The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, SplashDive said:

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1300516777705836545?s=19

It makes a ton of sense to trade Phelps.  Don't know what our return is from the Phillies but that deal definitely makes sense.

Would love to see Anderson get moved as well.

Never heard of them, but the last time this happened one of the nobodies was named Freddy Peralta and we all crapped on it. So I'm gonna shut up.

Not a lot to go on when you're trading for 19 year olds with no MiLB stats, but this feels slightly better than the Adam Lind - Freddy Peralta trade did at the time.  A bit more FB velocity (92, 94, 95 mph) and a bit more height (6'3", 6'3", 6'0").  The Adam Lind guys were shorter and mostly soft tossers at the time.

17 hours ago, umphrey said:

Not a lot to go on when you're trading for 19 year olds with no MiLB stats, but this feels slightly better than the Adam Lind - Freddy Peralta trade did at the time.  A bit more FB velocity (92, 94, 95 mph) and a bit more height (6'3", 6'3", 6'0").  The Adam Lind guys were shorter and mostly soft tossers at the time.

Seen a few reports since yesterday that say 88-90 for 2 of the 3

I'm over this team. The worst offensive team we've had in ages. It's like they have never seen MLB pitching before. Andy Haines is just straight up terrible as a hitting coach. We should've sold but, no, we're neither hot nor cold. Neither in nor out. We are a treadmill team and that's the worst spot to be in any sport. **** Stearns and his half assed bargain bin approach. **** Attanasio for becoming a tightwad and letting Grandal and Moose walk because of an extra year. Our window is over but at least we got the marketable star for the market to replace Braun...another player we wasted.

Hader is the key, I would hope to get 2 MLB regulars for him. I would listen on Burnes/Woodruff but it seems unlikely, they have a lot of team control anyway. I worry though that an arm injury or loss in velocity for Hader kills a 2021/22 rebuild plan and pushes it years into the future. 

21 hours ago, umphrey said:

Hader is the key, I would hope to get 2 MLB regulars for him. I would listen on Burnes/Woodruff but it seems unlikely, they have a lot of team control anyway. I worry though that an arm injury or loss in velocity for Hader kills a 2021/22 rebuild plan and pushes it years into the future. 

I think if you squint there's more here. We just really need a few average position players. 

Knebel and Cain get the year off and can hopefully come back better because they've finally gotten to rest instead of being injured. Devin Williams is a monster. Knebel/Williams/Hader in whatever order is the same dynamite bullpen blueprint we used last time. If Woodruff and Burnes take that next step forward, that's 2 of the rotation locked down. We just have to find a few regular position players who can get us a boring 2 WAR/pop.