Team Needs

Ghostnote

Well I think there are some caveats to this as there are young players we still don’t know about that are currently on the roster.  For example, QB, the team just drafted Drew Lock and while he’s an unknown, he is the QB of the future so I wouldn’t consider it a “need” in that sense right now.

As for Denver’s current roster this season and where there are questions not only this year but moving forward I would list them like this.

1. ILB- Davis/Jewell is solid on run downs. Davis has shown he isn’t a pass down LB and Jewell while better isn’t much more than average.  NFL defenses have to have at least 1 capable cover LB and the jury is still out if that’s on the roster.

2. DB- I actually like what Denver has done at DB this offseason, but the depth is questionable.  You have to be able to cover in today’s NFL and Denver’s depth/future is questionable.

3. IOL/DL- Much like #2, I like what Denver has done this year, but the future of these 2 units needs depth/talent.  

4. WR- I am in the camp of not paying or over drafting a WR unless it’s truly a special/HoF type talent.  It’s just so dependent on other factors.  However, Denver’s receiving weapons are minimal.  I like both Sutton/Hamilton, but overall the weapons on the outside leave a lot to be desired.  Sanders, one of my all time favorite Broncos is 32 and coming off a torn achilles.  The talent at WR is among the worst in the NFL.

3 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Mike Daniels released, he a fit here provided he’s healthy?

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't see it money wise this team only has 3 million left in cap. That foot injury has to be a bigger deal .

Plus Daniels says he wants to go to a contender.   We seem to be on the right track but no one outside DEN would think we come close to that right now.   Of course if we offered more than anyone else it could sway him but that’s never Elway’s MO to set the market.  

Edited by Broncofan