2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Been looking more into LaMelo, and see way too much Lonzo in him. Might be a bit bigger, but same level athlete, solid but not great at next level. Thought he was a much better shooter than Lonzo, but 38% from the floor and 25% from 3 with a hideous shot to boot? That's enough to scare me off when we're seeing how much Lonzo is struggling in the league. There's a lot to like, he's got those great intangibles like Lonzo, can run an offense really well and sees the floor... but again, without being a freak athlete you evidently really need that jumper to succeed at PG. Is LaMelo a better shooter than his NBL numbers are letting on?

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Been looking more into LaMelo, and see way too much Lonzo in him. Might be a bit bigger, but same level athlete, solid but not great at next level. Thought he was a much better shooter than Lonzo, but 38% from the floor and 25% from 3 with a hideous shot to boot? That's enough to scare me off when we're seeing how much Lonzo is struggling in the league. There's a lot to like, he's got those great intangibles like Lonzo, can run an offense really well and sees the floor... but again, without being a freak athlete you evidently really need that jumper to succeed at PG. Is LaMelo a better shooter than his NBL numbers are letting on?

This year all the talk was on Zion and how good, great or how "Julius Randle" he would be. BUT it was going to be fun to watch regardless and find out. Still waiting on that one. 

Next year it will LaMelo's year to watch.. I can't wait. Makes the NBA fun IMO.

21 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lonzo was actually a really good shooter in HS and college too. 

LaMelo shot poorly in Lithuania, the JBA, and at Spire last season. In the JBA he was shooting like 18% from 3 and still taking nearly 10 per game. 

• Like 1

According to The Athletic: 

• Anthony Edwards is likely the favorite to go #1 but teams are concerned if his style translates to winning basketball. 
• James Wiseman is also in the conversation to go #1. Teams aren’t worried that he decided to sit the rest of the season out. 
• Cole Anthony is still in the conversation to go top 3 and NBA teams don’t expect him to suit up again this year. 
• A few teams are high on LaMelo but for the most part teams aren’t as high on him as the media is. Teams are worried about his shot selection and efficiency and don’t want to deal with LaVar Ball. 
• Jaden McDaniels is a sleeper to be the #1 pick. 
• NBA teams don’t expect LaMelo Ball or RJ Hampton to play again this season. 

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

According to The Athletic: 

• Anthony Edwards is likely the favorite to go #1 but teams are concerned if his style translates to winning basketball. 
• James Wiseman is also in the conversation to go #1. Teams aren’t worried that he decided to sit the rest of the season out. 
• Cole Anthony is still in the conversation to go top 3 and NBA teams don’t expect him to suit up again this year. 
• A few teams are high on LaMelo but for the most part teams aren’t as high on him as the media is. Teams are worried about his shot selection and efficiency and don’t want to deal with LaVar Ball. 
• Jaden McDaniels is a sleeper to be the #1 pick. 
• NBA teams don’t expect LaMelo Ball or RJ Hampton to play again this season. 

Depending on needs, if I had the #1 pick it would be Wiseman or Edwards for me. Leaning Wise.