Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

His medical is about as clean as you can get coming off a major injury...

If a guy like Gurley can go #10, I don't see Tua falling...

you never know, this covid stuff can be getting to these exec's heads , especially if this whole herbert to the fins rumors are real 

Could all be smokescreen though

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

His medical is about as clean as you can get coming off a major injury...

If a guy like Gurley can go #10, I don't see Tua falling...

Still there is not a long history of football players with hip injuries.  Knee injuries have been a lot more prevelant. I hope Tua has a long career, but teams in the top 10 have to be concerned even with the positive reviews.  There just isn t a long list compared to projecting the future from football players recovering from ACL tears or even patellas.  In the end, I don t see him getting past LA. but if he does the draft really gets interesting.  

For all of Gruden s love of Qbs, he has never drafted one in the first rd.  How about 14?  It s a great spot for Tua to red shirt.  This Brady won t decline that much in 2 yrs, so no need to go.get an elite Qb prospect, I just can t be in that camp.

57 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Still there is not a long history of football players with hip injuries.  Knee injuries have been a lot more prevelant. I hope Tua has a long career, but teams in the top 10 have to be concerned even with the positive reviews.  There just isn t a long list compared to projecting the future from football players recovering from ACL tears or even patellas.  In the end, I don t see him getting past LA. but if he does the draft really gets interesting.  

For all of Gruden s love of Qbs, he has never drafted one in the first rd.  How about 14?  It s a great spot for Tua to red shirt.  This Brady won t decline that much in 2 yrs, so no need to go.get an elite Qb prospect, I just can t be in that camp.

I wouldn't love it 

But wouldn't hate it

Ideal situation 

Whenever a qb sits behind another great qb  for a couple years they always end up being at least solid when they get a chance to start

52 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I might take him in the 2nd round if he's there at 45. 

No way he falls that far but if he did 100%. If he's there at 14 I'd think BA might give it some thought... then again BA needs a SB in the next 2 years so might punt on drafting Tua.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

No way he falls that far but if he did 100%. If he's there at 14 I'd think BA might give it some thought... then again BA needs a SB in the next 2 years so might punt on drafting Tua.

After the big 2 next season, the early list of prospects for next season:  Ehlinger Texas, Costello Miss St, Morgan Minny,  Mond A & M, Buechele SMU,  Jones Bama.  It is the job of scouting to project prospects even a yr out.  I don t look at that pool as particularly deep and just not take a Qb this season.  Can guys get better in a season?  Sure, but the Qb Whisperer can t draft and develop a Qb in his first 2 drafts with total control of football ops.  I m calling crap on the notion you don t want a Qb looking over his shoulder.  Tom Brady isn t that mentally fragile.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

After the big 2 next season, the early list of prospects for next season:  Ehlinger Texas, Costello Miss St, Morgan Minny,  Mond A & M, Buechele SMU,  Jones Bama.  It is the job of scouting to project prospects even a yr out.  I don t look at that pool as particularly deep and just not take a Qb this season.  Can guys get better in a season?  Sure, but the Qb Whisperer can t draft and develop a Qb in his first 2 drafts with total control of football ops.  I m calling crap on the notion you don t want a Qb looking over his shoulder.  Tom Brady isn t that mentally fragile.

Jimmy G was drafted in 2014. Brady's numbers that year?

373/582 | 4,109 yards | 33 TDs | 9 INTs | 1 Super Bowl win

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Jimmy G was drafted in 2014. Brady's numbers that year?

373/582 | 4,109 yards | 33 TDs | 9 INTs | 1 Super Bowl win

That would be great, but it is not a given a 43 yr old Qb will produce the same during his 37 yr old season.  Also, drafting a Qb now after the first rd, he will be under team control over the next 4 yrs.  

I get it Brady wants to play at least the next 2 seasons and possibly beyond.  So are we all gonna bank that Belichick was that wrong?  I have little doubt Brady will play well this season.  After that, well let s see how this season plays out 

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

That would be great, but it is not a given a 43 yr old Qb will produce the same during his 37 yr old season.  Also, drafting a Qb now after the first rd, he will be under team control over the next 4 yrs.  

I get it Brady wants to play at least the next 2 seasons and possibly beyond.  So are we all gonna bank that Belichick was that wrong?  I have little doubt Brady will play well this season.  After that, well let s see how this season plays out 

Based on Brady's interview today, leaving was his decision. And he made up his mind before the start of last season.