Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

18 hours ago, mar29020 said:

maybe they should consider moving morgan to Left tackle.

We've discussed it briefly. Long story short, @Woz @MKnight82 and myself among others commented how well that DIDN'T go in college. Things change, and sometimes it can't be helped, but we need to AVOID it I think.

4 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Yay medical staff!

Just awful but it's more than the medical staff. The entire organization made the decision to try to rush Colt back to back into the playoffs? Why? They weren't going go far even if they had made the playoffs. I think all of us thought it didn't make sense last year and sadly, we were proven right.

The decision to rush back Colt after he broke his leg doesn't help with the Trent situation either. It's more than just the medical/training staff failure, it's the entire organization failure.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Just awful but it's more than the medical staff. The entire organization made the decision to try to rush Colt back to back into the playoffs? Why? They weren't going go far even if they had made the playoffs. I think all of us thought it didn't make sense last year and sadly, we were proven right.

The decision to rush back Colt after he broke his leg doesn't help with the Trent situation either. It's more than just the medical/training staff failure, it's the entire organization failure.

This really sounds like A organization I would love to be drafted, sign, or resign with!!>:( They are clearly incompetent!!! 

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

This really sounds like I organization I would love to be drafted, sign, or resign with!!>:( They are clearly incompetent!!! 

Definitely. Man, I hope things get better and the young guys we've drafted the last 3 years like Allen, Payne, Haskins, Sweat, TMc, etc, plus Scherff change the culture/direction of this franchise but it's hard to believe it will happen bc of the top two guys running it.

5 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Yay medical staff!

Organizational failure across the board.  Combine that with the Trent Williams stuff, and all of the injuries, and the Redskins need to do an overhaul here.  In fact, if the NFL can come in and mandate sweeping changes in regards to concussions, I'm surprised nothing's been done here with the amount of injuries.  Who knows, maybe this news is the catalyst for them to take further action.

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Organizational failure across the board.  Combine that with the Trent Williams stuff, and all of the injuries, and the Redskins need to do an overhaul here.  In fact, if the NFL can come in and mandate sweeping changes in regards to concussions, I'm surprised nothing's been done here with the amount of injuries.  Who knows, maybe this news is the catalyst for them to take further action.

The only thing here is that this is a lot like the Kevin Durant situation which led to his ruptured achilles in the NBA Finals.

As you can see from what is written, McCoy pushed to return as well. In fact he wanted to return and it wouldn't shock me if it was McCoy who was the catalyst here seeing as it was possibly his last chance ever to lead a winning team to the playoffs.

I don't know if that last sentence is true for sure, but I would bet it's true. 

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Definitely. Man, I hope things get better and the young guys we've drafted the last 3 years like Allen, Payne, Haskins, Sweat, TMc, etc, plus Scherff change the culture/direction of this franchise but it's hard to believe it will happen bc of the top two guys running it.

That's if the young guys decided to stay. From this news I wouldn't want to resign here. The only way they are keeping me is the Franchise Tag. I wonder if Scherff is having his doubts about resigning, that's why a deal isn't done yet. I know if I were his agent I would be tryna get him out of here or a Mega deal to stay. 

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That's if the young guys decided to stay. From this news I wouldn't want to resign here. The only way they are keeping me is the Franchise Tag. I wonder if Scherff is having his doubts about resigning, that's why a deal isn't done yet. I know if I were his agent I would be tryna get him out of here or a Mega deal to stay. 

I think if they're paid they will stay. The reason Scherff hasn't sighed yet is bc he wants to be the highest and guard in the league and the Redskins haven't offered him that contract yet. From all reports, the Redskins and Scherff are far apart on $ but there's never been any indication from Scherff or anyone in his camp that he doesn't want to play here anymore.

I could definitely see them not coming to a deal, franchising him in March and then him leaving in 2021 for a midwest team like Chicago, Greenbay, Minnesota etc bc he's from Iowa and might want to go back to the midwest but that's a few years down the road IMO.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I think if they're paid they will stay. The reason Scherff hasn't sighed yet is bc he wants to be the highest and guard in the league and the Redskins haven't offered him that contract yet. From all reports, the Redskins and Scherff are far apart on $ but there's never been any indication from Scherff or anyone in his camp that he doesn't want to play here anymore.

I could definitely see them not coming to a deal, franchising him in March and then him leaving in 2021 for a midwest team like Chicago, Greenbay, Minnesota etc bc he's from Iowa and might want to go back to the midwest but that's a few years down the road IMO.

So off your comment if their paid they will stay, please share that with other's who come for players who get paid. Like those who were coming for Collins because of his deal. Maybe to get players to sign here they have to be a little overpaid. Though I don't believe that played too much of a part with Collins joining the Skins. I think he definitely wanted to be here to play the Giants twice a year and also to honor his idol Sean Talyor. 

15 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So off your comment if their paid they will stay, please share that with other's who come for players who get paid. Like those who were coming for Collins because of his deal. Maybe to get players to sign here they have to be a little overpaid. Though I don't believe that played too much of a part with Collins joining the Skins. I think he definitely wanted to be here to play the Giants twice a year and also to honor his idol Sean Talyor. 

Definitely, I agree about Collins and while his deal was huge on the surface, when you look at how it's broken down there’s not as much guaranteed money and the Redskins can get out of it.

Collins was a good signing, he's the type of FA we should be signing. I've heard nothing but good things about him since he's been here and it's been reported that he's been a real leader for the defense too. Allen and others have said that Collins has always been that way, he's a natural leader.

I don't think it's necessary to go picking fights w/ anyone just bc they disagree. That doesn't make much sense to me. People disagree all the time but no need to get too worked up about it.

9 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Yay medical staff!

Cmon, they didn't force Colt to do anything.  We all know he is a very mature guy.  He could have easily said, no, this isn't right for me.  These guys, by choice, play a brutal game for a living and then we act like they should be put in bubble wrap when it suits us.  The smart thing for all of their health is to pick another job. 

Call a spade a spade.  When you elect to play football for a living, this is part of the deal.  It is also why you can make millions of dollars in a few short years.  These guys have a very short time where they can be successful and if they don't push through injuries, chances are that they won't be successful.  Colt McCoy has failed to stay healthy his entire career.  He has still made more money than a lifetime of any normal job.  However, if he could stay healthy he would have made a lot more.  Hell, McCoy probably should have quit football after his many concussions early on his career, but he didn't.  Time and time again these guys make the choice to play despite the health sacrifice.  Let's be clear it is their choice alone.  

It isn't like the players don't know this.  Think about it, when as part of your regular routine you do things like take ice baths and have to see trainers for therapy many times a week every week you should know this isn't the best thing for your health.  

This is part of the game...unless of course you are one of those people who want to see them turn it into flag football.

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is why I have wanted the medical and training staff fired for years now. I told you guys when it happened that Alex would be gone for all of 2019, and Colt would be lucky to be back by October.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is why I have wanted the medical and training staff fired for years now. I told you guys when it happened that Alex would be gone for all of 2019, and Colt would be lucky to be back by October.

Alex being gone for all of 2019 is understandable given the severity of the injury.  McKenzie Milton suffered a similar injury and is out for this year.  A broken leg the way that McCoy suffered it should not have caused him to still have ill effects nearly 9 months later.  That doesn't sit right with me.  

47 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Alex being gone for all of 2019 is understandable given the severity of the injury.  McKenzie Milton suffered a similar injury and is out for this year.  A broken leg the way that McCoy suffered it should not have caused him to still have ill effects nearly 9 months later.  That doesn't sit right with me.  

No I get it, but with him in that position, and the way he broke it, I was not anticipating him being 100% by Week 1. The fact that they stupidly rushed him back is ridiculous. We did the same thing to Robert rushing him back his rookie year. I said his rookie year, we should've shelved him after Ngata killed his knee

On 8/10/2019 at 12:15 AM, Thaiphoon said:

My guess is they have. I mean the F.O. is stupid, but not that stupid. Its a "gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" scenario.

Are you sure about that?

Archived