Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why would Adams be in your pressure package with this roster?

Who else is playing inside on pressure package? 

Z Smith // Adams // Gary // P Smith

Fackrell? Martinez?

5 or 6 DBs

Clark will definitely play some nickel snaps, but Adams should be a clear favorite for interior pass-rush snaps.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Who else is playing inside on pressure package? 

Z Smith // Adams // Gary // P Smith

Fackrell? Martinez?

5 or 6 DBs

Clark will definitely play some nickel snaps, but Adams should be a clear favorite for interior pass-rush snaps.

Z-Smith and Gary are the two most obvious choices for 3-tech rushers on this roster since Datone Jones/Mike Neal.

P Smith/Z/Gary/Fackrell

Martinez

is a kickass nickel pressure package front group, and that's assuming we're not playing in the dime. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Z-Smith and Gary are the two most obvious choices for 3-tech rushers on this roster since Datone Jones/Mike Neal.

P Smith/Z/Gary/Fackrell

Martinez

is a kickass nickel pressure package front group, and that's assuming we're not playing in the dime. 

Might depend on the IOL matchups. Those more susceptible to mass vs speed that dictates where Z Smith plays in rush packages.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We will see.

Out of curiosity, what is it you see from Adams that makes you think he'll be a better rusher than Fackrell?  Fackrell has more 1v1 wins vs Duane Brown and Andrew Whitworth than Adams does career sacks.  If you have Z, Gary and Preston on the field, why would you need yet another power rusher?  I guess I just don't see at all the situation where that's the set-up.  I can theoretically see replacing Gary with Adams if Gary doesn't show much this year (which already seems very unlikely), but outside of that I just can't see why you'd take Adams over the other options.

31 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Out of curiosity, what is it you see from Adams that makes you think he'll be a better rusher than Fackrell?  Fackrell has more 1v1 wins vs Duane Brown and Andrew Whitworth than Adams does career sacks.  If you have Z, Gary and Preston on the field, why would you need yet another power rusher?  I guess I just don't see at all the situation where that's the set-up.  I can theoretically see replacing Gary with Adams if Gary doesn't show much this year (which already seems very unlikely), but outside of that I just can't see why you'd take Adams over the other options.

It's the match-up I'm talking about:

How many snaps this season would Adams have a bigger lean over the guy in front of him than Fackrell would over the guy in front of HIM?

30 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's the match-up I'm talking about:

How many snaps this season would Adams have a bigger lean over the guy in front of him than Fackrell would over the guy in front of HIM?

How do we know he would? Not all the guards/centers we face are gonna be scrubs, not all tackles are gonna be all pros. Besides, right now, you take the guy that has proven hes a better rusher, put the best 4 out there on 3rd down passing situations. Adam's may be improved, but theres little on his resume thus far to come to this conclusion that he has the advantage more often than not compared to Fackrell. If anything it's harder to rush from the interior.

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Run down plays. In the backfield.

When Adams is playing the RDE and the ball gets run to the offense's right in a zone look and everyone has to play horizontally down the line except for the backside DE who is usually unblocked. Adams isn't going to be doing any covering this year. If you could count on two hands the number of times that we dropped a DL into coverage last year, I wouldn't be surprised.

More importantly:

Why would Adams be in your pressure package with this roster?

Why are you worried about running down plays in the pressure package? 

On first down (not pressure or 3rd down) 

(Gary or Z)/Martinez/Preston

Lowry/Clark/Adams

They are going to have all sorts of packages, same way you saw BJ Raji drop into coverage once in a while. But the point is, one more thing they’re going to be able to do now that they have two 5ts with conditioning and enough speed is they can move Gary or Z inside sometimes as a surprise. And the ground on the edge will not be a free target because the two 5ts can run. It’s one more thing Pettine can do because of the versatility up front. 

This isn’t an essay describing the one and only type of play pettine will run. This is one passing thought describing one more option he has, especially when there is a slug of an OG that Pettine thinks he can bully with Z or Gary. This is one option in some matchups added the arsenal. And I EXPECT to see it. 

For us to describe every type of play Pettine would run through the season, it would look like the whole playbook x 10 because we would need words to describe every responsibility and how each player moving position affects it. It might be helpful if we start looking at ideas for some plays as just ideas for some plays instead of summaries of the entire playbook. It will help you guys calm down and better enjoy bouncing around ideas. 

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

2. RB -- Jones and you can tell he put in the work on his body in the off-season. Negative is....once again, he's currently out with "hamstring tightness," the same problem that sidelined him for a while last TC. 

If only there were something called "yoga." 

Archived