STAR TREK: The Next Generation Mafia (Romulan Star Empire wins!)

3 minutes ago, Dome said:
4 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Why is everyone so keen on lynching for Borg when we can lynch Tk3 or Counselor to confirm admitted and invested non town? This is day 3 of a 24 person game

Me like 

That's only if you buy the borg argument.  I don't necessarily buy that he is converting. I think he has more evil intentions then that.  Unless he can explain himself visimg 3 people n1 and what he did to the innocent orca 1.0

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

1. Swag visited 3 people including Orca 1.0 on N1: What is your alls idea on how he can be the converter if he visits 3 people. At best its 1 person with an item and 2 people with a move right?

This was my assumption, 1 item use and 2 ability use. This is also why I say he may not be the converter even though he's likely borg. Either way it's risky.

2. Dome says he invests 3 people to learn alignments of group, 2 people get in way for 5 total...Ruskie has same move but just 5 total...is it likley 1 of them isnt being truthful or likely 1 person could do 5 and the other 3?

I'd think Ruskie is the one more likely to be lying. We have at least some confirmation of Dome's ability with Mookie flipping.

3. Again with the large amount of invests there will probably be a large amount of tampers, redirects, false positives , etc. There is a likelihood given Malfs D1 play he was framed came up being possibly Borg and Swag Fed and then in Ruski invest show Swag could also be Fed

While we should be wary of additional tampers I don't think it's likely to have more than one framer in a game. And we certainly should not be outright ignoring investigation results due to potential tampers we don't even know about.

This leads me to 

4. Best available info would be the single invest of Tk3. I dont see how anyone would frame him, he appears to be coasting and not contributing, but with 0 heat at all until now right? 

Tk3 has had plenty of heat so if there is another framer out there he could have been a possible target for sure. Either way I don't think that's the best available info. We've narrowed down Dome's original list. That's good info.

5. @SwAg what you do to Orca 1.0?

Potentially he's the one who killed you. Using his item.

6. Why is everyone so keen on lynching for Borg when we can lynch Tk3 or Counselor to confirm admitted and invested non town? This is day 3 of a 24 person game

Because the Borg are the cult faction in this game. We cannot let them have another night free to recruit people. Why in the **** would we lynch Counselor over potential/likely cult recruiter?

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Explain how a converter possibly can move on 3 people in 1 night?

Converter can only convert certain named roles + crewman. Converter gives 3 names, the convertee will be random between those that are eligible. 

Easy peasy. 

On 6/30/2019 at 7:47 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Despite being a named character, you are considered a generic crewman for any effects determined by that.

Also wanting to point out this from a couple of Civ autopsies, would allude to generic crewman can be converted...not main characters that's how I took it....why is it possible the captain can be converted?

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Also wanting to point out this from a couple of Civ autopsies, would allude to generic crewman can be converted...not main characters that's how I took it....why is it possible the captain can be converted?

You are talking about the "you are considered a generic crewman despite being named" or something like that? 

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

So, the case against me is: SwAg is the cult recruiter, who targeted three people on N1, one of which flipped Town, and the other two are now voting for me, because they’re totes not next in line if I flip Cult, particularly in this setup where the role is revealed and my N1 targets are known.

You know that votes 30 hours before deadline mean jackcrap. Weak argument swaggy poo. 

Then, for good measure, Ruskie shows up and re-analyzes a lot of familiar names, except Malfatron of course, lol, which pushes the tide toward me.  And when I die, Malfatron is still alive.

Ruskie gonna ruskie, :shrugs:

But don’t worry, you have Counselor to clean up, who is yelling about how he has a kill now and is going to shoot the odd man out, while if you believe people there are 3-4 redirects in this game.  I’m sure that is the strategy to telegraph.

Shocking. Swag saved counselor only to meatshield him later. WHO TF WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING AND CALLED IT D1???!??!??

Then, we have Malfatron’s claim of Picard, who can be assimilated.  So, the guy who is off the NA grid because he was conveniently roleblocked and redirected to himself N1 and N2, respectively, is Picard because he says so?  It’s hardly a stretch that Malfatron converted Picard and knows no counter is coming; or, he’s trying to draw Picard out.

Fair point

There are so many issues here, it is difficult to even fathom the thought process.  I mean, tk3 is red lettered, but think back to recent games, Malfatron literally did what he explicitly accuses people of doing as scum.  

53% or 100%, the amount of rope you’re all giving Malfatron to ******* hang us all is coiling on the floor.

You would agree that a convertor is more important than a faction that we dont even know has a hit, correct? 

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

It’s so clearly Malfatron for Borg, and tk3 is Mafia too.

Agreed 100%. Clearly Swag & Malf for borg, TK3 for mafia. 

So, the case against me is: SwAg is the cult recruiter, who targeted three people on N1, one of which flipped Town, and the other two are now voting for me, because they’re totes not next in line if I flip Cult, particularly in this setup where the role is revealed and my N1 targets are known.

You're really ignoring a lot of context there on those votes. MD4L voted against you and only flipped to you when called out. Malf is the other possible lynch so we know he's voting you for obvious reasons. I normally don't know you to ignore important context like that.

Then, for good measure, Ruskie shows up and re-analyzes a lot of familiar names, except Malfatron of course, lol, which pushes the tide toward me.  And when I die, Malfatron is still alive.

Ruskie I got no answer for, I think he's bull****ting.

But don’t worry, you have Counselor to clean up, who is yelling about how he has a kill now and is going to shoot the odd man out, while if you believe people there are 3-4 redirects in this game.  I’m sure that is the strategy to telegraph.

I trust Counselor. He's buckwild but he'll do the right thing.

Then, we have Malfatron’s claim of Picard, who can be assimilated.  So, the guy who is off the NA grid because he was conveniently roleblocked and redirected to himself N1 and N2, respectively, is Picard because he says so?  It’s hardly a stretch that Malfatron converted Picard and knows no counter is coming; or, he’s trying to draw Picard out.

This is pretty much the only argument I think you got going for you right now. The thing is though that Matts pointed out that most of your race, El-Aurian, is assimilated. Making your character just as likely to be an assimilated borg as Malf's character.

There are so many issues here, it is difficult to even fathom the thought process.  I mean, tk3 is red lettered, but think back to recent games, Malfatron literally did what he explicitly accuses people of doing as scum.  

Tk3 may be red lettered but you or Malf is the borg, likely you in my opinion. Borg is a much bigger threat.

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Explain how a converter possibly can move on 3 people in 1 night?

So you're all in on there being multiple framers in this game but a recruiter being able to target two people is unbelievable? I say two because it's obvious that one was his item use. And we can already see from Dingo's role that he as the scum framer could target two people a night. It's not out of the realm of possibility at all for the recruiter to target two people.

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Nothing he couldn’t survive.

Sorry man but you're past the point of being coy about things

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

You are talking about the "you are considered a generic crewman despite being named" or something like that? 

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

^^^^^^ I JUST SAID THAT :POUNDS CHEST KING KONG: YELLS LOUDLY

(this is a joke @Dome)

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Converter can only convert certain named roles + crewman. Converter gives 3 names, the convertee will be random between those that are eligible. 

Easy peasy. 

Archived