NBA Summer League 2019

11sanchez11

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't deny this. That's not enough to be elite though. That's the my point. You need one of the four things I mentioned. Good tools aren't enough if you don't have the first two, you need elite tools. That's my point. I expect him to do well this year. He's a good player. He'll likely be great. I don't envision a scenario where he becomes elite.

Tatum can be an elite ISO scorer. He’s an inch taller than Kawhi and his wingspan is 3 inches shorter I believe. Similar levels of athleticism. If you think 3 inches of wingspan is what’s keeping Tatum from having top 10 player upside... 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Any player could "breakout" this year. And Tatum/Brown are not All-Star level players, to be an All-Star level guy that means you're one of the top 25 players in the NBA. Marcus Smart is trash and so are most of the other picks Ainge has made recently. 

Give me a list of your top GMs.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Tatum can be an elite ISO scorer. He’s an inch taller than Kawhi and his wingspan is 3 inches shorter I believe. Similar levels of athleticism. If you think 3 inches of wingspan is what’s keeping Tatum from having top 10 player upside... 🤷‍♀️

1) 3 inches of wingspan is legitimately massive and that's not even debatable 2) I think he won't be an elite iso-scorer because currently he is a terrible one. You don't often see terrible to elite jumps. If you want to defer until the end of next season I'm happy to oblige.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Grant Williams is tough and physical, Grayson Allen is not and did not like the physical play.  So you want to talk about the NBA being soft, which it is compared to 20 years ago no question.  Well Allen is the soft one if that little contact got him upset that much, and his track list of dirty plays is longer than probably any player in recent memory.  He has no leg to stand on in terms of who is the dirty player, which is oddly what he wants out of his opponents based on his soccer kicks at their legs.

How much money you want to bet on Tatum or Brown never becoming an All Star in the NBA?  Tatum will be in his 3rd year, Brown his 4th and you already want to write off their career as never being an All Star game over the up coming 10-14 years?

He's tough because he bear hugs opposing players when setting "screens"? That was a dirty play and Grayson legitimately just moved away to free himself from Grant's grip. And he clearly made a swipe at the ball on the 2nd play, he blocked the shot and you can see Grant lose control of the ball on the way up. Grant isn't ready for NBA physicality if Grayson Allen is punking on him in the summer league. The Celtics love to draft mentally weak players as we saw last season. 

You said that they're All-Star level players now not in the next 10-14 years. Tatum will likely be an All-Star player in the future but I don't think Brown ever will be. 

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

1) 3 inches of wingspan is legitimately massive and that's not even debatable 2) I think he won't be an elite iso-scorer because currently he is a terrible one. You don't often see terrible to elite jumps. If you want to defer until the end of next season I'm happy to oblige.

So we’re ignoring his rookie year where he was really good there? And ignoring the playoff run where he was the guy and closed out games and showed he could do everything you’re denying he can do?

Ill see ya a few months into next season my guy. I’ve made my points, you’ve made yours. I feel far to many people are legitimately ignoring his first season and focusing on this past year that was an absolute mess all the way around.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

So we’re ignoring his rookie year where he was really good there? And ignoring the playoff run where he was the guy and closed out games and showed he could do everything you’re denying he can do?

Ill see ya a few months into next season my guy. I’ve made my points, you’ve made yours. I feel far to many people are legitimately ignoring his first season and focusing on this past year that was an absolute mess all the way around.

Jayson Tatum as an isolation scorer in 2017-18 averaged 0.82 PPP. That's atrocious.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Jayson Tatum as an isolation scorer in 2017-18 averaged 0.82 PPP. That's atrocious.

Sorry I should’ve said playoffs. He was in the .90 range I believe as a rookie in the playoffs. That’s the only time he’s been “the guy”. 

Again, this upcoming season is his true test. He’s going to be a top 2 guy on the Celtics, him and Kemba will be “the guys” or at least I hope so. If he doesn’t take a step this season I’ll be concerned. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

You literally just linked Boston Sports people asking if a Boston Sports guy has a top 10 ceiling. Real credible.

I'm driving right now but what's incredible is if you only think Boston reporters are calling Tatum a potential top-10 player it's all over the NBA just can't link while driving

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I'm driving right now but what's incredible is if you only think Boston reporters are calling Tatum a potential top-10 player it's all over the NBA just can't link while driving

If I'm so crazy then it should be easy to prove me wrong.

48 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If I'm so crazy then it should be easy to prove me wrong.

I'm driving so I am not posting a link but ESPN has him ranked number eight amongst 25 year olds and younger that list includes Giannis and Anthony Davis by the way, so if Jayson Tatum is 8 amongst 25 and under certainly the older guys will get older and retire and his game potentially increases. So at the minimum ESPN is at least saying his ceiling is a top-10 player 8 amongst

18 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I'm driving so I am not posting a link but ESPN has him ranked number eight amongst 25 year olds and younger that list includes Giannis and Anthony Davis by the way, so if Jayson Tatum is 8 amongst 25 and under certainly the older guys will get older and retire and his game potentially increases. So at the minimum ESPN is at least saying his ceiling is a top-10 player 8 amongst

That's not how it works. You're better off giving up on this.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, kind of but not really. He’s giving examples of how this forums opinion on Tatum doesn’t line up with how the league sees him. 

Unlikely. The forum seems to think he's going to be All Star level+ which is reasonable. I highly doubt many around the league see him as a future elite at this point.

Edited by Bullet Club

16 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Unlikely. The forum seems to think he's going to be All Star level+ which is reasonable. I highly doubt many around the league see him as a future elite at this point.

And why do you doubt that? Because fans on a forum make knee jerk reactions? 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

And why do you doubt that? Because fans on a forum make knee jerk reactions? 

Because there is no evidence suggesting overwise. The Pelicans valuing him above Brandon Ingram doesn't mean they view him as a future superstar.