Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He literally did nothing until the last preseason game. So they chose him over Docston and another guy in Cam Sims who apparently killed it all off-season. I still do not understand cutting Cam Sims because he has a few drops in the last preseason game? I also don't understand keeping Trey Quinn but whatever

Cam Sims being overhyped by Redskins Twitter and beat reporters doesn't mean he killed it all offseason. I said all along reports were he was a lot like Doctson. Good athlete, big guy but sloppy route runner. Gruden wants guys who are good to great route runners bc his offense depends on timing.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Cam Sims being overhyped by Redskins Twitter and beat reporters doesn't mean he killed it all offseason. I said all along reports we're he was a lot like Doctson. Good athlete, big guy but sloppy route runner. Gruden wants guys who are good to great route runners bc his offense depends on timing.

Cam Sims being overhyped by people that watched him every single day, all off-season? You easily could've cut one of the outrageous amount of RBs we kept and had Sims on the roster. He's a decent receiver that you've spent two seasons developing but you cut him when your corp is horrible.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@Woz So, the Redskins saved $6 million by cutting Doctson right? I thought I heard Craig Hoffman say that.

Now it's time to get that big-time Scherff deal done!

Uhh, what?

First off, Doctson's whole cap number this year was $3.2M ($3,197,165 ifyou want to be precise). That's both salary and signing bonus monies. This being the final year of his contract, that's all that there can be. So, that $6M number is la-la land crazy.

Now, OTC has only $1.2M of Doctson's $1.82M salary as fully guaranteed, so perhaps Hoffman meant to say they saved $600K. Spotrac has Doctson's salary as fully guaranteed (and thus no savings).

27 minutes ago, Woz said:

Except he was a horrible kick off returner. He literally sucked at that job.

That’s only one part of special teams. It's also widely known that since 2017 he's been CT insurance. I wouldn't have kept him but that's why they did imo.

Just now, turtle28 said:

That’s only one part of special teams. It's also widely known that since 2017 he's been CT insurance. I wouldn't have kept him but that's why they did imo.

Except he's even more flimsy than Thompson.

And he cannot play gunner, so what other part of teams does he contribute to? Sims seemed to be a better punt returner.

Archived