What Happened To Him?

AkronsWitness

9 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Not really the next big thing kind of player, but more flash in the pan: Reche Caldwell. Had like 800 receiving yards in 06, nothing of significance before or after

Only play one more season after 2006 and it was in 2007 with the Redskins(141 yards in 8 games)...Out of the league after the 2007 season at 28 years old.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CaldRe00.htm

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

The guy who balled out for the Seahawks in the superbowl who was a rookie against the Patriots. 

Chris Matthews?

Better than I thought, but still not good ... 176 Yards, 16 catchs, 1 TD in the next 3 seasons with Seattle and Baltimore ... Out of the league since 2017.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MattCh00.htm

• Like 1

Just now, Steelersfan43 said:

Chris Matthews?

Better than I thought, but still not good ... 176 Yards, 16 catchs, 1 TD in the next 3 seasons with Seattle and Baltimore ... Out of the league since 2017.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MattCh00.htm

That's who I thought for some reason I thought he was a undrafted free agent that year but he actually was an undrafted free agent in 2011. 

I guess I interpreted the broadcast wrong. 

1 hour ago, cant think of 1 said:

Lawrence Marouney

Kevin Ogletree

Joseph Addai 

Dennis Pitta 

Zach Stacy 

Laurence Maroney got traded to Denver from New England when Josh McDaniels was in Denver and sucked was literally out of the league. I was so mad because Marshawn lynch went for a 4th that same time frame. It's a good one though because he was supposed to be heralded an the reason Marion the Barbarian left early to the NFL Barber had the better career. 

Edited by thebestever6

On 8/5/2019 at 11:15 AM, ET80 said:

Ben Tate - or really, any Auburn RB since 2005. What gives?

Tre' Mason was an interesting case. He had this knack for slithering through crevices, exploiting line leverage. There were a lot of pieces that made the 2013-14 offense go, most notably the powerful offensive line, but Tre' Mason's superb short yardage skill and big play ability were a major key that kept things flowing for an offense that had a defensive back with an erratic but powerful arm at quarterback. Mason reminded me of Frank Gore, with a little less oomph behind the pads. He finished sixth in the Heisman voting. He played pretty well for the Rams his first year, but a string of incidents of erratic behavior and mental health concerns led to the drafting of Todd Gurley, a reduction in touches, and his leaving the league entirely. He was just cut by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Weirdly, Peyton Barber has had the most NFL starters' touches among recent entrants. Could not have predicted that at all. Though I suspect Kerryon will do quite well if injuries permit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cant think of 1 said:

Lawrence Marouney

Kevin Ogletree

Joseph Addai 

Dennis Pitta 

Zach Stacy 

Pitta had some horrible luck with hip injuries - his entire leg would just pop out of joint every single time he tried to come back, sounded like it was an incredibly painful situation.

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

member Lofa Tatupu? feel like that guy was a probowler for a few years then i never heard of him again

Looks like a torn pectoral muscle within months of a new team (falcons).

Jerramy Stevens is another from the Seattle SB team that seemed to just drop off the map.

• Like 1