Training Camp 2019 news and discussion.

Livewire

3 hours ago, August4th said:

didn't know barron was number 26. was confused on who was on coverage lol is he officially listed as a safety? I thought linebackers couldn't wear numbers in the 20's

It is because he is a vet and was drafted as a safety so he is allowed to keep wearing 26

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Then again, they did get better with the body weight one last year. 

This is true, but I don’t believe those were being reviewed. 

After seeing the Redskins and then the Steelers one last night...it’s scary to think those are the outcomes of a review. 

Im sure they will have much more clarification how to handle the situations as we go on..but I can’t imagine losing a game by 4 and having the Johnson call be upheld. 

The thing that sucks is that we could EASILY get something for Dobbs in a trade, BUT...the fact is teams will know we will cut him if we cant move him.

Hopefully, a team likes Dobbs enough to ensure they get him.   Even if we only get a 7th, Id be okay with that. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

This is true, but I don’t believe those were being reviewed. 

After seeing the Redskins and then the Steelers one last night...it’s scary to think those are the outcomes of a review. 

Im sure they will have much more clarification how to handle the situations as we go on..but I can’t imagine losing a game by 4 and having the Johnson call be upheld. 

Check out the Rams-Cowboys one. Clearly OPI that was a no call and changed to DPI. 

39 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Ew. Yuck. I’m not super excited. 

Yea.  I think they need to do a lot to clean up this ruling.  I've heard "penalty in question wasn't in frame" (Skins v Bengals); "not the right camera angle" (Steelers v chiefs); "couldn't see ball being released" (Rams v Cowboys).  Literally the rule is being blown and they're making excuses as to why.

• Like 1

I really think Spencer should make the team over Switzer and I really love Switz. Spencer might be the best returner we have had in a while (not saying much). 

Jaylen Samuels looks so much more comfortable this year. He could be a really nice piece and think he will see the field a decent amount this season even with a healthy Conner.

Man I know it’s one pre season game but Dupree looked great. If he can finally “break out” this season and we have two double digit sack guys on the edge with Bush controlling the middle...we could have a really good defense this year if the secondary holds up.

Burns looked really good. Looks like he knows he’s playing for his NFL career this season. I’d be comfortable if he’s the top backup to Haden/Nelson.

Mike Hilton is going to have a good season. That shoulder injury really hurt him last season. I dislocated my shoulder a month ago and I couldn’t imagine putting on pads and hitting people after that injury

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I really think Spencer should make the team over Switzer and I really love Switz. Spencer might be the best returner we have had in a while (not saying much). 

I don’t think they care too much about the returning, but what we see out of Spencer is what I was hoping to see Switzer get a chance to do - make people miss in space. 

Switzer has been a weird case so far. Barely played with the starters last night. Kinda feels like the Landry Jones case last year where they played the other guys more to see if they thought it was worth cutting Jones. 

Really interested in week 3 to see if he gets more run with the 1s. It at least seems like they are giving everyone else a shot. Could just be super comfortable with  what Switz is. 

Edited by Dcash4

I know it's way too early to say anything about these guys... but our wide receiver Corps looks like it could end up being top five from a talent standpoint. And they haven't even had a chance to play with a starting-caliber quarterback yet. I'm not getting my hopes up, but Deonte Johnson and James Washington look like they could be the real deal.

• Like 3