How should the Cowboys handle Zeke? Re-sign him, that's how.

Runaway Jim

What would you do?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Cowboys deal with Zeke?

• Deny him a new contract and wait for him to return
    • Add money to his remaining two years but deny him an extension
    • Sign him to a new 3 year deal that makes him one of the top three highest paid RB in the league
    • Sign him to a new 5 year deal that makes him the highest paid RB in the league
    • Trade him to the highest bidder

Zeke could sign as late as Wednesday and still play IMO (unless the CBA mandates he has to be in by Monday or Tuesday, I have no idea).

He may not get 20 touches, but if he needs that much work to beat the Giants- frankly, if we even THINK he needs that much for us to beat the Giants- then this team is going nowhere

13 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

You keep reading more into these comments than what is there.  If Zeke signs this weekend and reports in shape on Monday then he will play in the opener.

The owner/GM stats he fully expects Zeke not to play. Thats fairly definitive. 

6 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Zeke could sign as late as Wednesday and still play IMO (unless the CBA mandates he has to be in by Monday or Tuesday, I have no idea).

He may not get 20 touches, but if he needs that much work to beat the Giants- frankly, if we even THINK he needs that much for us to beat the Giants- then this team is going nowhere

Zeke has had literally 0 practices with our new OC. I dont think showing up Wednesday is going to be enough time for more than maybe a goaline dive. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Zeke has had literally 0 practices with our new OC. I dont think showing up Wednesday is going to be enough time for more than maybe a goaline dive. 

I’ve no reason to believe our inside and outside zone plays are any different than they’ve ever been. He might tip that it’s a run play though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And you think they didnt change the verbiage either? 

We used to have to tell Dez "do this" when he didn't know the playbook. An RB's job is not nearly as difficult.

But yes he probably needs a full week of practice to play so much as half the snaps.

Edited by matt79511

On 8/28/2019 at 2:10 PM, Matts4313 said:

Did you click the link? Jerry literally just said that Zeke will be on the field. 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The owner/GM stats he fully expects Zeke not to play. Thats fairly definitive.

Do you get dizzy or disoriented when you swing wildly from one end of the spectrum to the other like this?

• Like 1

I don't agree with Jerry's stance here.  The CBA allows players to hold out for a new deal after three years.  The team will take advantage of any portion of the CBA that benefits them, so it is not reasonable to expect Zeke to not take advantage of his right to hold out. 

Zeke is being smart.  If he just played through his contract the team would tag him in years 6 and 7 and and give him as many carries as possible.  He would probably be pretty washed up by then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

I don't agree with Jerry's stance here.  The CBA allows players to hold out for a new deal after three years.  The team will take advantage of any portion of the CBA that benefits them, so it is not reasonable to expect Zeke to not take advantage of his right to hold out. 

Zeke is being smart.  If he just played through his contract the team would tag him in years 6 and 7 and and give him as many carries as possible.  He would probably be pretty washed up by then.

2 tags would be:

$11m

$13m

or $24m GTD.... The same as Bell got on like 4yr contract. So he would be getting fat paid if he did that. What the hell could he be upset about?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

2 tags would be:

$11m

$13m

or $24m GTD.... The same as Bell got on like 4yr contract. So he would be getting fat paid if he did that. What the hell could he be upset about?

He could have a career ending injury and never see any of that money.

• Like 1