Why I bet GB for the SB (Offense edition)

Rainmaker90

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Well they all do!

But they don't go there for Brady. They go to play for the best coach in the NFL.

Brady is in a great situation.  He does nothing special, just does his job, but under BB that's all he has to do. 

How many SBs do you think Tom Terrific would have won under McCarthy?  Give you a clue....rhyme's with Nero.

It took a QB with incredible play making ability to make MM's offense work.

18 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

But they don't go there for Brady. They go to play for the best coach in the NFL.

Brady is in a great situation.  He does nothing special, just does his job, but under BB that's all he has to do. 

How many SBs do you think Tom Terrific would have won under McCarthy?  Give you a clue....rhyme's with Nero.

It took a QB with incredible play making ability to make MM's offense work.

I don't think this bolded sentence is true.

Favre made it work from the pocket.  And work well.

Young Aaron Rodgers made it work from under center and in the pocket.  And we won a Super Bowl with it.

Rodgers and Mac then changed things to suite that scrambling style later on to try to get past Seattle.

That offense was different than the timing offense Mac used with Old Favre and Young Rodgers.

I wouldn't put all of that on Mac, I'd share that with Rodgers.

• Like 4

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

With each passing year that MM failed to evolve, it absolutely became more necessary to have perfect QB play in order execute it successfully.

That's when a back up QB became irrelevant.  Nobody else could make it work. Last year we saw that ARod couldn't even make it work unless he was close to 100%.

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

With each passing year that MM failed to evolve, it absolutely became more necessary to have perfect QB play in order execute it successfully.

I don't think that is all on Mac.  And we can agree to disagree on that.

Rodgers failed his coach as much as his coach's scheme failed him.

There were just so many times in the last 2 football seasons that Rodgers hangs onto the ball looking for the big play instead of taking what was given to him.

...and we don't know how many plays were checked out of.

What I'm saying is that I feel like there is equal parts of blame to go around.  And i don't buy the whole 'antiquated" Mac offense that the reporters were spewing.  The offense produced yards despite a QB who failed to take wide open routes and who missed on open deep throws.   In my estimation, had the offense been that bad, the numbers wouldn't have been so good, despite QB play that was subpar (for Rodgers).

Again...plenty of blame to go around. 

I for one hope I see Rodgers under center more using timing and rhythm to get easy pass completions.

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

That's when a back up QB became irrelevant.  Nobody else could make it work. Last year we saw that ARod couldn't even make it work unless he was close to 100%.

Dude made it work and work GREAT in week one with a busted up ankle.

It was Rodger's own stubborness that led to the demise last year.  ...in so much that he wouldn't hit a guy early if he had a deep play developing behind him.

He was deadly against the Bears when he took the short quick ones that were there and just moved chains.  ..honestly those throws aren't there as often if the game is close (more or less a Bears prevent defense), but still week one was the last week I remember Rodgers taking what was there and not being overly concerned with creating things himself.

But that's just me...today...regarding Rodgers.  I'm here in GB and from my last few posts, you'd think he cut me off in traffic this morning!

1 hour ago, boratt said:

In a way, Gute and Thompson failed the offense too. Not many playmakers who Rodgers has familiarity with last year. Thats a tough spot for AR and MM.

Went into the tear with Adams, Allison, Cobb, Jones, Graham.

We had guys get injured. None of the other elite guys turn into a pumpkin because they have 2 rookie WRs.

18 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Dude made it work and work GREAT in week one with a busted up ankle.

It was Rodger's own stubborness that led to the demise last year.  ...in so much that he wouldn't hit a guy early if he had a deep play developing behind him.

He was deadly against the Bears when he took the short quick ones that were there and just moved chains.  ..honestly those throws aren't there as often if the game is close (more or less a Bears prevent defense), but still week one was the last week I remember Rodgers taking what was there and not being overly concerned with creating things himself.

But that's just me...today...regarding Rodgers.  I'm here in GB and from my last few posts, you'd think he cut me off in traffic this morning!

I was trying to address the back up QB deal and made a bad example by referencing Rodgers.  MM's offense hasn't been able to operate with a back up QB for years.  MM seemed to refuse to modify his calls to accentuate the QBs skills.  We've seen some of the worst QB play in years whenever Rodgers went down.  It 'seemed' like they were trying to address it with the Kizer trade, but he just turned into 'Hundley part II'.