Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Technically they are since the Kanto region of Pokemon is (obviously) directly inspired by the Kanto region of Japan, the location of the events of the majority of Death Note.

I have a theory. L is detective pikachu. 

Just now, DingoLadd said:

Merchandise doesn't make it relevant. 

Yeah the games sell well and they sell merch, doesn't make them relevant. 

By any objective measurement, it's extremely relevant.

If you your own subjective opinion they are irrelevant, that is your own subjective opinion. You can define for yourself what is relevant or not in your own life.

But, objectively speaking, Pokemon is more relevant in the lives of people than any other media franchise known to man. Whether or not you personally enjoy it, this is a fact.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Technically they are since the Kanto region of Pokemon is (obviously) directly inspired by the Kanto region of Japan, the location of the events of the majority of Death Note.

I knew that the regions were based on Japanese regions. For some reason, I didn’t realize they (or at least one) was directly named after a region. 

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Merchandise doesn't make it relevant. 

Yeah the games sell well and they sell merch, doesn't make them relevant. 

Pokémon Go was literally the biggest worldwide phenomenon just a couple years ago. 

Stop. 

Just now, pwny said:

I knew that the regions were based on Japanese regions. For some reason, I didn’t realize they (or at least one) was directly named after a region. 

Only Kanto. Probably because it was the first. And Kanto being the largest region in Japan.

Johto was based off the Kansai region, and Hoenn and Sinnoh were also based off of Japanese regions but not the same name (can't remember which on the top of my head).

Every Pokemon region thereafter was based on a non-Japanese region but the region name was not the same of what it was based (closest being Unova which was based off of the United States)

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

By any objective measurement, it's extremely relevant.

If you your own subjective opinion they are irrelevant, that is your own subjective opinion. You can define for yourself what is relevant or not in your own life.

But, objectively speaking, Pokemon is more relevant in the lives of people than any other media franchise known to man. Whether or not you personally enjoy it, this is a fact.

I'm saying for me personally it's not relevant. 

Worldwide? Yeah obviously it's relevant but to say it's "the most relevant franchise of all time" is entirely speculation.

Just now, Dome said:

giphy.gif

8464323.gif

Just now, DingoLadd said:

I'm saying for me personally it's not relevant. 

Worldwide? Yeah obviously it's relevant but to say it's "the most relevant franchise of all time" is entirely speculation.

8464323.gif

Entirely factual actually by the best metric to determine such a thing but I'll let this end here lol

why is pikachu a cat tho