2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

obi toppin is a top ten pick

super athletic (he is kinda freaky quick/fast for how tall he is), can shoot the 3pter, can score in the post, block shots, rebound, good enough handles

averaging:

24 pts, 10 rebs, 1.7 blocks, 70 fg%, 43 3pt% so far

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 12:41 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

obi toppin is a top ten pick

super athletic (he is kinda freaky quick/fast for how tall he is), can shoot the 3pter, can score in the post, block shots, rebound, good enough handles

averaging:

24 pts, 10 rebs, 1.7 blocks, 70 fg%, 43 3pt% so far

He's like Jerami Grant if Grant could shoots 3pters well and score in the post

Edited by 11sanchez11

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Anyone care to do a very early top 10 players for 2020 draft?

AND does anyone really believe Melo can go #1??

6'7 Point Guard with 2 years of professional experience(not in 1 year), great handle and vision. Ability to improve the 3. If his last name wasn't Ball I think he would be an easier sell as a top 2 pick. Bleacher Report did a good story on him recently. 

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

6'7 Point Guard with 2 years of professional experience(not in 1 year), great handle and vision. Ability to improve the 3. If his last name wasn't Ball I think he would be an easier sell as a top 2 pick. Bleacher Report did a good story on him recently. 

If his last name wasn't Ball, he wouldn't even be in discussion for the lottery lol

He can't shoot, finish or defend. His name is doing him a favor right now, not hurting him. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

If his last name wasn't Ball, he wouldn't even be in discussion for the lottery lol

He can't shoot, finish or defend. His name is doing him a favor right now, not hurting him. 

Yeah I don't agree with that. The negative publicity surrounding his dad and how he handled interactions with teams/media would deter teams to making him #1 overall. The kid play flat out play and is potentially still growing which is scary. He's has a higher ceiling than Lonzo and potentially anyone in this draft; taking a #1 on strictly potential isn't unheard of.

Playing defense is a mindsight that can be changed so that's not a major concern. Shooting can be improved as well as we've seen with Lonzo. I'm just wow'd with him as a prospect and not as a finished product. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah I don't agree with that. The negative publicity surrounding his dad and how he handled interactions with teams/media would deter teams to making him #1 overall. The kid play flat out play and is potentially still growing which is scary. He's has a higher ceiling than Lonzo and potentially anyone in this draft; taking a #1 on strictly potential isn't unheard of.

Playing defense is a mindsight that can be changed so that's not a major concern. Shooting can be improved as well as we've seen with Lonzo. I'm just wow'd with him as a prospect and not as a finished product. 

From what, 2 minute highlights?

He's shooting 37.5/25.0/72.3 from the field. He's MCW with vision and no defense. If you want to take that over what Edwards, Anthony or Wiseman offers, you'll find yourself on the unemployment line in 2 years. 

And, yes, his name is helping him. If he was some random kid over there putting up that horrific shooting line while playing no defense whatsoever, nobody would say a damn thing about him as a prospect. 

Before his last game, his O RTG was 105 and his PER was 16 with an eFG% below 43%. Kid isn't good. That stuff probably dropped too considering he shot bad the next game after the triple double fluke. 

Edited by beekay414