The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

how embarassing

I wasn't really embarrassed.  We all knew it was going to be a daunting task.  It didn't help to be shorthanded in the starting rotation and pen.  But what I found the most disappointing this year was our anemic hitting.  Once in a while they would score points but it would be sadly interesting to see how many times we were shut out.  😟

Just now, titanrick said:

I can't shake the feeling that now is the best time to trade Hader.  As much as I love watching him as a Brewer...

I think the premium relivers tend to get in July combined with Hader's track record means keeping him until the deadline is a pretty safe bet, and if the rest of the team plays well then maybe we're buying.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I wasn't really embarrassed.  We all knew it was going to be a daunting task.  It didn't help to be shorthanded in the starting rotation and pen.  But what I found the most disappointing this year was our anemic hitting.  Once in a while they would score points but it would be sadly interesting to see how many times we were shut out.  😟

Just talking about the baserunner getting picked off like that.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So...the human windmill is gone. 

Yet we keep the guy who is trying to turn our hitters into loggers (swing the lumber baby!!). So it's either Stearns takes accountability for the lack of talent or Haines is bad at his job. I've yet to see either in anything other than GM verbal diarrhea speak. Haines sucks and we're a worse team as long as he's our hitting coach.

I'm really interested to see how we operate this offseason.  Last season resembled someone walking into Goodwill and asking if there was a clearance section.  But the year before that, we showed a significant commitment to winning, signing some big deals for Grandal and Moustakas.  So how much did COVID play a role in our cheapness last season?  Did we suddenly decide we're just going bargain shopping from now on or was that a conscious decision based on the uncertainty of the season in a pandemic (with reduced/no ticket sales)?

I'm hoping this offseason includes more smart, impactful signings and less of the "LoMo / Smoak / Brock Holt / Sogard" variety.