~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

Wow I hate buildup for Survivor Series. All fanfavs do is win nonstop overly predictable matchups leading up since its the 2 brands facing each other. Makes all the network shows look more like it belongs on Nickelodeon.

Survivor series itself looking to be the best show all year WWE wise. Just the buildup getting there is unbearable.

9 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

100 percent guaranteed Jordan will cost raw but still.   

Not a chance. Dude is getting booed out of the building, and not in a good way. They won't let a guy like that interfere in one of their biggest matches of the year.

So I find it extremely comical that in 2017, Kurt Angle, Shane McMahon, HHH, John Cena and Randy Orton will be in the all important RAW vs SD Survivor Series match. And people wonder why new stars aren't made.

7 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Not a chance. Dude is getting booed out of the building, and not in a good way. They won't let a guy like that interfere in one of their biggest matches of the year.

So I find it extremely comical that in 2017, Kurt Angle, Shane McMahon, HHH, John Cena and Randy Orton will be in the all important RAW vs SD Survivor Series match. And people wonder why new stars aren't made.

Well, and I'm not excusing the storylines they've put some of these guys in, it doesn't help when fans consistently boo a strong majority of the babyfaces they put out there unless they're comedy acts (and I'm not talking NXT crowds and NXT reactions).  The combination of heavy-handed writing/scripting and  the loudest minority of the crowd crapping on babyfaces when they're not the babyfaces they wanted (i.e. there is no sense of "give a little, get a little") has put WWE in a position where they can't grow a young babyface to save their lives.

Look, I get that the Jordan storyline is forced and hamfisted, and normally I have a lot of respect for Atlanta as a crowd, but they deserve all the crap in the world dumped on them for chanting "Thank you, Wyatt" for (kayfabe, but they didn't know it at the time) injuring anyone, let alone a babyface talent.  A venue/crowd like Atlanta should know better.

Rewatching some old matches today.

Wyatt famity vs the shield

Cena vs Bryan SS 2013

And also after watching Lesnar vs punk dq I think they could use some of the same things for styles. Use alot of kicks to the leg and head, elbows and some high flyer moves like punk did to wear Lesnar down. Calf crusher to wear down his leg and even if styles loses at least he can make it competitive. Even Lesnar was using the triple suplex and other moves.

I have no idea what direction they are going with the Raw vs Smackdown match now. There is no way Angle, Stroman and HHH all eat a pin is there? Same with Shane and Cena. I suspect Roode will be replaced today as well. I think it would be awesome to see them do some kind of surprise return with the Undertaker or something. Can you imagine that? 

Shane, Cena, Orton, Nakamura, Undertaker vs HHH, Angle, Joe, Balor, Stroman. 

there are all kinds of crazy things that can happen. I suspect Stroman gets into it with Kane and is counted out. Zayn and Owens probably get involved as well as Jordan and a set up to HHH vs Angle at Mania. 

I am really looking forward to this match just to see what kind of crazy stuff they might do. 

10 hours ago, pollino14 said:

its the wwe.  I wont hold it against them.  They can actually play off of Angle not even helping Jordan when HHH pedigreed him.  I'm willing to bet Jordan turns heel and cost team Raw on Sunday. 

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

Well, and I'm not excusing the storylines they've put some of these guys in, it doesn't help when fans consistently boo a strong majority of the babyfaces they put out there unless they're comedy acts (and I'm not talking NXT crowds and NXT reactions).  The combination of heavy-handed writing/scripting and  the loudest minority of the crowd crapping on babyfaces when they're not the babyfaces they wanted (i.e. there is no sense of "give a little, get a little") has put WWE in a position where they can't grow a young babyface to save their lives.

Look, I get that the Jordan storyline is forced and hamfisted, and normally I have a lot of respect for Atlanta as a crowd, but they deserve all the crap in the world dumped on them for chanting "Thank you, Wyatt" for (kayfabe, but they didn't know it at the time) injuring anyone, let alone a babyface talent.  A venue/crowd like Atlanta should know better.

Agree 100%. Crowds are getting smarkier by the day. If “they” aren’t the driving force in trying to get a guy over then they’re gonna boo. It’s ridiculous.

Look, Jordan’s character is severely lacking right now, but the guy can work. There’s no reason for that much hate.

Just now, pollino14 said:

Agree 100%. Crowds are getting smarkier by the day. If “they” aren’t the driving force in trying to get a guy over then they’re gonna boo. It’s ridiculous.

Look, Jordan’s character is severely lacking right now, but the guy can work. There’s no reason for that much hate.

Yeah, it was just something that really bugged me.  You don't cheer injuries... ever.  it's akin to booing a guy getting carried out on a stretcher at actual sporting events.

I mean, I like the Young Bucks - I don't think they're anything terribly special in the ring but they have the kind of charisma in and out of the ring that always finds a way to succeed so I can appreciate that.  And the promo that Matt (I think it was...) delivered that was the primary source of the "F Vince" chants at an ROH event - well-delivered, good shoot.

But I feel like we're getting these (to me it's a bit hypocritical) fans that go to the shows the Bucks and others like them are on and chant "F Vince," who then turn around the next time WWE (or at least a RAW or SD or ppv broadcast) is in town and not only give Vince their money but then crap on the product in such a way that it's nearly impossible for the product to give them what they want.

It's part of why a decent number of the guys coming from the indies (or certain indies) struggle to breakthrough with Vince (i.e. get Vince actually seeing something in them) - because they all want to be the "cool heel."  Now, given the way the WWE currently books all but maybe 2 babyfaces (50-50 booking), I can understand why guys already on the main roster would prefer to be heels over faces.  Heels basically get to do whatever they want; Vince reportedly just told Sami to go out and "be annoying like he is normally" for this recent heel run and it's the freshest and most purposeful Sami's character has been since he came up from NXT.  Heels actually get to win and not look like geeks who get done in by being stupid.  Heels aren't handed the thicker scripts with specific buzzwords and phrases to work into the promo.

Thing is, fans have to realize that the face/heel dichotomy IS wrestling.  IT's not changing.  Occasionally you may get the face vs face feud that's built up over a long period of time and usually still has teases the one of the two may be on the verge of heel turn (Hogan/Warrior, Megapowers Collide, Bret/Shawn Ironman, DB/Cena), but heel vs heel has extremely short-term burn and really only serves to undermine the credibility of one of the two guys which then hurts his ability to help babyfaces get over with the crowd (which is the ultimate job of any heel).  And that fans have a responsibility and a role to play in the show.

Interestingly enough, AJ is kind of the case that proves my point too, as he had experience and knew how to get himself over as a babyface away from the Indies (yes, I'm considering TNA to be a bit more than the Indies) and even then he still had to go the route of coming in as a heel because with the casual crowd who doesn't know who some of these guys that are great in-ring performers but not captivating promos, the reformed-bad-guy-come-good is still the easiest and most classic redemption storyline to allow someone to establish himself as a babyface.

Archived