What is your Ideal Draft Position and Why?

JaguarCrazy2832

On 8/4/2019 at 3:46 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree with this to a point. It really depends on how you feel about the RBs projected in round 3 & 4:

Devonta Freeman

Nick Chubb

Josh Jacobs

Derrick Henry

Marlon Mack 

Kerryon Johnson

Aaron Jones

Damien Williams

James White

Sony Michel

Chris Carson

Phillip Lindsay

Mark Ingram

I think all of these guys are not perfect but everyone has their favorites. Going WR-WR and only liking half the guys on this list to point where you feel comfortable drafting them in round 3/4 is a dangerous strategy just because you might lose out on the guys you want and be forced to either reach or take someone you simply dont believe in

I am good with mostly all of those guys in rounds 3/4/5. basically all of them are productive players and viable weekly starters. Its always better to have depth at RB because they get injured and you can play matchups. I like to have WRs that I basically put them in my lineup and leave them there. WRs get injured less frequently, which means that I usually feel pretty confident that I can find a RB on the wire later in the year as a starter or 5 will go down. 

Thats just my strategy though, it doesnt always work that way

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isnt Bell like a PPR God though? He is SO much better than Cook and Mixon and I’m a Bell hater

He missed a year, reportedly got up to 270 pounds when not playing, major downgrade in offensive line and offense as a whole.  Gase is known to run one of the slowest offenses as far as snaps and pace go as well, so there will just be less opportunity for him to score points. Enough red flags where I don't feel comfortable taking him in the first round. 

On 8/4/2019 at 3:37 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats an interesting set up. I assume you dont want to use specific players because at least 1 person in that league is on this site? 

This site, no.  I don't even think he listens to the same podcasts I do, but I've been in two different leagues with him for the past 5 years and he and I habitually have the exact same taste in sleepers or guys that we think are breakout candidates and that we're willing to reach on.

Order in our money league just came out this morning and I'm picking in the 6-hole, he's in the 7.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:56 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You say that and I've been saying there will be alot less than you think haha

In 1/2-pt or full PPR leagues (or 10-team leagues, but I don't speak of those because that's amateur hour), he may be right.  RB's in the 3rd aren't bad - there are still 2-3 of my Tier 4 RB's left by the mid-3rd.  By the 4th, if I want my choice picks from my 5th tier of RB's (which is typically my cutoff point for my regular start in my "WR/RB" flex spot in one of my leagues) I'm having to sink that pick into that player because they've not been making it back to me with anything remotely close to regularity in mock's I've been running.

• 2 weeks later...

12 team, full PPR.  1 Keeper.  My choice for draft slot is any of 7, 8, 9 or 10. 

I have JuJu  as a keeper for the cost of a 10th round pick.  Other notable keepers:  Kamara, Michael Thomas, James Conner

I am thinking that the top picks go

Barkley, CMC, Elliott, DJ, Bell, Hopkins, Adams.   Next tier is something like: Julio, OBJ, Hill, Gurley, Gordon, Evans, Brown

Thoughts on going 7 or 10?

On 8/6/2019 at 12:33 AM, N4L said:

I am good with mostly all of those guys in rounds 3/4/5. basically all of them are productive players and viable weekly starters. Its always better to have depth at RB because they get injured and you can play matchups. I like to have WRs that I basically put them in my lineup and leave them there. WRs get injured less frequently, which means that I usually feel pretty confident that I can find a RB on the wire later in the year as a starter or 5 will go down. 

Thats just my strategy though, it doesnt always work that way

I think its a good strategy most years and a great one this year because there actually is strong RB talent in round 3-5 so you can go WR-WR and get your RBs then but after round 5, there is a cliff so you gotta get them then.

I plan on doing something similar in my auction league. Get 1 elite level WR or Kelce and then spend on 3 3rd-4th round RBs

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

12 team, full PPR.  1 Keeper.  My choice for draft slot is any of 7, 8, 9 or 10. 

I have JuJu  as a keeper for the cost of a 10th round pick.  Other notable keepers:  Kamara, Michael Thomas, James Conner

I am thinking that the top picks go

Barkley, CMC, Elliott, DJ, Bell, Hopkins, Adams.   Next tier is something like: Julio, OBJ, Hill, Gurley, Gordon, Evans, Brown

Thoughts on going 7 or 10?

I'm thinking going with 7 is preferred assuming you think the difference in 2nd round picks isn't much. I think there is a slight drop off from Adams/Julio to OBJ/Hill so you'd rather have 1 of the 1st pair assuming your 2nd round pick is comparable 

• Like 1