AJ Green

JaguarCrazy2832

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So we all know he is ultra talented and when he’s on the field he puts up good numbers. Now that we know he’ll miss a game or 2 at least(maybe more?) and we also know he has had injuries in the past, it’s possible he misses more time. 

When do you pull the trigger on someone like that? 

I'm not all that concerned about the injury. Obviously I'll try and get an update before my draft (August 25th) but I think I'd be pretty comfortable taking him in Round 3, and definitely would snag him up if he were there in round 4. I don't see him missing anymore than a game or two unless there's a set back. I think you're still going to get WR1 production when AJ comes back. 

But I love AJ Green though, I think from 2011-2016 he was on my fantasy team 4 of those 5 years.  

11 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I'm not all that concerned about the injury. Obviously I'll try and get an update before my draft (August 25th) but I think I'd be pretty comfortable taking him in Round 3, and definitely would snag him up if he were there in round 4. I don't see him missing anymore than a game or two unless there's a set back. I think you're still going to get WR1 production when AJ comes back. 

But I love AJ Green though, I think from 2011-2016 he was on my fantasy team 4 of those 5 years.  

yeah round 3/4 sounds good to me.

56 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

A bit off topic here, but do we have a general fantasy football questions thread?

We dont but i dont mind the single threads for guys that have them already. Gurley and Green are 2 huge names that should be talked about bc of their injuries and Chubb is intriguing because his backup is suspended but a 1st round fantasy pick in his own right

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I really didn’t have much interest in Green before his injury. I felt that there were tons of guys who wound outplay him at a similar ADP.  But now with the injury, it’s suppressed his ADP enough for me to consider him. 

1000% agree. Because of his past, i was terrified to even consider him that early bc the biggest draw with WRs early over RBs is they are far less susceptible to injury and therefore more consistent but Green isnt. Now that he is hurt though and his ADP has dropped him a few rounds, I’m very intrigued bc now there is potential to outplay his ADP where before i didnt think he would

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

yeah round 3/4 sounds good to me.

I’m surprised to see round 3 as a possibility even if it was a late one just because i didnt have him as a late 2nd and think the injury bumps him at least a full round. I might need to reconsider thinking he’ll fall to me early 4th or late 5th

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We dont but i dont mind the single threads for guys that have them already. Gurley and Green are 2 huge names that should be talked about bc of their injuries and Chubb is intriguing because his backup is suspended but a 1st round fantasy pick in his own right

Nothing about your thread here, I just had a question and didn't know where to put it lol, didn't mean anything about this AJ Green thread. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m surprised to see round 3 as a possibility even if it was a late one just because i didnt have him as a late 2nd and think the injury bumps him at least a full round. I might need to reconsider thinking he’ll fall to me early 4th or late 5th

Like Chubb, if you pick green just make sure you have good depth at WR until he returns and there are quite a few who I like to stock pile whether or not I pick Green.

58 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

3rd round for Green?

I'm not looking his way till 70s, just got him at 92 in a mock.

92 seems crazy, his ADP sits in the 55-60 range depending on the site. 

I just got him Early in the 7th (pick 63 I think) and I would call that very good value. I would be happy with him as my first Bench player, (5th-ish pick) because with AJ's history, he could be out a full month, especially if they are off to a bad start

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Like Chubb, if you pick green just make sure you have good depth at WR until he returns and there are quite a few who I like to stock pile whether or not I pick Green.

I think getting good depth at WR is pretty easy even if you go RB/TE or something of the sort

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

92 seems crazy, his ADP sits in the 55-60 range depending on the site. 

I just got him Early in the 7th (pick 63 I think) and I would call that very good value. I would be happy with him as my first Bench player, (5th-ish pick) because with AJ's history, he could be out a full month, especially if they are off to a bad start

Yea its not often to get someone that talented in the 7th round either. He easily can finish as a Top-15 WR if he is healthy. Definitely worth the risk.