NBA Summer League 2019

11sanchez11

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Grant is 6'8 now lmao. Idk, maybe you could respect yourself a little more to step to someone instead of tripping people who aren't looking and hitting people in the head from behind.  Didn't realize hitting a dude in the head before you "get ball" is a clean play. You are embarrassing yourself. 

If Grant did that to someone on the street it would've been borderline assault. You can't just grab a grown man and hold onto him with full force. Allen legit had to push him away and the "flagrant" he touched the ball before he ever hit Grant. Neither play was really that big of a deal. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If Grant did that to someone on the street it would've been borderline assault. You can't just grab a grown man and hold onto him with full force. Allen legit had to push him away and the "flagrant" he touched the ball before he ever hit Grant. Neither play was really that big of a deal. 

No, he didn't touch ball before he hit him in the head. Dude please teach me to distort reality for my narrative the way you do. If Grant Williams went up and set a screen on someone on the street, it would be weird, you're right, good thing they're playing basketball where it happens hundreds of times a game. Still trying to find that mean bearhug you're talking about. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

No, he didn't touch ball before he hit him in the head. Dude please teach me to distort reality for my narrative the way you do. If Grant Williams went up and set a screen on someone on the street, it would be weird, you're right, good thing they're playing basketball where it happens hundreds of times a game. Still trying to find that mean bearhug you're talking about. 

If he grabbed another man and held him the way he grabbed Allen it would've been assault. The motion he made was to push Grant's arms off of him. And you can literally hear him smack the ball before he touched Grant which is why he loses control going up and throws it off the backboard. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has outplayed the MVP in the playoffs and regular season. You can't deny he's amazing. 

Oh man, you got me. That career 38.9/29.3/82.9 with a .439 eFG% shooting line in the playoffs IS FRIGGIN' AMAZING.

Playoffs Per Game

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Career     NBA   16 16 37.8 8.6 22.2 .389 2.3 7.7 .293 6.4 14.5 .440 .439 3.9 4.8 .829 1.0 4.6 5.6 3.9 1.5 0.3 3.3 3.1 23.4
2017-18 21 UTA NBA SG 11 11 37.4 9.3 22.1 .420 2.3 7.3 .313 7.0 14.8 .472 .471 3.5 3.9 .907 0.8 5.1 5.9 4.2 1.5 0.4 2.9 3.2 24.4
2018-19 22 UTA NBA SG 5 5 38.6 7.2 22.4 .321 2.2 8.6 .256 5.0 13.8 .362 .371 4.8 6.6 .727 1.4 3.6 5.0 3.2 1.6 0.2 4.2 3.0 21.4

That's a brutal *** stat line lmao

Dude straight plays like Russell Wesbrick in the playoffs

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If he grabbed another man and held him the way he grabbed Allen it would've been assault. The motion he made was to push Grant's arms off of him. And you can literally hear him smack the ball before he touched Grant which is why he loses control going up and throws it off the backboard. 

Yeah you're wrong, on both accounts. You can watch the video you posted to see where you're wrong if you'd like. I don't really know how else to tell you you're wrong. The evidence is really not in your favor. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Oh man, you got me. That career 38.9/29.3/82.9 with a .439 eFG% shooting line in the playoffs IS FRIGGIN' AMAZING.

He outplayed Russell Westbrook and PG13 as a rookie in the first round last year. As a rookie, he outplayed the defending MVP (Westbrook) and another player that finished top 3 in MVP and DPOY (PG13). And then this year when he was healthy he outplayed the current MVP. The man can play. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Yeah you're wrong, on both accounts. You can watch the video you posted to see where you're wrong if you'd like. I don't really know how else to tell you you're wrong. The evidence is really not in your favor. 

I've seen the video. Grant clearly grabs him and holds him, Allen flares his arms up to break his hold. The second play you can literally hear Allen smack the ball before his arm hit Grant's shoulder, it was a clean basketball play. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He outplayed Russell Westbrook and PG13 as a rookie in the first round last year. As a rookie, he outplayed the defending MVP (Westbrook) and another player that finished top 3 in MVP and DPOY (PG13). And then this year when he was healthy he outplayed the current MVP. The man can play. 

At no point during the 2018-2019 season, did Donovan Mitchell "outplay" Giannis Antetokounmpo. No matter what ridiculously arbitrary sample size you want to use, he couldn't hold Giannis's jockstrap.

I'll even use your 44 game sample size.

Giannis's last 44 games: 28.3 points, 12.2 rebounds, 5.8 assists, 1.7 blocks, 1.3 steals, 3.3 turnovers on 57.1/31.7/74.8
Mitchell's last 44 games: 26.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 0.5 blocks, 1.1 steals, 2.9 turnovers on 44.6/41.4/81.5

Have fun in LaLa Land.