Nfl top 100

Kiwibrown

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even still, 5 touches, 100 yards.  Good for sure, nothing wild or crazy.

10+ receptions, some in double coverage.  Beating a #1 corner and making catches even when you know the defense knows you’re getting the ball.  

125-150 yards on occasion.

Not needing to be lined up in the slot to whip a DB’s butt.

So you don’t like that he’s a slot WR.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Unless you’re a pass rusher or QB, you can always make an argument about a guy being overpaid. Those are 2 positions that have the strongest impact on a team winning.

It goes:

1. QB

2. Pass Rusher

3. Everybody else

Based on what we saw with HUE.

Head ball coach might be Number 3

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think for that money you should be able to line up at any WR spot and beat your opponent regularly.

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

hes high but theres also some recently signed wrs that seem like worse dealsS
Sammie Watkins
allen robinson
alshon jeffery
tyrell williams
jamison crowder (wow)

its just how free agency works.  honestly i gotta think he gets an extension that reworks his last couple years just so he can stay on the browns cause hes friends with baker and obj

• Like 2

Just now, mistakey said:

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

hes high but theres also some recently signed wrs that seem like worse dealsS
Sammie Watkins
allen robinson
alshon jeffery
tyrell williams
jamison crowder (wow)

its just how free agency works.  honestly i gotta think he gets an extension that reworks his last couple years just so he can stay on the browns cause hes friends with baker and obj

Yeah FA isn’t where to look for deals, but technically he wasn’t a FA.  We had his rights, etc., yada yada... I get your point though.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Unless you’re a pass rusher or QB, you can always make an argument about a guy being overpaid. Those are 2 positions that have the strongest impact on a team winning.

It goes:

1. QB

2. Pass Rusher

3. Everybody else

I generally agree with this.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, Hue had Baker looking mediocre as hell.

After seeing what Freddie did with him, I’m not sure how that’s even possible.

I didn't see it that way at all. I thought Baker looked just as good under Hue and had more impressive throws on a regular basis.

Baker wasn't nearly as successful statistically or with wins under Hue because of obvious flaws in the system but purely as a thrower of the football Baker looked great to me from throw one until he was picked off to end the season.

He was sacked probably at a rate like 8 times more under Hue With limited options because of the long developing routes his completion percentage I'm sure was much lower under Hue. The removal of Hue was great for Baker and the team. While Hue was here and the offense struggled it never felt like it was because of the QB (unlike every other season since 1834) it felt like the offense was put in a position that success would be difficult and the stars had to align just right for it to work.

So the offense looked mediocre under Hue and statistically Baker was mediocre under Hue but, at least to me, he still looked great under Hue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It goes:

1. QB

2. Pass Rusher

3. Everybody else

I generally agree with this.

Eh, if pass rusher is that important a player (LT) who can neutralize the blindside rusher would then seem to be just as important.

If the pass rush is coming from a DT then your interior offensive linemen would be pretty important.

If your pass rusher has been neutralized by great offensive linemen then you coverage guys are pretty important.

If you make 2 kicks in the first 3 weeks you win the division and if you miss you go home, that's pretty important.

I really think QB is #1.

It's a softer league now and LT isn't as important as it used to be because injury used to be the biggest reason LT was so important but now rules take care of most of that and it's just the loss of yards that get calculated as the negative.

I would probably put pass rushers in with everyone else. It certainly takes a complete or near complete team to realistically have a chance to go deep in the playoffs. With no pass rush it will be tough. With poor coverage units it would be tough. With poor O-line it would be tough. With poor tackling it would be tough. With no run....etc.. you get it. With a bad QB it is damn near impossible.

On 7/29/2019 at 10:03 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even still, 5 touches, 100 yards.  Good for sure, nothing wild or crazy.

10+ receptions, some in double coverage.  Beating a #1 corner and making catches even when you know the defense knows you’re getting the ball.  

125-150 yards on occasion.

Not needing to be lined up in the slot to whip a DB’s butt.

Jarvis is certainly overpaid but I'd rather have him at this price than not at all.

He played an instrumental role in transforming our losing culture. The day he got here he was recruiting people and all about that Brown and Orange. It really was contagious. Obviously a lot of other factors were involved (Baker, firing Hue/Haley, etc...) but it still stands that Jarvis has helped lift this team out of the dirt.

I love his energy on the field too. He keeps us fired up. He's also a top 10 WR blocker as well, which matters more than people acknowledge.

6 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Jarvis is certainly overpaid but I'd rather have him at this price than not at all.

He played an instrumental role in transforming our losing culture. The day he got here he was recruiting people and all about that Brown and Orange. It really was contagious. Obviously a lot of other factors were involved (Baker, firing Hue/Haley, etc...) but it still stands that Jarvis has helped lift this team out of the dirt.

I love his energy on the field too. He keeps us fired up. He's also a top 10 WR blocker as well, which matters more than people acknowledge.

Yah I’m glad we have him, no doubt, but he’s most definitely overpaid.

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I disagree slightly Thomas, because a pass rusher can physically take over a game unlike a CB or LT.

I'd rather have a great pass rusher than a great L.T. but I'd rather have a bad pass rusher than a bad L.T. Also if you have a bad CB you just do a lot of quick 3 step drop passes and throw to the man he is covering eliminating the rush.

• Like 1