Who would you rather have your team tank for Tua or Lawrence

Vladimir L

2 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Lions are a good shout. Bengals will prob draft QB in 2020. I expect the Lions to struggle this year and fire Matt Patricia. Then in 2020 Matt Stafford will have his last chance in Detroit, still will perform inconsistently and the Lions will get #1 pick in 2021 to take

Justin Fields, because he's just as good as a prospect as Trevor Lawrence. 

Unless Stafford is injured seriously or he has a big decline,he is too good to have the worst record in the NFL with him as QB

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Unless Stafford is injured seriously or he has a big decline,he is too good to have the worst record in the NFL with him as QB

Yeah. Stafford is just too much like Brees. Not bad enough to get much help from the Front Office/have premium draft picks, but not good enough to net double digits wins by himself. Still a top 10 QB IMO and that's not a hot take. I think he leads the league in fourth-quarter comebacks and game winning drives since he was drafted. He just has had a sucky team with little to no running game and a very consistently porous defense in recent years. Capable of MVP-caliber seasons and a ring, though.

Edited by HoboRocket

9 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Lions are a good shout. Bengals will prob draft QB in 2020. I expect the Lions to struggle this year and fire Matt Patricia. Then in 2020 Matt Stafford will have his last chance in Detroit, still will perform inconsistently and the Lions will get #1 pick in 2021 to take

Justin Fields, because he's just as good as a prospect as Trevor Lawrence. 

You can say it all you want, doesn’t make it true.

• Like 3

Lawrence is a Luck/Manning level prospect, Tua isn't quite on that level.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Clemson

He certainly was a lot better as a freshman than Luck and Peyton

Keep in mind he was playing on arguably the greatest college team of all time, Luck and Peyton would probably have looked better with that team too.

Edited by DigInBoys

Just now, DigInBoys said:

Lawrence is a Luck/Manning level prospect, Tua isn't quite on that level.

Keep in mind he was playing on arguably the greatest college team of all time, Luck and Peyton would have looked better with that team too.

Peyton was playing for National Championship contender. I always find it funny Tennessee won the national championship the first year Peyton was gone. You know that must of annoyed Peyton during 1999.

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Yeah. Stafford is just too much like Brees. Not bad enough to get much help from the Front Office/have premium draft picks, but not good enough to net double digits wins by himself. Still a top 10 QB IMO and that's not a hot take. I think he leads the league in fourth-quarter comebacks and game winning drives since he was drafted. He just has had a sucky team with little to no running game and a very consistently porous defense in recent years. Capable of MVP-caliber seasons and a ring, though.

No way Stafford is a top 10 QB. Maybe top 10 QB talent wise but he's inconsistent and not good during prime time games just like Dalton. Although he did get screwed for playing for one of the worst franchises in NFL history. 

10 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

You're probably right but I can see Stafford going into a shaky start and then the Lions go into tank mode with benching Stafford for fake injury or performance for Fields or Lawrence. 

17 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

You're probably right but I can see Stafford going into a shaky start and then the Lions go into tank mode with benching Stafford for fake injury or performance for Fields or Lawrence. 

Wtf. The Lions are winning the Super Bowl the next two years. 

10 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

As I said in page 2 in this thread, this is by far the worst case scenario for me!

Eh. I'd be more worried about the Ravens getting him if I were you.

Like yeah it would be annoying if the Patriots got him, but it would be more annoying if the Chargers had to deal with Mahomes and Lawrence 4x a year.