Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

9 hours ago, Donzo said:

No, Pettine doesn't know what he's talking about... Adams is "trash". 

Has Adams proven otherwise in the first two years of his career? You are taking coach speak about a player a few days into training camp compared to what we have seen for two years. I get that Adams was a 3rd round pick with good athletic ability but how people view him seems more like your imagination than any tangible evidence. All I have seen is a guy who can eat some blocks and basically stalemate at the line of scrimmage or get pushed back. I have seen basically no ability to get off blocks consistently, penetrate, or disrupt a play in the backfield which is pretty important. 

I want Adams to do well and like hearing things about him improving. I would argue him having a good year might be the most important thing to our defense besides Kevin King staying healthy. It is definitely possible he makes a huge jump in his third year and plays well but none of us have seen any evidence on the field yet that disproves that he isn’t very good. Let’s hope that changes. 

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think Daniels took a rep. They put him on the table, did the eval, had him sign he agreed he was healthy, and then sent him right up to Gute to deliver the news.

Weren't the Packers named after a meat packing/processing plant (?) or something like that?

20 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Has Adams proven otherwise in the first two years of his career? You are taking coach speak about a player a few days into training camp compared to what we have seen for two years. I get that Adams was a 3rd round pick with good athletic ability but how people view him seems more like your imagination than any tangible evidence. All I have seen is a guy who can eat some blocks and basically stalemate at the line of scrimmage or get pushed back. I have seen basically no ability to get off blocks consistently, penetrate, or disrupt a play in the backfield which is pretty important. 

I want Adams to do well and like hearing things about him improving. I would argue him having a good year might be the most important thing to our defense besides Kevin King staying healthy. It is definitely possible he makes a huge jump in his third year and plays well but none of us have seen any evidence on the field yet that disproves that he isn’t very good. Let’s hope that changes. 

I think it has very little to do with how this training camp is going for M Adams and much moreso with the evaluation on how M Adams played at the end of the year when he saw extensive playing time with the preferred starters out. M Adams played three really solid games to close out the year and was showing some of that potential on the field that triggered his selection in the draft. He is one of those guys you hope had the breakthrough "ah ha" moment and is ready to ball moving forward- a good early candidate for the "break out" player if there ever was one. Have to see if he carries that momentum from the end of last season into this year and stays healthy.

It’s a combination. Montravius played well last year to finish out the season. It helped him get over a mental hurdle so now he knows he can be a pro and that motivated him to work harder than ever before. Now he’s in top shape, has the technique and scheme down, has some experience and is ready to roll. 

I don’t buy the Oren Burks coach speak. But I dig into context so I’m selective in what I buy into, and I do buy this coach speak. 

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

At practice. Josh Jackson and Savage still out...

I'm no dentist, nor can I judge any other mans pain tolerance, but I did had my wisdom teeth out unexpectedly.  Timing couldn't be worse for it to happen for Savage, but throwing a mouthguard in and going full speed in pads is a guarantee that thing isn't going to heal properly any time soon. Wouldn't be surprised to see him out for another couple of days.

Aaron Nagler:  Sweet throw from Kizer on an over route to Moore off play action in team work. Coverage was good, just great placement. Nice catch and run from Moore.

Tom Silverstein:  In 1 on 1 pass rush, Za’Dariis Smith with two really impressive rushes against Bakhtiati. Explosive off the line.

Ryan Wood: The early legend of Rashan Gary grows. He beat David Bakhtiari not once, but twice in one-on-one drills. Bakhtiari didn’t even touch Gary on an up-and-in move. You simply don’t see anyone do that to Bakhtiari. Very impressive.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler:  Sweet throw from Kizer on an over route to Moore off play action in team work. Coverage was good, just great placement. Nice catch and run from Moore.

Tom Silverstein:  In 1 on 1 pass rush, Za’Dariis Smith with two really impressive rushes against Bakhtiati. Explosive off the line.

Ryan Wood: The early legend of Rashan Gary grows. He beat David Bakhtiari not once, but twice in one-on-one drills. Bakhtiari didn’t even touch Gary on an up-and-in move. You simply don’t see anyone do that to Bakhtiari. Very impressive.

Football gods, pleaseeeeease, let this translate to game play. Pleeeeease.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Ryan Wood quote was meant to be Z Smith beating Bakh not Gary...He deleted that one and reposted with Z Smith.

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

The Ryan Wood quote was meant to be Z Smith beating Bakh not Gary...He deleted that one and reposted with Z Smith.

Well hell...that screws it all up. Thought it good that I had three separate takes about three separate players....now I'm bummed :(

Archived