Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

People get way too high and way too low in camp/preseason.  Keep in mind that this is still practice; these guys are supposed to be working on things.  King said it best last year: 

“There’s time to work on your craft. You’re with your team, you’re out there. I might try to do a brand-new thing against Davante [Adams]. He’s one of the top three, top five receivers in the league. It may not work, but on film, it’s like, ‘Damn, Kevin King cannot guard Davante Adams.’ But you (the public) don’t know what I was doing. You see these clips, they don’t tell the tale of anything. It’s all about getting better. It’s like, what if your notes were published to Twitter every day. It’s not my [final] draft yet. I’m not finished here. Just wait for the finished product.”

These guys are trying to learn new systems, new roles, how to work with new teammates.  They're working on sanding the edges off certain techniques or trying to get down in a game setting something they practiced all off-season.  It's practice.  Following this stuff is just for fun, a reminder that we're headed toward games that matter.  Don't get bent out of shape about how well or how poorly someone is doing, because there's a good chance it'll flip tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Well, for starters, we don't have a designated thread for the Chicago Bears with a bunch of bias quotes, low IQ/unprofessional article links, and ignorant comments from unknowledgable posters. 

Perhaps we should make one though...?

Vikings have this too for us and it's always active. It's so pathetic that it's great.

15 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Well, for starters, we don't have a designated thread for the Chicago Bears with a bunch of bias quotes, low IQ/unprofessional article links, and ignorant comments from unknowledgable posters. 

Perhaps we should make one though...?

Our forum has enough infighting, we don't need to make one about the Bears. We've been on a downward spiral for a few years now

20 hours ago, Leader said:

Food for thought.......
If we'd drafted Hopkins in the 2013 draft.....would we have selected Davante in 2014?  Not likely.

So - we make out (?) or lose out?

There would have been a mutiny if we selected a WR in the first in 2013.  Saying that though it wouldn't have been the first time we took a WR we didn't need at the time with our first pick. 

Not sure if would have effected us taking DA17 in 2014.  The front office obviously felt like they had multiple needs at  WR because they spent a top 100 pick on Monty in 2015.

I like DA a bunch but I don't think there is any argument that Hopkins is a better WR.  Rodgers would have at least one more MVP had the Packers decided Cobb wasn't in their future and instead invested picks into Nuke/ Adams in back to back years.  

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Our forum has enough infighting, we don't need to make one about the Bears. We've been on a downward spiral for a few years now

No where in my post history have I ever stated anything remotely close to the Packer forum/posters being perfect, or highly intellectual as a whole. I made a post specifically about the recent posts in the Packers thread in the Bears subforum. That is it. 

5 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

The reason I brought the Bears one up was because of the most recent posts/links in there. Very cringe worthy. 

That dude starting it comes in here all the time and pretends to be Mr Civility is the one posting the most garbage in there.

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

You sound like a soyboy beta cuck.

Just now, Norm said:
6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

You sound like a soyboy beta cuck.

100% 

5 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

No where in my post history have I ever stated anything remotely close to the Packer forum/posters being perfect, or highly intellectual as a whole. I made a post specifically about the recent posts in the Packers thread in the Bears subforum. That is it. 

The Bears have a separate Packers thread? Geeeeee....talk about possessed. Guess we're in their head and ain't getting out.

Archived