Tight Ends and When to Draft Them?

JaguarCrazy2832

On 8/4/2019 at 1:18 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Geez unless you play in like an 8 man league, you might as well say you aren't getting them at all haha, I know you said unlikely but even that doesn't seems strong enough

too true.

Honestly I'm betting on getting Reed at the bottom of the draft

Take... 

2 of 3.

• Hockenson (Normally wouldn't recommend a rookie, but he's having a standout camp by ALL accounts)
  • Reed 
  • Andrews

Give it 3 weeks and if 1 of the 2 you've drafted hasn't produced...swap that player out for Chris Herndon. 

Boom--- you've got a Top 8 TE in redraft all season for pennies on the dollar--- drafting both of your TEs in the last 3-4 rounds (+ a potential Herndon swap in Week 3). 

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

Ebron's a bonafide regression candidate.  Doyle should eat into his targets - which has been born out by stats before.  And I actually suspect that Funchess (a former college TE) eats into Ebron's RZ looks.  Luck, assuming he plays (I hate it when players say "the goal is to be ready to go by..."), is A LOT more accurate than Cam is.  Which means that you've got those short-of-the-goal-line drag routes that Reich loved calling for a split-wide Gates with the Chargers that were money plays inside the 10.  And I can see the appeal of a similar such situation for Funchess.