2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Lost a lot of respect for Mike Schmitz since going to ESPN. That LaMelo segment was bad. He's doing what ESPN wants him to do and that's produce hype rather than legitimate analysis. 

Saying Melo has the most potential in this class when James Wiseman and Anthony Edwards are far and away superior prospects is just unforgivable. That and I'd take Cole Anthony all day, every day over Melo. 

• Like 1

I'm really having a hard time figuring this one out. What exactly are they seeing that's making them change their tune? 

He's averaging 12/6/5 for a 1-6 team with terrible shooting percentages and being a human turnstile on defense.

I'm friggin baffled. 

49 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Saying Melo has the most potential in this class when James Wiseman and Anthony Edwards are far and away superior prospects is just unforgivable. That and I'd take Cole Anthony all day, every day over Melo. 

ESPN has to milk the Ball Brand as long as they possibly can. 

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm really having a hard time figuring this one out. What exactly are they seeing that's making them change their tune? 

He's averaging 12/6/5 for a 1-6 team with terrible shooting percentages and being a human turnstile on defense.

I'm friggin baffled. 

He has a flashy hoop mixtape though? I mean who cares that he's shooting 34% FG and 18% 3FG. We'll get 1-2 flashy passes per game... 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I'm friggin baffled. 

Neither do I. He has great vision...but that's all I see.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

You also said Ja Morant would suck tho, didn't you?

Nope. Had him #3 on my big board, just said that his shooting, defense, and turnovers were concerns. So far this season he has shot the 3 ball well on a limited sample size, is averaging 4.8 TO per game (3rd most in the league), and has a 107.9 defensive rating (107/209 guards). 

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

If Ball can beat people off the dribble he will be good. Being a sick passer doesn't matter if you cant get the defense scrambling by attacking off the dribble.

How many PG's other than Ben Simmons are succeeding for good teams shooting sub 20% from 3?

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Finished with 28 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks in 22 minutes on 11/14 FG. He will be the #1 pick in the draft, dude is a monster. Anthony Edwards had 24 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 steals tonight too. 

• Like 1