2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

I am warming up to Edwards as a prospect. I don't think he'll ever be super efficient but he has some potential. 

If he reaches his potential I think he's a 25 ppg | 5 rpg | 5 apg on .450 FG | .350 3FG | .750 FT with above average defense type of player. 

Edited by NYRaider

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

this stuck in my mind when i heard it

anthony edwards didn't win in high school, didn't win in aau, didn't win in college and he is supposed to help a team win in the nba?

One of the starters on Georgia who was a freshman with Edwards is someone I have known and worked with a bit. Don't want to mention his name, so worried he might get in trouble. But his response when I asked about how Edwards was as a teammate, basically " he is mad chill off the court" but it was all about him on the court." and "he'd only passed when in trouble"

take that for what it's worth..

18 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

this stuck in my mind when i heard it

anthony edwards didn't win in high school, didn't win in aau, didn't win in college and he is supposed to help a team win in the nba?

He won a state championship his senior year in HS though. 

On 9/10/2020 at 6:35 PM, resilient part 2 said:

One of the starters on Georgia who was a freshman with Edwards is someone I have known and worked with a bit. Don't want to mention his name, so worried he might get in trouble. But his response when I asked about how Edwards was as a teammate, basically " he is mad chill off the court" but it was all about him on the court." and "he'd only passed when in trouble"

take that for what it's worth..

He played on a Georgia team with no other NBA prospects coming off of an 11-21 season. What was he supposed to do? Facilitate? He had to carry the teams entire offense last season because they lacked any other scorers and they were one of the worst three point shooting teams in the country. 

Apparently the Warriors aren't high on the centers in this class and aren't considering Wiseman at #2. If Edwards is still on the board at #2 they'll probably take him and use him in a 6th man type role like OKC did with Harden. But if he's gone I think they're going to end up selecting Deni Avdija. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He played on a Georgia team with no other NBA prospects coming off of an 11-21 season. What was he supposed to do? Facilitate? He had to carry the teams entire offense last season because they lacked any other scorers and they were one of the worst three point shooting teams in the country. 

don't kill the messenger.. meanwhile you don't have to be an NBA prospect to be a good college player.. just saying..

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently the Warriors aren't high on the centers in this class and aren't considering Wiseman at #2. If Edwards is still on the board at #2 they'll probably take him and use him in a 6th man type role like OKC did with Harden. But if he's gone I think they're going to end up selecting Deni Avdija. 

I could see that.. 

Mock Draft 2.0

1. Minnesota: Anthony Edwards | SG | Georgia

2. Golden State: Deni Avdija | F | Israel 

3. Charlotte: James Wiseman | C | Memphis 

4. Chicago: LaMelo Ball | PG | USA

5. Cleveland:  Obi Toppin | F | Dayton 

6. Atlanta: Tyrese Haliburton | PG | Iowa State

7. Detroit: Killian Hayes | PG | France

8. New York: Devin Vassell | GF | Florida State

9. Washington: Onyeka Okongwu | C | USC 

10. Phoenix: Cole Anthony | PG | North Carolina

11. San Antonio: Isaac Okoro | GF | Auburn

12. Sacramento: Saddiq Bey | F | Villanova

13. New Orleans: Aaron Nesmith | GF | Vanderbilt 

14. Boston: Aleksej Pokusevski | FC | Greece 

15. Orlando: Kira Lewis | CG | Alabama

16. Portland: Precious Achiuwa | F | Memphis

17. Minnesota: Patrick Williams | F | Florida State

18. Dallas: Tyrese Maxey | CG | Kentucky

19. Brooklyn: Jahmi'us Ramsey | CG | Texas Tech

20. Miami: Jaden McDaniels | F | Washington 

21. Philadelphia: Tyrell Terry | PG | Stanford 

22. Denver: Josh Green | SG | Arizona 

23. Utah: Daniel Oturu | C | Minnesota 

24. Milwaukee: Theo Maledon | PG | France 

25. Oklahoma City: Robert Woodard | F | Mississippi State 

26. Boston: Jalen Smith | C | Maryland 

27. New York: Nico Mannion | PG | Arizona 

28. Los Angeles: RJ Hampton | CG | USA

29. Toronto: Tyler Bey | F | Colorado 

30. Boston: Leandro Bolmaro | GF | Spain

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

24. Milwaukee: Theo Maledon | PG | France 

I think I'd be good with this, assuming we don't trade the pick (which I expect we will). He's a good enough ISO creator and his upside is nice for the draft range, should we have to rebuild after 2021. 

EDIT - I'd also consider gambling on RJ Hampton because he has tools you can't teach. It's unfortunate he can't shoot but, if he could, we wouldn't be talking about him at 24 either...

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I think I'd be good with this, assuming we don't trade the pick (which I expect we will). He's a good enough ISO creator and his upside is nice for the draft range, should we have to rebuild after 2021. 

I think Tyrell Terry would be an interesting fit with you guys too. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think Tyrell Terry would be an interesting fit with you guys too. 

I wouldn't hate it. He's got his warts but any prospect in that range is going to. My favorite for #24 is still Desmond Bane but, assuming we actually use the pick, I wouldn't be surprised if we look upside rather than fit due to the Giannis uncertainty. I do everything I can to win now but, if we do that, we won't have this pick anyways.