~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Which is fine by me.  It's why (aside from the title being involved - but even then I wasn't totally miffed on it) I had not issue with Brock/Goldberg last year.  You want to throw part-timers on the big show cards to beef them up and add to the draw?  Awesome.  Just book them against each other and give them enough of a meaningful storyline that it ties into other storylines so that it's not as big of a deal on the occasions/TV's where they dominate the airtime.  RAW's are 3 hours long, let's not pretend like having a Hunter/Angle feud wouldn't help flesh out that three hours more.

I’m okay with one big part timer on the show ( or vs each other) but more bothers me. 

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

I’m okay with one big part timer on the show ( or vs each other) but more bothers me. 

Kind of depends on where you want to classify Shane in that.  If they were to do Angle vs HHH and Shane vs Daniel Bryan (which, honestly, wouldn't surprise me) at Mania, I certainly wouldn't be complaining.

11 hours ago, The LBC said:

Kind of depends on where you want to classify Shane in that.  If they were to do Angle vs HHH and Shane vs Daniel Bryan (which, honestly, wouldn't surprise me) at Mania, I certainly wouldn't be complaining.

I'd be down with that. I just would like the full time guys to get major story lines as well and not back burners to those two matches. 

6 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I'd be down with that. I just would like the full time guys to get major story lines as well and not back burners to those two matches. 

I think, particularly if they were to do DB/Shane, the best way to go about it would be to have them integrated into other stories - be it something involving KO/Sami vs ??? (AJ/Nakamura maybe) or those two in separate matches against guys, but you've got DB allied loosely with KO/Sami (there's plausible groundwork already laid for that with Sami's bit to DB about being "an honorable guy")... and then you use the build-up to those matches to tease the build-up/confrontation of Shane and Daniel and (this part is essential) you don't let Shane/DB touch.  No blow-off with Shane getting the better of Bryan or DB managing to get Shane into the Yes Lock.  You've spent so much time building up this "he can't compete" stuff with Bryan, you double-down on that and ratchet up the tension and anticipation so that when that Flight of the Valkyries hits at Mania the roof blows off.  The one thing I'm concerned with is that if DB does come back he's going to have to work a different style of match than he used to (probably put more emphasis on the MMA stuff, strikes, kicks, grappling - and pretty much ax the high-flying altogether) and Shane (given his signature spots and tendency to through potatoes) may not be the best opponent to show that off.

That Black/Dream match was freaking awesome both in terms of ringwork, little character touches on the part of both, and I'd lay dollars to donuts Steve Corino was the agent for that match because it had signs of his fingerprints all over it.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:05 PM, The LBC said:

I think, particularly if they were to do DB/Shane, the best way to go about it would be to have them integrated into other stories - be it something involving KO/Sami vs ??? (AJ/Nakamura maybe) or those two in separate matches against guys, but you've got DB allied loosely with KO/Sami (there's plausible groundwork already laid for that with Sami's bit to DB about being "an honorable guy")... and then you use the build-up to those matches to tease the build-up/confrontation of Shane and Daniel and (this part is essential) you don't let Shane/DB touch.  No blow-off with Shane getting the better of Bryan or DB managing to get Shane into the Yes Lock.  You've spent so much time building up this "he can't compete" stuff with Bryan, you double-down on that and ratchet up the tension and anticipation so that when that Flight of the Valkyries hits at Mania the roof blows off.  The one thing I'm concerned with is that if DB does come back he's going to have to work a different style of match than he used to (probably put more emphasis on the MMA stuff, strikes, kicks, grappling - and pretty much ax the high-flying altogether) and Shane (given his signature spots and tendency to through potatoes) may not be the best opponent to show that off.

If Bryan came back for mania, would love to see him against styles. The crowd would go nuts.

2 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

W...........t...........f

Drew must be getting called up to wwe.

Nah.  He's either injured (which would surprise me given the match he just worked) or they're just planning on continuing this feud for a while.  I'd bet on the later since it'll probably be Adam Cole that takes the belt off him ahead of his call-up and they're going to want to keep Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly in NXT another year or close to it.

Archived