Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I thought Kaepernick was keeping it about Jay-Z rather than the NFL and disclosure of any deals. But you're probably right. I'm not really following it. 

yeah he's out there posting videos on social about being denied work, and 3 years running , and so on

And Reid is really slamming Jay-Z for being a turncoat in the cause.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

No, I don't believe it otherwise a google search of kapernick contract offer and decline would be out there, wouldn't it?

Even when a player who is a pending FA signs with another team, it always comes out that the original team offered him a low-ball deal, or they didnt' even bother to offer him anything, etc.

Really hard to believe that he got a contract offer and declined it.  It would totally submarine his case in the collusion settlement and in his current talking points.

Baltimore was literally negotiating with him last year I believe before his girlfriend spouted off, and completely killed the deal.  I'm saying if he was worth the money he was looking for (and was good enough), he'd have gotten a contract offer.  So unless you truly believe the NFL has black balled him from the NFL, the money hasn't been there for him to sign on the dotted line.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah he's out there posting videos on social about being denied work, and 3 years running , and so on

And Reid is really slamming Jay-Z for being a turncoat in the cause.

I mean, Jay-Z is a turncoat and the scum of the earth. 

The dude grew up on it selling crack to kids. I don't know why anybody is now expecting him to be some paragon of virtue and honesty. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Baltimore was literally negotiating with him last year I believe before his girlfriend spouted off, and completely killed the deal.  I'm saying if he was worth the money he was looking for (and was good enough), he'd have gotten a contract offer.  So unless you truly believe the NFL has black balled him from the NFL, the money hasn't been there for him to sign on the dotted line.

I mean, there's a 70+ million dollar settlement that does indicate the NFL was going out of it's way to blackball Kaepernick, and based on the condition of the settlement being all documents remaining closed, we can figure there was probably some pretty egregious **** said in private communications. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I mean, there's a 70+ million dollar settlement that does indicate the NFL was going out of it's way to blackball Kaepernick, and based on the condition of the settlement being all documents remaining closed, we can figure there was probably some pretty egregious **** said in private communications. 

I mean, possibly but how much of that was the NFL just saying "F it" and saying it's not worth the legal expenses?  I can't imagine the retainer fees for the legal team for the NFL comes cheaply.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, possibly but how much of that was the NFL just saying "F it" and saying it's not worth the legal expenses?  I can't imagine the retainer fees for the legal team for the NFL comes cheaply.

Not a chance you're selling me on that.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You can see how that would not go over well with an owner trying to make something happen. 

yeah ofc.  I think it's entirely possible that he's better served as a martyr and that's a better career path for him.  But I also think he's a good enough player who would run an effective offense based around his running skills as a backup.

Whatever torpedoed the ravens deal... is whatever.  The guy ran for 250 yards against us and had one of his best rushing years in 2016 before he was benched on a piss poor team.

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

IMHO you're being a bit hard on Kap. Having grown up in the 60's I have no problem protesting police brutality when it's happened, and it's happened. Kap's mistake was choosing a protest method (kneeling) that distracted from the issue he was protesting. Then the protest became the issue, instead of police brutality. It's a common error protesters make. I'm sure you're not FOR police brutality. But you've been distracted by the form of protest. I would have no problem with Kap as backup QB, so long as he is willing to accept the role and salary. And he would be smart to develop a new approach to fighting police brutality, like helping communities create citizen review boards to review complaints against police actions. 

Forgive me fuss but his protest got cops shot, he wore pig socks, a castro shirt and when the time came to vote he was to busy hmmm protesting. The manner in which he protested and his ignorance is the issue. Jenkins in Philly has done more good and more work than this clown has ever done. It's not worth the long argument and such he is getting exactly what he deserves.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

yeah ofc.  I think it's entirely possible that he's better served as a martyr and that's a better career path for him.  But I also think he's a good enough player who would run an effective offense based around his running skills as a backup.

I don't have any doubt. I think it's pretty apparent he's a top 50 QB talent around.

But why the hell would you want to if you were Kaepernick? He's making just as much if not more money without putting himself on the line for an injury. He's got at least a few more years of milking this thing before people re bored of it and he'll probably spin it into something else after that. He would probably be retired at that point.

I think the NFL is just as happy appealing to that subset of fans who are glad to have the ungrateful Kaepernick out of the league.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So unless you truly believe the NFL has black balled him from the NFL

yeah, that's pretty much what happened.

I don't understand the baltimore thing and all the pieces in play, but the reality is there wasn't a contract offered.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think the NFL is just as happy appealing to that subset of fans who are glad to have the ungrateful Kaepernick out of the league.

I guess that's fine and all.  My preference would be to bring him in and just put the ball in his court.  Either you want a job or you don't.  I think he would play.  Dramatically increases his platform.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Saved us from watching Randall suck here so I guess we broke even.

I don't know.

Randall played well last year. 4 Picks. 9 PBUs

I wish I could give you Kizer's Turnover/TD ratio from last year, but I can't divide by zero. Almost 3:1 as a rook though, which is a truly amazing record of futility. 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I guess that's fine and all.  My preference would be to bring him in and just put the ball in his court.  Either you want a job or you don't.  I think he would play.  Dramatically increases his platform.

His platform doesn't revolve around football anymore. That's not his base. 

Archived