2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Cassius Stanley is the best pro prospect on the Duke roster. Dude has freaky athleticism and great basketball instincts, the sky is the limit with him. Dropped 13 points tonight on 5 of 6 shooting and had a stretch where he carried the Duke offense with 7 straight points to give Duke the lead. 

On 8/18/2019 at 4:51 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

I think Cassius Stanley will jump into the top ten by the end of the year.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cassius Stanley is the best pro prospect on the Duke roster. Dude has freaky athleticism and great basketball instincts, the sky is the limit with him. Dropped 13 points tonight on 5 of 6 shooting and had a stretch where he carried the Duke offense with 7 straight points to give Duke the lead. 

said this three months ago

I think it was because of the booker/ben simmons/other nba player runs over the summer. he looked real good in those

• Like 1

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

said this three months ago

I think it was because of the booker/ben simmons/other nba player runs over the summer. he looked real good in those

He reminds me of a slightly more skilled Zhaire Smith. He was balling in the Drew League this summer and fit right in playing with a bunch of pros. It'll be interesting to see how well he shoots the ball this year. Handle needs a lot of work as well but he is a freak athlete, dude is baby Zion. 

FWIW Sam's first mock draft. 

1. New York: Cole Anthony | PG | UNC

2. Cleveland: Anthony Edwards | SG | Georgia

3. Washington: James Wiseman | C | Memphis

4. Memphis: Tyrese Maxey | CG | Kentucky

5. Charlotte: LaMelo Ball | PG | Australia  

6. Sacramento: Theo Maledon | PG | France

7. Golden State: Deni Avdija | SF | Israel 

8. New Orleans: RJ Hampton | CG | Australia 

9. Chicago: Kahlil Whitney | SF | Kentucky

10. Atlanta: Isaiah Stewart | C | Washington

11. Detroit: Jaden McDaniels | F | Washington

12. Oklahoma City: Scottie Lewis | SG | Florida

13. Phoenix: Matthew Hurt | F | Duke

14. Dallas: Previous Achiuwa | F | Memphis

15. Atlanta (via BKN): Wendell Moore | SF | Duke

16. Milwaukee (via IND): Trendon Watford | F | LSU

17. Portland: Nico Mannion | PG | Arizona

18. Orlando: Josh Green | SG | Arizona

19. San Antonio: Killian Hayes | CG | France

20. Minnesota: Ayo Dosunmu | SG | Illinois 

21. Houston: Isaiah Joe | SF | Arkansas

22. Toronto: Tyrese Haliburton | SF | Iowa State

23. Miami: Tre Jones | PG | Duke

24. Boston: Jalen Smith | C | Maryland

25. Utah: Josiah Jordan-James | SG | Tennessee

26. Oklahoma City (via DEN): Bryan Antoine | SG | Villanova

27. Los Angeles Lakers: Onyeka Okongwu | PF | USC

28. Boston (via MIL): Obi Toppin | C | Dayton

29. Brooklyn (via PHI):  Jeremiah Robinson-Earl | F | Villanova

30. Los Angeles Clippers: Xavier Tillman | C | Michigan State

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Tyrese Maxey looked really good tonight. Looked like the best pro prospect on the floor tonight in the UK vs MSU game. He be a first-round pick this year, dude is extremely fast with the ball in his hands. 

Dislike his shot though. He's shorter and he shoots it from his chest. That's gonna get blocked in the NBA. That deep three he hit tonight was damn near blocked by the Michigan State defender. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dislike his shot though. He's shorter and he shoots it from his chest. That's gonna get blocked in the NBA. That deep three he hit tonight was damn near blocked by the Michigan State defender. 

I see what you're saying. I saw some Coby White in his game tonight, smaller combo guard that's a blur with the ball in his hands and effective scoring at all 3 levels. This year's draft class is terrible. Excited to see what your boy Cole Anthony can do tomorrow night. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I see what you're saying. I saw some Coby White in his game tonight, smaller combo guard that's a blur with the ball in his hands and effective scoring at all 3 levels. This year's draft class is terrible. Excited to see what your boy Cole Anthony can do tomorrow night. 

It may not necessarily be an issue for me with him shooting it from his chest straight out. It's that he loads up and takes time to get it off. He needs to be much, much quicker on that release if he wants to keep it there. But, overall, he's got a lot to work with going forward. That was just one small knock I had against him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It may not necessarily be an issue for me with him shooting it from his chest straight out. It's that he loads up and takes time to get it off. He needs to be much, much quicker on that release if he wants to keep it there. But, overall, he's got a lot to work with going forward. That was just one small knock I had against him.

Agreed. Will be interesting to see how he plays throughout the year. As of now I think Edwards, Wiseman, and Anthony are in their own tier though. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

As of now I think Edwards, Wiseman, and Anthony are in their own tier though

Yeah, don't see how that changes in any way no matter who rises throughout the process. Wiseman is the clear cut best player in this draft and all this "LaMelo Ball has the highest potential in this class" stuff coming from Schmitz and the ESPN goons is a straight up slap in the face to Wiseman. That kid has best in the game type upside.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, don't see how that changes in any way no matter who rises throughout the process. Wiseman is the clear cut best player in this draft and all this "LaMelo Ball has the highest potential in this class" stuff coming from Schmitz and the ESPN goons is a straight up slap in the face to Wiseman. That kid has best in the game type upside.

Wiseman looks like an elite prospect but I could see Cole Anthony going #1 if NYK has the pick or Anthony Edwards going #1 if Memphis has the pick. I really still don't understand why people are so high on LaMelo. But then again, it is a draft lacking "star" power at the top so ESPN is going to praise him because he's the highest-profile prospect in the draft. 

• Like 2