NBA News & Notes

Leader

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The only thing that got leaked CORRECTLY was Magic's discussion with him, when he essentially talked about it on air.  How long did we hear about how Kawhi was only meeting with Magic and Jeanie Buss?  And after the fact it was reported that Pelinka was INDEED part of the pitch.

Jeanie Buss' nephew who has regularly leaked stuff via Reddit posted on Twitter that Kawhi to LAL was a done deal like 3 days before he announced his decision. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jeanie Buss' nephew who has regularly leaked stuff via Reddit posted on Twitter that Kawhi to LAL was a done deal like 3 days before he announced his decision. 

where did you read that he was Jeanie's nephew?

Edited by 49er pride

21 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Okay, the meeting still got leaked. Kawhi having LAL as his favorite got leaked. Him being a “lock” to LAL got leaked.

The Lakers were leaking stuff. I also believe nothing that gets leaked after decisions are made, organizations try to save face. Like Tatum not being included in AD negotiations, that’s bologna.

Again, no.  We had a rough idea of when the Clippers' meeting occurred, but the details were quiet.  The Raptors meeting became a MAJOR ordeal.  I believe a poster on another Basketball forum actually was live tweeting seeing Masai Ujiri in a hotel, and it blew into a whole thing.  We didn't even know who exactly was in the meeting with Kawhi Leonard.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Again, no.  We had a rough idea of when the Clippers' meeting occurred, but the details were quiet.  The Raptors meeting became a MAJOR ordeal.  I believe a poster on another Basketball forum actually was live tweeting seeing Masai Ujiri in a hotel, and it blew into a whole thing.  We didn't even know who exactly was in the meeting with Kawhi Leonard.

Whatever you say pal

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

We do have info from confirmed legit sources that Kawhi never considered signing with the Lakers. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

what were his other "definite choices"..

I'm sure that he could've signed with any shoe company. The money likely would've been pretty similar from any company. I'm just not a fan of Jordan Brand's recent sneakers.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We do have info from confirmed legit sources that Kawhi never considered signing with the Lakers. 

You even said it yourself that you didn't think Kawhi was signing with the Clippers without another star.  After Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, Jimmy Butler, etc. all said no, he had to get Paul George to ask for a trade to the Clippers.  Let's stop pretending like the Lakers were completely off the table.