South Pole Madness Mafia: N8 Sunday at 10 pm est Nacho wins

Pickle Rick

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i mean, yeah you could try to be the one left standing or we could all work together.

i would take greater satisfaction of we "beat" dr. pickles game and worked together because hes expecting us to slaughter each other.

my first move in the game was "no move".

im not going to give away whether i commuted last night or not, but the only person i hit was mission because he didnt really understand the game anyway.

I guess I didn’t explain it well enough. Other than dying due to us slaughtering each other, how does one lose in this game?

Most games are civs vs mafia. Either the civilians or the mafia will have won at the end of the game (excluding independent parties). So even if I die at the end of this game and 1 of us survive for reinforcements to arrive, the “town” would have won in that scenario.

The idea that there is no other outcome other than a “town” win is what is throwing me off. I 100% believe there are Darwinists. I 100% believe we have to kill them. 

Does that make more sense?

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The idea that there is no other outcome other than a “town” win is what is throwing me off. I 100% believe there are Darwinists. I 100% believe we have to kill them. 

The idea of having a no-scum game where we just have to figure it out has been floating around over a year now. Several people have brought up the idea but hosting it right after talking about it would defeat the purpose. 

If that helps you not feel so thrown off by it 

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

The idea of having a no-scum game where we just have to figure it out has been floating around over a year now. Several people have brought up the idea but hosting it right after talking about it would defeat the purpose. 

If that helps you not feel so thrown off by it 

It's one that I know I've had, but I planned to implement it somewhat differently.

This implementation is interesting... but I don't know. The odd behavior of Orca stands out as a sore thumb if that is the case.

It doesn't really matter though. We need to survive three more nights (judging by the average number of days that are passing each day in the game and what the OP says) and the Darwinists likely only control one kill at most, possibly none. We stop the killings, and at worst all but three of us win the game (assuming there are Darwinists, they can kill once per day, and they correctly guess who isn't commuting each night) and the Darwinists lose.

21 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

you lose if you die.

theres no town.

only the survivors win.

It makes sense, but I am skeptical. 

We shall see as the next couple days play out. If people keep dying, I will be less inclined to believe this scenario.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

It makes sense, but I am skeptical. 

We shall see as the next couple days play out. If people keep dying, I will be less inclined to believe this scenario.

i mean, if people share the same mindset as you, they will keep dying.

because people with your mindset are killing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i mean, if people share the same mindset as you, they will keep dying.

because people with your mindset are killing.

The only thing that could guarantee your theory is if every kill was claimed on previous nights. 

The thought that a Darwin could convince everyone to not kill; and keep killing while blaming “reactive” posters like me is definitely out there. 

My PM did not say I HAD to kill anyone. The OP suggests strongly that Darwinists exist and that we need to “remove” them.

I am not comfortable with the wait and see approach.

With that said, I am willing to take a leap of faith and not perform any action tonight other than searching a spot on the grid.

If the killing continues tonight, you all need to look into the possibility that survival is not the only thing that matters.

On 8/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, Pickle Rick said:

Our goal still remains to make it to the next sunrise, roughly 150 more days and remove the Darwinists.   

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

the character Dr. Pickle "thinks" that.

So you are saying “Dr. Pickle” was trying to create hysteria for the purpose of the game?