NBA News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This isn't news or notes, but not sure where to post hypothetical ideas.

I think Portland should make an offer for Love. Whiteside, Gary Trent Jr., 2020 1st (lottery protected), and a 2022 2nd.

They absolutely should. Portland has been the rumored team for Love for like three years now lol.

Portland needs a guy off the pick and roll/pop that can make plays and Love can do that. Nurkic will miss part of the season I believe so they need Love's play making and shot making. But I don't know if the Cavs trade him before the season. Maybe during the deadline if at all. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They absolutely should. Portland has been the rumored team for Love for like three years now lol.

Portland needs a guy off the pick and roll/pop that can make plays and Love can do that. Nurkic will miss part of the season I believe so they need Love's play making and shot making. But I don't know if the Cavs trade him before the season. Maybe during the deadline if at all. 

True. It'd take a big offer for them to say yes, and Portland would probably have to offer Collins for them to consider a trade now.

• Like 1

“I truly believe that when Magic started telling the media about the meeting he had with Kawhi and Dennis, that sealed the fate of the Lakers,” a person involved in the process told The Athletic. “I think that right there was when Dennis and Kawhi decided we can’t trust the Lakers as an organization. And that was it. I think that was it for them.”

via The Athletics

LAL LOL

• Like 1

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

“I truly believe that when Magic started telling the media about the meeting he had with Kawhi and Dennis, that sealed the fate of the Lakers,” a person involved in the process told The Athletic. “I think that right there was when Dennis and Kawhi decided we can’t trust the Lakers as an organization. And that was it. I think that was it for them.”

via The Athletics

LAL LOL

Ah yes, the anonymous sources.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Ah yes, the anonymous sources.

Ah yes, the Lakers fan denial. The whole article talks about how clear Kawhi made it he wanted silence on all fronts...and the Lakers constantly leaked stuff. It was already common knowledge it hurt the Lakers, this is just kind of the confirmation.

• Like 1

Ah yes, the Lakers fan denial. The whole article talks about how clear Kawhi made it he wanted silence on all fronts...and the Lakers constantly leaked stuff. It was already common knowledge it hurt the Lakers, this is just kind of the confirmation.

Kawhi asked for a meeting with Magic Johnson...Magic Johnson was no longer a Lakers' employee.  Even you can't ignore those facts.

I don’t see how that has anything to do with Magic and the Lakers leaking everything.

facepalm.gif

Things stopped getting leaked AFTER Magic Johnson left the organization.  Nobody knew about the Danny Green signing until after it was announced by Woj (I believe).  Nobody knew exactly when Anthony Davis was going to get dealt, and it wasn't nearly as publicized as it was at the deadline when it was abundantly clear that Dell Demps sabotaged those discussions.  The notion that the Lakers are this boat with a bunch of holes is laughable.

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

facepalm.gif

Things stopped getting leaked AFTER Magic Johnson left the organization.  Nobody knew about the Danny Green signing until after it was announced by Woj (I believe).  Nobody knew exactly when Anthony Davis was going to get dealt, and it wasn't nearly as publicized as it was at the deadline when it was abundantly clear that Dell Demps sabotaged those discussions.  The notion that the Lakers are this boat with a bunch of holes is laughable.

Uh Kawhi stuff was getting leaked left and right...

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Uh Kawhi stuff was getting leaked left and right...

The only thing that got leaked CORRECTLY was Magic's discussion with him, when he essentially talked about it on air.  How long did we hear about how Kawhi was only meeting with Magic and Jeanie Buss?  And after the fact it was reported that Pelinka was INDEED part of the pitch.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The only thing that got leaked CORRECTLY was Magic's discussion with him, when he essentially talked about it on air.  How long did we hear about how Kawhi was only meeting with Magic and Jeanie Buss?  And after the fact it was reported that Pelinka was INDEED part of the pitch.

Okay, the meeting still got leaked. Kawhi having LAL as his favorite got leaked. Him being a “lock” to LAL got leaked.

The Lakers were leaking stuff. I also believe nothing that gets leaked after decisions are made, organizations try to save face. Like Tatum not being included in AD negotiations, that’s bologna.

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

No, it's pretty clear that Kawhi had been working behind the scenes to leverage another superstar to join him on the Clippers. If PG didn't, I think Kawhi ends up on the Lakers.

In the end, that "report" has little truth to it, based on what we've seen unfold with Kawhi and PG landing on the Clippers. You cannot honestly tell me Kawhi wasn't working that angle until that "leaked"

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

via The Athletics

LAL LOL

I don't think so.  I think Kawhi already had his mind made up regarding the Clippers IF they could get another superstar.  Obviously, they might not have been able to do so, thus, the Lakers were still on the table.