Preseason Thread

saintsfan

On 8/19/2019 at 2:34 PM, Mid Iowa said:

This is my favorite play of the game. And Hill's stiff arm on LB#52 is priceless!

nice play! my question is why people bring race to the conversation right off the bat?? Look at the 2nd comment... with attitudes like that... how does racism die?? #pathetic

EDIT:  Besides, Cam gets no love on calls due to the same type attitude... think about it. It's a viciously stupid cycle.

PS: I hate flies!

Edited by jcvoodoo
extra comment
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jcvoodoo said:

nice play! my question is why people bring race to the conversation right off the bat?? Look at the 2nd comment... with attitudes like that... how does racism die?? #pathetic

EDIT:  Besides, Cam gets no love on calls due to the same type attitude... think about it. It's a viciously stupid cycle.

I remember when Vaccaro got a little short with a reporter for making comments about Andrew Luck’s “sneaky” athleticism.

Vaccaro called out the reporter and said something to the effect of: “We’ve seen him play every week for the last 5 years. His athleticism isn’t sneaky, you just think it is because he’s white.”

1 hour ago, jcvoodoo said:

I agree with all 3 lines.
I'm not going to get into line 1 too much because, like you said, it keeps it alive, and I'm tired of it.

Cam is a great player, right up until he's not. The "until he's not" part happens every season, which makes him unreliable, therefore, not top tier.

I know the reason I give Hill some love over Cam is because we expect it from Cam as a marque guy. Most of us are still in the "Who's Taysom Hill" category, unless you're a Saints fan. Then you know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

Most of us are still in the "Who's Taysom Hill" category, unless you're a Saints fan. Then you know.

I think most people who are more than casual NFL fans are starting to pick up on Taysom. Tons of people were talking about him on Reddit the other day. He’s one of my dads favorite players, and he’s a Seahawks fan

4 hours ago, Dome said:

I think most people who are more than casual NFL fans are starting to pick up on Taysom. Tons of people were talking about him on Reddit the other day. He’s one of my dads favorite players, and he’s a Seahawks fan

Interesting, and cool! I'm surrounded by a lot of NFC North, Cowboys, and Steelers fans here in Central Iowa. Not too many Saints fans here. But yeah, I get what you're saying. Very interesting. 

8 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

From what little I saw, it looked like Taysom Hill was money. Thoughts?

He’s not a very good quarterback but still finds a away to move the offense. He’s got the immeasurable “it factor” and IMO that’s his most valuable asset and what makes him such a versatile player.

He might not have all the refined skills at, well, any position, but he’s got the athleticism and the “it factor” that makes up for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

He’s not a very good quarterback but still finds a away to move the offense. He’s got the immeasurable “it factor” and IMO that’s his most valuable asset and what makes him such a versatile player.

He might not have all the refined skills at, well, any position, but he’s got the athleticism and the “it factor” that makes up for it.

Rereading what I just wrote, it’s shades of Tebow except Tebow couldn’t do the other stuff.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dome said:

Rereading what I just wrote, it’s shades of Tebow except Tebow couldn’t do the other stuff.

And Tebow couldn't throw a spiral......still haven't figured out how exactly he managed to throw footballs into a flat spin....That's talent on a whole nother level.

• Like 3