Sammie Coates traded to Browns

wackywabbit

Let's stick to football. Cut out the personal attacks and bickering. 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/163-additional-guidelines-for-posting-in-the-nfl-news-forum/

Keep replies on topic. Reply with your opinion on how the news affects the player or team. Don’t reply with your general opinion on said player or team. For example, if the Cowboys make a trade, a quality response would be ‘this is a bad trade for the Cowboys because….’ A poor reply would be ‘I hate the Cowboys’.

7 hours ago, scoobz said:

A WR who couldn't take a hold of the #2 job in PIT with a good QB.  I don't see it really working out in CLE with nobody throwing the ball.

He spent half the year playing with two broken fingers on his left hand and the webbing between his thumb and pointer finger on his right hand had about 10 stitches in it.

And our brilliant coaches kept playing him on special teams.

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why? Seems like a much harder position to learn. 

That doesn't add up with popular knowledge that the receiving positions are some of the harder to transition to the NFL (route tree intrincacies) and the fact of a lot of highly rated WR recruits tends to be converted to CB way more often than the opposite. Specially for zone type of coverages. See Sherman who translates the best his WR background to his CB zone cover play.

This Coates trade is going to bite in the butt. Nothing to do with return of picks, so on and so forth...just seeing what Coates is capable of, less than a year ago, and then we trade him in favor of keeping Eli Rogers and DHB??  Makes no sense, to me.  Same with Cockrell trade to Giants..., but at least the Giants aren't a Division Rival.

I agree, Brownies bent us over on this trade, looking at the trade from the perspective in this moment in time. Just hoping Haden ends up being the 'bigger' factor between the 2; considering the groin injuries that has slowed him down for 2 years + the Neck are behind him, I'm hoping for a resurgence of 2014 Haden. 

Archived