~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

I hope they are going to let the Shield dominate Raw for about 6 months. Let Reigns carry the IC belt into the main event at Mania and do Champion vs Champion

Rollins/Ambrose can run with the tag titles. 

Then get the big Shield Heel turn. It would be pretty epic. Have Rollins and Ambrose come in and help Reigns beat Lesnar after it becomes obvious that he cant. Run an angle where the Shield have all the belts, and even expand the group by adding someone that Reigns hands the IC belt off to. heck bring back Miz as a part of the Shield. 

I think they could do some NWO type stuff with a heel Shield. They would have to really screw up a fan favorite though, and idk if Brock is big enough, but Reigns is disliked enough to bring hear on the entire shield. 

they could run for an entire year from Mania to Maina with the Shield getting bigger and bigger and dominating Monday Night Raw. It would definately bring the WWE out of the stale programming. It could catch fire and eventually they would be on that NWO level of heels that you cant help but like. 

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I was trying to give Jordan the benefit of the doubt last night but you guys are right.  The dude is terrible.  He comes out for his match vs Strowman and gets NO reaction.  It sucks because he has the look to being a good wrestler, but then again Maven did too.

They made a big mistake in breaking up American Alpha. They could have been a really good tag team.

28 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Both RAW and SD get new additions in the women's division. Nice to some fresh faces and not the usual matchups that have been played out.

dont really get most of the call-ups, they got way more talented girls on NXT. Logan, Deville, Rose all seemed pretty bad. Morgan & Riot make a little sense, but even still.. 

4 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

dont really get most of the call-ups, they got way more talented girls on NXT. Logan, Deville, Rose all seemed pretty bad. Morgan & Riot make a little sense, but even still.. 

They're trying to avoid the rut they got into before post Four Horsewomen (which by the time Bailey came up included Alexa and Nia) call-up where, had it not been for Asuka just being able to roll HAM for a long time, the division was kind of lackluster until Ember carved out her spot and the Women's Tournament happened.

People get that there need to be jobbers too right and that some of the folks who get brought up from NXT are going to end up enhancement talent?  LIS earlier, Mandy is probably destined for manager/hold-a-mic personality type (I mean, someone really want to tell me she can't be the equivalent or better than what Dasha is right now?).  Logan and Deville are probably destined to be enhancement talent - which is fine.  Ruby and Liv are probably destined for that too, but just over a longer period.  Paige is probably the only actual main event level talent in this whole bunch, but they don't need ME talent.  And if, as it's been kicked around, they venture into a Women's Tag Team division(s) next year, they're going to need more women on the roster than they had.

In a way, I'm kind of glad they cleared some room out in NXT because it will afford other women who I feel like have more long-term potential as legit main roster talent (at a level above enhancement and that could eventually be title contenders) to build their characters and get over huge with the fans, like Candice LeRae, Vanessa Borne, Rhea Ripley, and Lacey Evans.  Also, means they might reach out and bring in certain others from the Women's Tournament that weren't initially brought in (Toni Storm, Rachel Evers - yes, she's in Impact but Impact is in a death spiral), Nicole Savoy - seriously, breaking up her and Shayna as a tag team is no bueno, and I think she has more long-term potential than Shayna does, and Tessa Blanchard - I mean, if Ricochet ends up in NXT and they're both already rooming with Apollo Crews, that's some major pull.

47 minutes ago, The LBC said:

They're trying to avoid the rut they got into before post Four Horsewomen (which by the time Bailey came up included Alexa and Nia) call-up where, had it not been for Asuka just being able to roll HAM for a long time, the division was kind of lackluster until Ember carved out her spot and the Women's Tournament happened.

People get that there need to be jobbers too right and that some of the folks who get brought up from NXT are going to end up enhancement talent?  LIS earlier, Mandy is probably destined for manager/hold-a-mic personality type (I mean, someone really want to tell me she can't be the equivalent or better than what Dasha is right now?).  Logan and Deville are probably destined to be enhancement talent - which is fine.  Ruby and Liv are probably destined for that too, but just over a longer period.  Paige is probably the only actual main event level talent in this whole bunch, but they don't need ME talent.  And if, as it's been kicked around, they venture into a Women's Tag Team division(s) next year, they're going to need more women on the roster than they had.

In a way, I'm kind of glad they cleared some room out in NXT because it will afford other women who I feel like have more long-term potential as legit main roster talent (at a level above enhancement and that could eventually be title contenders) to build their characters and get over huge with the fans, like Candice LeRae, Vanessa Borne, Rhea Ripley, and Lacey Evans.  Also, means they might reach out and bring in certain others from the Women's Tournament that weren't initially brought in (Toni Storm, Rachel Evers - yes, she's in Impact but Impact is in a death spiral), Nicole Savoy - seriously, breaking up her and Shayna as a tag team is no bueno, and I think she has more long-term potential than Shayna does, and Tessa Blanchard - I mean, if Ricochet ends up in NXT and they're both already rooming with Apollo Crews, that's some major pull.

Adding a bit to what you're saying and giving my own thoughts...

I think Ruby Riot is going to be pushed well. I am sure Sonya, Mandy, Liv, and Sarah will be used a bit as enhancement talent... but here's the big thing. They serve a better purpose and are able to grow more as in-ring performers and characters more over the next year on the main roster than they would in NXT. They've all put in their time in the performance center so it isn't like it isn't completely unearned either or that they haven't been prepped. This also gets them out of the logjam of talent in NXT (with more on the way as you said) which is both an actual purpose and a kayfabe purpose (specifically in the case of Liv and Sarah). 

Ruby Riot as the second leader makes a lot of sense. She has the most experience prior to WWE and, this is big, is a really good promo. Easily the best women's promo that was down in NXT. She can carry the group in that regard and (like Sonya and Mandy with Paige) Liv and Sarah can learn from her while Ruby gets pushed. Ruby wasn't going anywhere as the ~#5 or so woman down in NXT, but she can become a legitimate threat with this angle. Kind of similar to Alexa Bliss and Carmella. They were featured in NXT and improving a lot, but they both really benefited from being "early" call-ups from NXT.

I've been saying for a hot minute that women's tag team championships are on the way. Too much talent on the main roster, NXT, and more on the way. This week is a clear step toward that. The timing also makes me think that we WILL see a women's Royal Rumble match for the first time in January.

13 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

just googled richochet & he's prince puma? that dude's the best wrestler i've seen in my life. 

Yeah, he, Will Osprey, and a couple of guys out of Mexico who I don't expect anyone to know* are legitimately the best high-flyers who are well-rounded enough to work with just about anyone in the world right now.

* Except maybe Flux.

Archived