Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

This is why you don't show up to games as fans and ask that Haskins not start until upper management is run by people who actaully let football guys do their jobs. 

A 1st and 3rd is great compensations for Trent Williams! 

If that were the case Haskins is never going to start for this team. If last season didn't get Bruce fired, nothing will.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

If that were the case Haskins is never going to start for this team. If last season didn't get Bruce fired, nothing will.

He will eventually. If Trent doesn't fold, I think that gives them no choice but to trade him. If he isn't back by week 3, I could see them folding and making a trade but Williams will be named the reasons for the trade. 

51 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You can admit that McCoy could give you the exact samething as Thompson though right? With a better health record. 

A younger McCoy could have given the exact same thing. Much better, obviously.

The current old and beaten-down version of Lesean McCoy is not “Shady” anymore. He averaged 3.9 yards per touch last season. Not per-carry — PER TOUCH. Which means it includes his receptions in addition to his carries. That puts him in the company of plodders like Alfred Blue, Carlos Hyde, and LeGarrette Blount. Chris Thompson has never averaged fewer than 5.3 yards per touch, and that was last year when they just dumped off little checkdowns to him every time he was on the field. 

Maybe you could have hoped for a big bounce-back season from McCoy — but then he came to camp and couldn’t even beat out Frank Gore or TJ Yeldon to keep his job. They couldn’t even trade him, they had to just cut him. 

Guys like Gore and Peterson are rare. Most RBs hit the wall around Shady’s age. It looks he has, too.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

A younger McCoy could have given the exact same thing. Much better, obviously.

The current old and beaten-down version of Lesean McCoy is not “Shady” anymore. He averaged 3.9 yards per touch last season. Not per-carry — PER TOUCH. Which means it includes his receptions in addition to his carries. That puts him in the company of plodders like Alfred Blue, Carlos Hyde, and LeGarrette Blount. Chris Thompson has never averaged fewer than 5.3 yards per touch, and that was last year when they just dumped off little checkdowns to him every time he was on the field. 

Maybe you could have hoped for a big bounce-back season from McCoy — but then he came to camp and couldn’t even beat out Frank Gore or TJ Yeldon to keep his job. They couldn’t even trade him, they had to just cut him. 

Guys like Gore and Peterson are rare. Most RBs hit the wall around Shady’s age. It looks he has, too.

Ok. How has his health been? This is not to discredit anything you just said. 

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He will eventually. If Trent doesn't fold, I think that gives them no choice but to trade him. If he isn't back by week 3, I could see them folding and making a trade but Williams will be named the reasons for the trade. 

If Ernie Grunfeld can be fired, anything is possible lol

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why would you keep 5 RBs with Love on the pup? Peterson, Guice, Thompson, Marshall, Wilson and Love is just asinine. We literally have nothing at receiver and you cut Cam Sims to keep 2 RBs you don't need. Just unbelievable. 

Doesn't maKe sense to keep Wilson unless they want to put him on the practice squad?

Hopefully they're making a move to add another player and waiting to cut Wilson until they do that. It's not 4 o'clock yet.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Doesn't maKe sense to keep Wilson unless they want to put him on the practice squad?

Hopefully they're making a move to add another player and waiting to cut Wilson until they do that. It's not 4 o'clock yet.

But why? I don't understand the need to keep Shaun Wilson? Why even keep him for the practice squad? Unless something miraculous happens the guy simply will never see the field here. It's just dumb. This isn't 1985. We don't need 5 RBs.

Responding to a couple things from today

-I would have kept Cam Sims over Quinn. To me Cams ceiling is ions higher

-I understand if they bring in Kiko Alonso but I wouldn’t do it personally. 

-I was hoping against hope that they would convert Perine to a fullback. 

-At the Colts game last year Docston signed my sons hoodie. Sadly that’s the best thing he’s ever done as a Redskin. 

-Shady? Nah. Wouldn’t mind taking a flier on Josh Adams though. 

-As always I’m on the lookout for guys that get cut that can be an actual threat returning kicks

ps. HBO picked the wrong Raider rookies to follow. Calinda the LB and Doss the WR were cuts

Jachai Polite was just cut. Guy was a 3rd round pick for the Jets but was touted as a 1st during the college season. Jeez, it almost seems to easy to say the Skins should be running to pick him up but maybe this kid has some real problems. 

7 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Jachai Polite was just cut. Guy was a 3rd round pick for the Jets but was touted as a 1st during the college season. Jeez, it almost seems to easy to say the Skins should be running to pick him up but maybe this kid has some real problems. 

I think the Redskins found a stud rusher in McKinzy. And there is no way the Cardinals don't claim Polite.

Just now, lavar703 said:

I think the Redskins found a stud rusher in McKinzy. And there is no way the Cardinals don't claim Polite.

Think there will be plenty of teams trying to take a shot on Polite. (Just realized Cards are first in waiver order). Some people were mocking him as high as top 10. Surprised the Jets couldn’t at least get a late pick for him. Rotoworld says it could be partly because Mike McCaggnan made the pick and he’s fired now and Gase is running the show, but it’s irresponsible to just ditch talent like that. 

1 minute ago, bigdog44 said:

Think there will be plenty of teams trying to take a shot on Polite. (Just realized Cards are first in waiver order). Some people were mocking him as high as top 10. Surprised the Jets couldn’t at least get a late pick for him. Rotoworld says it could be partly because Mike McCaggnan made the pick and he’s fired now and Gase is running the show, but it’s irresponsible to just ditch talent like that. 

I'm kinda shocked they couldn't trade him. Apparently he's a headache though.

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

But why? I don't understand the need to keep Shaun Wilson? Why even keep him for the practice squad? Unless something miraculous happens the guy simply will never see the field here. It's just dumb. This isn't 1985. We don't need 5 RBs.

Team's do this all the time, every single year. It's not new and there's no reason to overreact. I'm almost 100 he won't be on the opening day roster.

Archived