2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

No one was really talking about him in the preseason but he has been Duke's best and most consistent player this season. 

Again, we're talking about what 3 games into the season?  Let's let the Blue Devils play a few more games before we talk about him as a top pick.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Again, we're talking about what 3 games into the season?  Let's let the Blue Devils play a few more games before we talk about him as a top pick.

He's in the top 1 percentile in terms of athleticism and explosiveness. We'll have to see how he shoots the ball over the course of the season. But his physical gifts alone will be enough to make him a top 20 pick. He's like a more athletic Zhaire Smith. 

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Hope the Warriors finish with a top 2 worst record and then fall the maximum amount of spots to 6th and are stuck with RJ Hampton or Deni Avdija after this debacle of a season. They don't deserve Wiseman, Edwards or Anthony. 

They'd probably just package the pick with D'Angelo Russell to add another superstar. I couldn't see them taking Cole Anthony and I don't really see Edwards fit either unless they're planning to move Russell. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't a huge believer in Vernon Carey's draft stock coming into the season. But he is quickly showing that he's our best player and that he is a lottery pick type talent. He has really worked himself into shape and looks much more explosive and laterally quick. The biggest knocks on him were limited defensive ability and that he had an old school back to the basket game. But to be honest he has been elite defensively and his length and ability to move his feet in the middle of our D is a major reason we're #2 in Adj DRtg this season. And he has shown that he can operate in the mid-range and has shot the ball really well from beyond the arc this season. 

Per 40 he's averaging: 30.6 ppg | 15.3 rpg | 3.1 bpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wasn't a huge believer in Vernon Carey's draft stock coming into the season. But he is quickly showing that he's our best player and that he is a lottery pick type talent. He has really worked himself into shape and looks much more explosive and laterally quick. The biggest knocks on him were limited defensive ability and that he had an old school back to the basket game. But to be honest he has been elite defensively and his length and ability to move his feet in the middle of our D is a major reason we're #2 in Adj DRtg this season. And he has shown that he can operate in the mid-range and has shot the ball really well from beyond the arc this season. 

Per 40 he's averaging: 30.6 ppg | 15.3 rpg | 3.1 bpg

I have seen him since he was a frosh in HS. just think he is in the wrong generation to be a top pick. 

On 11/13/2019 at 11:40 PM, beekay414 said:

Hope the Warriors finish with a top 2 worst record and then fall the maximum amount of spots to 6th and are stuck with RJ Hampton or Deni Avdija after this debacle of a season. They don't deserve Wiseman, Edwards or Anthony. 

It’s so ridiculous they’ll trade it for a star then get Steph/Klay back.  At least they’re stuck with Draymond for 5 more years though.

• Like 1