1997 Broncos vs 2010 Packers

Bolts223

Both these teams won the SB. Both were wild card teams. I would say that one of these teams would have to be the best wild card/non-division winner ever.

Some stats on both:

1997 Broncos:

Record: 12-4

Point differential: +185

SRS: 10.71

Teams they beat in the playoffs: 11-5 Jaguars, 13-3 Chiefs, 12-4 Steelers, 13-3 Packers

2010 Packers:

Record: 10-6

Point differential: +148

SRS: 10.94

Teams they beat in the playoffs: 10-6 Eagles, 13-3 Falcons, 11-5 Bears, 12-4 Steelers

Broncos

The Packers run defense was a weakness for them in 2010 and I do not think they would have contained Terrell Davis who has always been to another level in his career in the playoffs .... I actually believe that Davis would have had even more success that he had in the super bowl in 1997, since this packers team had Reggis White, but GB could not contain him.

• Like 2

TIL about the 1997 Chiefs and fact that those Broncos were a WC team.... Thought they went 14-2 back to back in 97 and 98. Interesting.

Matchup wise you have to go 97 Broncos. Dominant run game vs a weaker run D, that would be incredibly hard to beat even with Rodgers playing amazing football like he was during that run.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

TIL about the 1997 Chiefs and fact that those Broncos were a WC team.... Thought they went 14-2 back to back in 97 and 98. Interesting.

Matchup wise you have to go 97 Broncos. Dominant run game vs a weaker run D, that would be incredibly hard to beat even with Rodgers playing amazing football like he was during that run.

The Broncos between 1996 to 1998 are probably the most underrated great team of all-time .... 13-3 in 1996, 12-4 in 1997 and 14-2 in 1998....39-9 in his 3 years.

The most impressive stats of the Broncos in his 3 years were that Denver were 24-0 at home during the regular season! I do not think another team have been unbeaten for 3 years in a row at home in NFL history.The Packers for about this same period had been close too.

Their upset loss at home against the Jaguars in 1996 in the playoffs is also one of the biggest upset in NFL history.

• Like 1