What is your Ideal Draft Position and Why?

JaguarCrazy2832

We are doing our drawing to determine the draft order, when your name is drawn you pick your spot and I want to be prepared in case I get my name picked early.

What do you guys think is the ideal draft spot in a Non-PPR 12 team league? I feel like there are 4 elite level RBs with limited questions. I'm kind of hoping for 3rd or 4th

Assuming I can't get a stud top 4 I like the 8-10 spots so I can land two top 15 players.  Not sure about this year but if I remember there was a drop off last year around 15 or so.  If you can get two of them it's better then being like 5-6 where you miss on a stud and miss on those WR1's early in round two.

Mocks are your friend. Yahoo fantasy app has a very basic, but nice tool for mocking (I'm sure ESPN does too.) In the dozen or so ive done, I've liked the team's ive put together from the 7-10 spot better than ones ive put together from the 1-4 spots. Picking early leaves you looking at Allen, Green, and Theilen as your options for your #1 WR, and none of that really excites me. 

17 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Mocks are your friend. Yahoo fantasy app has a very basic, but nice tool for mocking (I'm sure ESPN does too.) In the dozen or so ive done, I've liked the team's ive put together from the 7-10 spot better than ones ive put together from the 1-4 spots. Picking early leaves you looking at Allen, Green, and Theilen as your options for your #1 WR, and none of that really excites me. 

Do you get a 1st round pick that you're that excited about though? There definitely is a chasm between the Top-4 and the rest. I can see not wanting to be in the middle just because there isn't a major difference in other top-end backs so I can see the value of having a later pick just because you get a strong 2nd round pick too. I'm assuming you prefer 7-10 in a 10 team league?

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do you get a 1st round pick that you're that excited about though? There definitely is a chasm between the Top-4 and the rest. I can see not wanting to be in the middle just because there isn't a major difference in other top-end backs so I can see the value of having a later pick just because you get a strong 2nd round pick too. I'm assuming you prefer 7-10 in a 10 team league?

Yes I'm usually very happy with the options that late. I prefer Adams or Hopkins, but am happy with Thomas or Julio too. I play 10 man leagues, so my mocks are based off that, yes. I feel there's starting RBs to be had in just about every round for the first 6 or 7 rounds or so.

Adams/OBJ/A.Jones/ Lindsay I like better than say Mccaffery/D. Williams/Allen/Lockett. 

1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

Yes I'm usually very happy with the options that late. I prefer Adams or Hopkins, but am happy with Thomas or Julio too. I play 10 man leagues, so my mocks are based off that, yes. I feel there's starting RBs to be had in just about every round for the first 6 or 7 rounds or so.

Adams/OBJ/A.Jones/ Lindsay I like better than say Mccaffery/D. Williams/Allen/Lockett. 

Judging by my projections those 2 groups should average very similar projections and the 2nd team has an earlier pick in the 5th

I'm so used to larger leagues and the fact my friends go so crazy RB heavy that Damien Williams won't last past pick 25

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Judging by my projections those 2 groups should average very similar projections and the 2nd team has an earlier pick in the 5th

I'm so used to larger leagues and the fact my friends go so crazy RB heavy that Damien Williams won't last past pick 25

Size of league and league tendencies do matter in these types of discussions.  

No way I am waiting on a RB in a 14 team league when you need to start 2 of them.  10 team league is vastly different 

I ended up with last pick in a 12 team league but I’ve been liking my mocks so far.

I pick two between Connor, Thomas, JuJu, Julio or ODB at the first turn. My favorite combo is probably JuJu and Thomas. 

Then try to snag a combo of Diggs, Thielan, Mack, or Lindsay at the 2nd turn..

Then Hunter Henry and James White at the 3rd turn. Henry is my #4 tight end and I think James White will continues to be a low RB1/high RB2 again this season. His role doesn’t really change with the pats, regardless of what other back are on the roster. And his splits without Gronk are insane.

Philip Lindsay, James White

JuJu, Thomas, and Diggs

Hunter Henry

thoughts on this strategy?

On 7/27/2019 at 2:02 AM, bigben07MVP said:

I ended up with last pick in a 12 team league but I’ve been liking my mocks so far.

I pick two between Connor, Thomas, JuJu, Julio or ODB at the first turn. My favorite combo is probably JuJu and Thomas. 

Then try to snag a combo of Diggs, Thielan, Mack, or Lindsay at the 2nd turn..

Then Hunter Henry and James White at the 3rd turn. Henry is my #4 tight end and I think James White will continues to be a low RB1/high RB2 again this season. His role doesn’t really change with the pats, regardless of what other back are on the roster. And his splits without Gronk are insane.

Philip Lindsay, James White

JuJu, Thomas, and Diggs

Hunter Henry

thoughts on this strategy?

I'm not sure thats true if what ESPN says about him is true that when Michel and Burkhead were active he wasn't used as much. He is great in a PPR league but much less reliable in a standard league

I don't have a big problem with the strategy as a whole though, I think I might be backed into a corner and forced to go WR-WR too

We did our draft order last night and after the 1st 5 picks were chosen I decided to go with Pick 12, and I'm kind of regretting it

What would you do if the following are gone as I expect them to be:

Barkley, Zeke, Kamara,CMC

Bell, Gordon, Gurley, DJ, Conner Hopkins, Adams 

I know Michael Thomas and Julio Jones are the highest rated guys by ADP, Kelce is an option as well plus Joe Mixon. Those are pretty much my Top-4 options I think.

What would you do? Is taking Kelce at 13 too early? Is passing on him or 1 of Thomas/Julio a mistake to take Mixon a bad idea?

The 3rd round turn is so far away and RBs go so quickly I'm terrified there will be nothing left as I expect these to be taken:

1 QB(Mahomes), maybe even 1-2 more since it is a 6 pt for passing TD league

23-26 RBs taken

10-15 WRs

3 TEs

I know thats more than 35 people, but not by much so I feel like round 3 & 4 will be made up for me

On 7/28/2019 at 5:56 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We did our draft order last night and after the 1st 5 picks were chosen I decided to go with Pick 12, and I'm kind of regretting it

What would you do if the following are gone as I expect them to be:

Barkley, Zeke, Kamara,CMC

Bell, Gordon, Gurley, DJ, Conner Hopkins, Adams 

I know Michael Thomas and Julio Jones are the highest rated guys by ADP, Kelce is an option as well plus Joe Mixon. Those are pretty much my Top-4 options I think.

What would you do? Is taking Kelce at 13 too early? Is passing on him or 1 of Thomas/Julio a mistake to take Mixon a bad idea?

The 3rd round turn is so far away and RBs go so quickly I'm terrified there will be nothing left as I expect these to be taken:

1 QB(Mahomes), maybe even 1-2 more since it is a 6 pt for passing TD league

23-26 RBs taken

10-15 WRs

3 TEs

I know thats more than 35 people, but not by much so I feel like round 3 & 4 will be made up for me

My advice once again is to do half a dozen mocks lol there's going to be more RBs at the 3rd/4th turn than you think

Archived