Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

Just now, CWood21 said:

Pretty sure it got leaked that the Broncos tried to trade for him, but they wanted him to take a paycut from his $12M to $7M and Kap refused.  There was an unconfirmed rumor that he wanted $20M to play for the AAF.

ok but that was BEFORE the second wave of media frenzy and the collusion case was settled, etc.

tbh, it's in the NFL's best interest for there to be a confirmed minimum salary offer to Colin Kap.  If he declines, he looks petty.  If he accepts, the situation probably blows over faster.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

is there even any proof of this?  Or just a talking point that people want to be true

I thought the Ravens made the offer. Or maybe it was a different team and the Ravens were the one where his girlfriend posted the nasty **** about Ray Lewis and the owner. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Brett Hundley in his 2ND year with Mike McCarthy in the league had a 0.02 higher ANY/A than DeShone Kizer did in a rookie year with Hue Jackson.  Get out of here.

still his first real action.  Kizer is just irreparably broken.  He's not backup material because he's unreliable.  He's starter or bust, and I think he busted.

Hundley can become drew stanton, Kizer will never become that.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

ok but that was BEFORE the second wave of media frenzy and the collusion case was settled, etc.

tbh, it's in the NFL's best interest for there to be a confirmed minimum salary offer to Colin Kap.  If he declines, he looks petty.  If he accepts, the situation probably blows over faster.

If you're the NFL, why even bring it up at this point? Story is over. Sounds like in the settlement there was an agreement for Kaepernick to stop bringing it up. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I thought the Ravens made the offer. Or maybe it was a different team and the Ravens were the one where his girlfriend posted the nasty **** about Ray Lewis and the owner. 

the ravens definitely worked him out and considered it, but they never offered him a contract.  If they did, they would surely have publicized it and his case that he has been denied work would have zero merit.

So...you're telling me that you don't believe for a second that a SINGLE team hasn't had even initial contract discussions for a player?  It doesn't behoove anyone to leak that he turned down a minimum contract.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Randall didn't play Safety here because we needed CBs, because ours kept dying. Of course he was going to get tried at CB first, that's what happens when guys show any amount of CB ability. He played Safety/Nickel in college. It was a pretty common point of discussion on this board moving him to Safety. We just never had the guys at CB to do it. 

I know and understand all of this. Read my recent comment. STILL there were never ANY serious discussions - NONE - of a DR future at Safety.  

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you're the NFL, why even bring it up at this point? Story is over. Sounds like in the settlement there was an agreement for Kaepernick to stop bringing it up. 

because he's not, and that wasn't the terms of the settlement.  The only terms appear to be that they depositions from owners were sealed.

Reid and Kap are bringing it up anew with the Jay-Z deal being announced, and the NFL and Jay-Z are getting crucified all over again.

still his first real action.  Kizer is just irreparably broken.  He's not backup material because he's unreliable.  He's starter or bust, and I think he busted.

Hundley can become drew stanton, Kizer will never become that.

And you're basing that off of what?  What exactly has Brett Hundley did that gives you even the slightest bit of faith?  Kizer is in I believe his 5th different offense in 5 years.  Brett Hundley has been in 3 in his entire 5 year career.

the ravens definitely worked him out and considered it, but they never offered him a contract.  If they did, they would surely have publicized it and his case that he has been denied work would have zero merit.

Things were ready to happen right up until Kaep's girl posted the shot of Lewis and the owner. Not like she would have been involved in the actual discussions. That sentiment came from Kaepernick himself. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

So...you're telling me that you don't believe for a second that a SINGLE team hasn't had even initial contract discussions for a player?  It doesn't behoove anyone to leak that he turned down a minimum contract.

No, I don't believe it otherwise a google search of kapernick contract offer and decline would be out there, wouldn't it?

Even when a player who is a pending FA signs with another team, it always comes out that the original team offered him a low-ball deal, or they didnt' even bother to offer him anything, etc.

Really hard to believe that he got a contract offer and declined it.  It would totally submarine his case in the collusion settlement and in his current talking points.

because he's not, and that wasn't the terms of the settlement.  The only terms appear to be that they depositions from owners were sealed.

Reid and Kap are bringing it up anew with the Jay-Z deal being announced, and the NFL and Jay-Z are getting crucified all over again.

I thought Kaepernick was keeping it about Jay-Z rather than the NFL and disclosure of any deals. But you're probably right. I'm not really following it. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Things were ready to happen right up until Kaep's girl posted the shot of Lewis and the owner. Not like she would have been involved in the actual discussions. That sentiment came from Kaepernick himself. 

ok, but whatever the circumstances, nobody offered him a deal.  What was this in reference to?  The Ray lewis murder thing?  I missed this whole saga I guess

No, I don't believe it otherwise a google search of kapernick contract offer and decline would be out there, wouldn't it?

Even when a player who is a pending FA signs with another team, it always comes out that the original team offered him a low-ball deal, or they didnt' even bother to offer him anything, etc.

Really hard to believe that he got a contract offer and declined it.  It would totally submarine his case in the collusion settlement and in his current talking points.

Not really. If it came out that in the first few days, some team offered him a super low ball deal, that wouldn't sink his case. 

ok, but whatever the circumstances, nobody offered him a deal.  What was this in reference to?  The Ray lewis murder thing?  I missed this whole saga I guess

View image on Twitter

You can see how that would not go over well with an owner trying to make something happen. 

Archived