video just throws 1sentence into the scouting report:  willing blocker, hustles.

doesnt show any elite skills at WR and we’re drafting him to play WR.  
He might be In position to run down a INT like that maybe 5 times in a long career.

Edited by jimkelly02

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I should have included the tweet from Vic.  That is where I originally saw the video.  The fact that he is the most competitive player in the the Alabama program sounds like a Mayock pick.  Pair that with his willingness to block and play on special teams makes me think he is the guy we will pick at 12. But I like Juedy more. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Obviously not in order of where they'd be selected but the WR's I'd most want: 

1. CeeDee Lamb

2. Laviska Shenault

3. Henry Ruggs

4. Jerry Jeudy

5. Jalen Regaor 

what about Shenault makes you rate him to high.  That intrigues me.  I see a very underdeveloped WR who will need to be have plays schemes for him.  I don’t hate the guy, I just see him as a #2 that doesn’t a bit of everything and not a great wR talent.

btw at this point it’s worth wondering if tee Higgins is worth targeting in the 2-3rd round.  He seems to have really slipped.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Even if we draft 2 WRs, which I want as well, how do both those guys not make the team?

We’re gonna keep 6 WRs most likely so even if we draft 2 + Williams and Renfrow, that leaves 2 spots.  You want Ateman, Doss, and Gafford being The ones to fill those spots.  Bad decision If you ask me.

Ateman will be gone prob if we draft two in 3 rounds

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The issue for Doss & Jones is that neither play ST. Ateman does a little bit. If you are gonna be #5&#6 WRs you need to be able to play ST. 

I get picking up a 2nd WR to add competition etc but I don’t think it’s a day 1 or 2 need. Ideally I’d go CB, S, LB, OT before picking up another WR.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

* Trade #12 to Philadelphia for #21 & #53* - Moving up for CeeDee Lamb

* Trade #21 to LAC for #37 & #71* - Moving up for Josh Jones

19 - AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson

37 - Marlon Davidson | DT | Auburn

53 - Laviska Shenault | WR | Colorado 

71 - Cam Akers | RB | Florida State

80 - Ashtyn Davis | FS | California

81 - Darrell Taylor | Edge | Tennessee 

91 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

121 - John Simpson | OG | Clemson 

159 - Tyler Johnson | WR | Minnesota 

My only problem with this is I do not believe Johnson is there in the 5th. However I would be fine just replacing Taylor with Johnson and use 159 on muse

• Like 1